• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I would say HoN but I don't think half of us even remember that game exists

Holy shit Heroes of Newerth. I remember back in the days of the HoN vs LoL wars people viciously debating which game was better and threads about which game should I play. Would've been interesting to see what would've happened to that game if DOTA2 didn't completely obliterate it.

Zed sucks this is news

The added delay to his shadows really hurt.

Holy shit Heroes of Newerth. I remember back in the days of the HoN vs LoL wars people viciously debating which game was better and threads about which game should I play. Would've been interesting to see what would've happened to that game if DOTA2 didn't completely obliterate it.
Apparently they're doing a compendium type of community funding for world finals thing

It's currently at 2000 dollars

lol

TomShoe

Banned
At the rate they're nerfing armor, I wouldn't be surprised if Zed becomes viable again.

Whining ADC mains got their piece of flesh, I hope they take it and go home.

jerd

I'd love for them to do the same thing to Leblanc's W but she's kinda bad right now so any further nerfs would have to come with compensatory buffs.

I've been playing more support lately and surprisingly being on the receiving end of the ass reaming isn't as pleasant as I had assumed so yeah maybe something can be done about that

patchday

Might have to start playing ADC Vayne now

Lksuxbu.png

killatopak

Gold Member
Zed is among the most untouchable champs to deal with in my elo @_@

They just need to play Zed to know what to do when he is against you.

One of the things I did to put a stop to him is to memorize his cool downs. Living Shadow is a double edge sword. Using it offensively will allow Zed to deal more damage at the cost of his escape. Knowing when it is down and when it is up is a great way to start countering him. This can also be applied on all his skills and other champ.

Zed is like the easiest to deal with in top lane for me. When he uses his ult, just stun him or cc him in some form and his damage is mitigated. It helps that all my top laners have stuns.

mid and bot is another story tho.

Look at this huge buff to ADCs over the nerfed armor items

"But ADCs are weeeak and they need to be stronger"
"But poor ADCs die too fast"
"Poor ADCs!"

Fuck this armor change. This is Riots fault over not making multiple AP picks viable for the game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man, nightblue has some pretty neat emotes. Sadly you have to actually sub to nightblu to get them. That's a line I just can't cross.

patchday

Was praying Riot would add Elise to free rotation because I wanted to try her out before dropping 6300 IP on her ofc. Going to practice with her first in the Jungle for a bit offline (private game)

I did watch the champ spotlight though so I've had no trouble killing the Elise in my match earlier.

patchday

They just need to play Zed to know what to do when he is against you.

One of the things I did to put a stop to him is to memorize his cool downs. Living Shadow is a double edge sword. Using it offensively will allow Zed to deal more damage at the cost of his escape. Knowing when it is down and when it is up is a great way to start countering him. This can also be applied on all his skills and other champ.

Zed is like the easiest to deal with in top lane for me. When he uses his ult, just stun him or cc him in some form and his damage is mitigated. It helps that all my top laners have stuns.

mid and bot is another story tho.

I thought Zed was supposed to be on mid lane preferably though.

Ouch just looked at my history and I'm like 3/7 with zed. Guess that's a 42% win rate. So far I have a significantly win rate when I play support tho

killatopak

Gold Member
I thought Zed was supposed to be on mid lane preferably though.

Yep. Doesn't stop people from using him and yasuo at top though.There are items that counter him on mid though like Zhonya.

He can also split push which was pretty great a few months ago so it was quite alright to put him at top.

Well fighters/tanks can always go out of their way with their build order to itemize against us since we were expected to do the same, right?

Just build a Frozen Mallet :^)

no I'll just go Zed and kill you every time

that is what this change is going to do you know

assassins will become more popular

gone are the days of tanks

arrived are the days of killing the ADC as fast as possible

YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE PEOPLE COMPLAIN HOW FAST THEY DIE

BURN IN THE ASHES THE TANKS SHALL, AND RISE WILL THE ASSASSIN META!

patchday

Thanks always an education reading you guys posts. I'm sure I'd be losing every match (or getting massively carried) wasn't for you guys yo

TomShoe

Banned
COME AT ME SION--Oh wait, Vayne critted me once and I'm already half dead even though I'm stacking resistances and we have the same amount of gold. Nvm running away

Pancakes

COME AT ME SION--Oh wait, Vayne critted me once and I'm already half dead even though I'm stacking resistances and we have the same amount of gold. Nvm running away

COWARDS!

tank days are over

days of assassins with gap closers is here

believe it, quote me 3 months form now.

Maybe if you didn't run away your team could do something about it while Vayne is attacking a low priority target

drawkcaB

Defensive item changes seem fine to me. Lost in the hubbub (or would that be panic, the LoL community so damn whiny) is that mid-tier defensive items like glacial shroud are getting buffed. Resulting meta changes are going to be felt much more in competitive play than in solo queue where the overall effects should be close to what the AP item changes did to champion balance - not much but with a healthier item environment.

Interesting you chose Vayne because she doesn't benefit as much from these changes are other ADCs (if I understand the changes correctly).

Unlike say...mah Tristana and Varus =P

zkylon

zkylewd
i find it hilarious that people believe zed is gonna be viable cos of 10 less armor on fh

I'd love for them to do the same thing to Leblanc's W but she's kinda bad right now so any further nerfs would have to come with compensatory buffs.

yeah, leblanc is pretty ok right now, no need to randomly ruin her like they did to zed

An eve skin on pbe tonight would be nice

Getting a dumb legendary blitz skin instead
yea this sucks so bad

hopefully they'll be a companion skin for a non shitty champion

i find it hilarious that people believe zed is gonna be viable cos of 10 less armor on fh

I think it's going to be a combination of that and the new fighter items they're going to introduce. Zed and other assassins strengths were in the fact that they can use ADC intended items and Bruiser intended items.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently it's gonna be only a few items and they're apparently gonna try and make them bruiser-oriented (so gonna attach defensive stats/passives to them)

we'll see

game has to be a lot more snowbally for zed to be relevant

If new Cleaver didn't make Zed stop being shite then nothing will
yeah, specially since riot already said they wanted to make the items unusable by assassins and adcs

new cleaver is shit

I mean who seriously gets it, it's an item that you need to 'build up' in a teamfight against a target in order to maximize damage.

If that's what the new bruiser items will be, something that you have to get stacks on in order to maximize output, then that'll be awful

You mean besides Reksai Riven Vi J4 Wukong Panth Talon Xin Garen and Zed?

Most fighters and AD casters have ways to apply multiple stacks in one go and often to multiple targets

tank days are over

days of assassins with gap closers is here

believe it, quote me 3 months form now.

But then across the void of darkness arises a new hope.

Garen, Mordedkisar, Scarner and Darius. Heroes returned to stand against the Assassins.

EDIT: On that note any news on the Garen rework?

Reksai Riven Vi and J4 are one champion now?

J4 Riven and Vi aren't must picks in the highest levels of play. One of them is feast or famine, the other 2 have been nerfed significantly and aren't top tier picks.

But keep trying to convince me that j4 riven and vi are top tier picks, not top tier trash @_@

zkylon

zkylewd
literally only one of those champions is played competitively (Seriously that is)

unless you actually take into account bronze games for balancing. wait this is Riot of course they do

riot has said it multiple times they balance for plat+

EDIT: On that note any news on the Garen rework?
gonna be up on the pbe this week

apparently it's not a big change, but they're adding a "new mechanic" to him, whatever that means

jerd

new cleaver is shit

I mean who seriously gets it, it's an item that you need to 'build up' in a teamfight against a target in order to maximize damage.

If that's what the new bruiser items will be, something that you have to get stacks on in order to maximize output, then that'll be awful

Base stats alone are really gold efficient, not to mention the two passives which are both fine to pretty good depending on who you're playing.

Thing was practically built for gnar

but i mean considering your argument is based around the idea that only the top 10% of champions even matter idk

riot has said it multiple times they balance for plat+

gonna be up on the pbe this week

apparently it's not a big change, but they're adding a "new mechanic" to him, whatever that means

They're not going to get anywhere trying to balance for everyone whilst trying to make the competitive scene exciting.

Base stats alone are really gold efficient, not to mention the two passives which are both fine to pretty good depending on who you're playing.

Thing was practically built for gnar

Like on Gnar and Reksai Black Cleaver is great because they're both tanky and able to get in without being immediately killed. This in contrast to say, Wukong who is relatively squishier than Rek and Gnar, even J4 is a fair squishier. It's a good item for bruisers that can stay in a battle, but that's about it. I imagine the new fighter items will take that path, as in they'll reach max efficiency the longer you're in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom