• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Funny enough, Lux is my absolute worst matchup when I'm Vel'Koz. She generally wrecks me.

What the hell even happened to assassins? I hardly see them anymore. Even Kat has gone to the wayside.

The rise of CC-heavy engage/disengage comps. Not a lot of targets to assassinate, and the ones that are vulnerable are almost always protected.

patchday

I always thought Vik was balanced at least when I play him. Ahri though that's just an easy midlane win usually esp against a meleer that lacks any sort of range. That's just bank rolls $$

zkylon

zkylewd
i like viky, he falls under that weird space of mids i enjoy that are like sort of pokey and farm oriented but actually just want to murder stuff

just won a ranked 5s playing him, he's just fun

also velkoz is nothing like lux

jerd

yea velkoz is pretty broken actually

but he's boring af imo

Idk i think he's really fun bc he's immobile and kitey but not "oh hai I'm 50 miles away and zapping you" like xerath is. I feel like you can do some really cool stuff with him

Good god tho they need to give his ult some scaling

Just saw the vid of trick getting "swatted". Shits embarassing

zkylon

zkylewd
Idk i think he's really fun bc he's immobile and kitey but not "oh hai I'm 50 miles away and zapping you" like xerath is. I feel like you can do some really cool stuff with him

Good god tho they need to give his ult some scaling

you cray, his ult deals like 900 base dmg at lvl 16 and procs his passive a bunch of times

i agree on the xerath comparison, but i just don't enjoy how all velkoz' spells feel like they're super weird just for the sake of being weird.

Ferga

Enemy picks malphite and Tahm

We have kha jungle and riven top.

Our last pick is mid

And he picks zed.

I switch to teleport clarity to force a dodge. Good shit.

patchday

Oh man just noticed Foxfire Ahri skin is on sale. I haven't even played this hero in a little while and I still want. Man Riot sure knows how to press my buttons. It is true-- suckers are getting pimped every second

Tizoc

Oh man just noticed Foxfire Ahri skin is on sale. I haven't even played this hero in a little while and I still want. Man Riot sure knows how to press my buttons. It is true-- suckers are getting pimped every second

Bear Rider Sejuani is where it's at doe

Enemy picks malphite and Tahm

We have kha jungle and riven top.

Our last pick is mid

And he picks zed.

I switch to teleport clarity to force a dodge. Good shit.

Come on mang, Zed ain't that bad...unless they forget to build armor penetration early, in which case you really should've dodged :V

jerd

you cray, his ult deals like 900 base dmg at lvl 16 and procs his passive a bunch of times

i agree on the xerath comparison, but i just don't enjoy how all velkoz' spells feel like they're super weird just for the sake of being weird.

Probably so it just always seems better on paper than in action. I haven't played him since tank meta tho so between everyone having like 6k hp and the ap rework maybe it's different now. I just always felt like rooting myself was rarely worth the trouble unless you have a lot of room to breathe

zkylon

zkylewd
Probably so it just always seems better on paper than in action. I haven't played him since tank meta tho so between everyone having like 6k hp and the ap rework maybe it's different now. I just always felt like rooting myself was rarely worth the trouble unless you have a lot of room to breathe
i think you're just underrating him, his sustained damage is pretty good (all his spells are long range aoe dmg+his passive), specially if you get passive procs and his ult is insane

he requires very good positioning but you can't really fight and ignore velkoz or he'll melt your backline from like a million teemos away

Just a couple of weeks behind LCS and other competitive regions.

It's the same principle as Shen. You give up early lane pressure for a strong mid game. He fits well into the passive bot lane meta right now.

>Strong mid game

Trundle is for the early game and for the late game. God fuck this meta of 'Shen support, Trundle support' going on. Either play them right or die and lose trying.

Leezard

It's true that Trundle ult and pillar always are relevant, but you're not picking him for the early game in bot lane.
He'll contribute by reducing the enemy tank to a squishy in the midgame to late game, and do the pillar thing as usual. His autos will just be really bad.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's true that Trundle ult and pillar always are relevant, but you're not picking him for the early game in bot lane.
He'll contribute by reducing the enemy tank to a squishy in the midgame to late game, and do the pillar thing as usual. His autos will just be really bad.

I mix in Botrk for infinite drains.

Ferga

I'm having one of those "people are dying whereever I'm not ganking" days.

I watched a 5/1 rumble main lose to a 1/3 lee sin in a 1v1.

jerd

Frozen Heart: 2600g (was 2450g), 90 Armor (was 100 Armor).
Banshee's: 2700g (was 2750g), 60 MR (was 55 MR), now builds from Crystalline Bracer instead of Ruby Crystal (total cost still the same, so combine cost's cheaper).
Thornmail: 2300g (was 2100g), now reflects 15% damage + 25% of your bonus Armor (was 30% damage). Rewards using Thornmail with other armor effects, allows the damage reflect to still be significant against enemies dealing much of their damage through on hit effects instead of raw auto attack damage (e.g. Vayne). Significantly weaker as a sole Armor item however. This is about as big as this set of changes gets by the way, most of the others are just stat adjustments, not functionality changes.

Few of the defensive changes. If devourer junglers weren't taking over already they prob will be now

Thornmail will be reflecting less damage the majority of the time right?

killatopak

Gold Member
Isn't Trundle support old news? IIRC it started when Fnatic used it in the LCS.

Thornmail nerfs? Hurray for my bruisers. Boo for my tanks.

killatopak

Gold Member
It was played in other regions (LPL at least I think) before Fnatic did it.

But aren't they the one to popularize it? At least in our region, after Fnatic won decisively because of Trundle support, it became really popular. It must have been because the folks here don't watch too much pro tourneys of other regions except for the most well know ones like SKT.

Leezard

But aren't they the one to popularize it? At least in our region, after Fnatic won decisively because of Trundle support, it became really popular. It must have been because the folks here don't watch too much pro tourneys of other regions except for the most well know ones like SKT.
Sure, it was probably popularised in the west due to Fnatic.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm having one of those "people are dying whereever I'm not ganking" days.

I watched a 5/1 rumble main lose to a 1/3 lee sin in a 1v1.

Isn't that everyday? Kappa.

Frozen Heart: 2600g (was 2450g), 90 Armor (was 100 Armor).

Thornmail: 2300g (was 2100g), now reflects 15% damage + 25% of your bonus Armor (was 30% damage). Rewards using Thornmail with other armor effects, allows the damage reflect to still be significant against enemies dealing much of their damage through on hit effects instead of raw auto attack damage (e.g. Vayne). Significantly weaker as a sole Armor item however. This is about as big as this set of changes gets by the way, most of the others are just stat adjustments, not functionality changes.
1fcppeb4jql0.gif

TomShoe

Banned
Armor nerfs so much fun

Getting shit on by Zed with no counter-play I'm shivering in excitement

Assassins everywhere woot

100-0 deaths wow thanks riot

I'm gonna enjoy being blown up by K6 and Rengar jumps after stacking full armor for the next 3 months yay

Get actual effective health by mixing your stats with HP instead of just thoughtlessly stacking shit and letting your defensive steroids do your job for you

Also Zed is shit, if you get shit on by one thanks to 10 armor you should probably go play HoTS

patchday

Definitely worth it. Foxfire is my favorite Ahri skin.

I couldn't decide so got sleepy and went to bed. This morning I decided to tryout the Mystery skin feature since I've never used it and landed on SRT T1 Vayne which is pretty sweet because it has always been unavailable since I've started at least :)

jerd

Get actual effective health by mixing your stats with HP instead of just thoughtlessly stacking shit and letting your defensive steroids do your job for you

Also Zed is shit, if you get shit on by one thanks to 10 armor you should probably go play HoTS

Is this our new insult now? Can it not be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom