• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't matter what we're talking about

you have a shitty opinion for everything, and it always inevitably leads to "lol riot sucks play hots instead"

and it would be fine if your opinions weren't also incredibly stupid trollbait

I only mentioned hots when someone else did these past pages

So you'd be wrong on that point neko @_@ And opinions are just that, opinions. I'd love to just constantly talk positively about the aspects I enjoy from league, but that makes for a dull conversation.

edit-anyways new page new hype mordekaiser hype

tOKDrjW.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I think it's time to bring back relationship charts.

YwftIl.png

He's... doing really well

New GP is pretty great

I feel he has alot of 'untapped power' with his barrels and the fact that they do AoE damage that ignores % armor.

Except he'll be harder to pick up and play because of having to know how to position barrels.

This is a GOOD gameplay remake from Riot.

zkylon

zkylewd
knight cake girl i think is soda

aniem robot i think kiunch

and creepo molester lee sin i think is rex

i know i cropped up that riven cloud avatar but forgot who it waws far

also i'm third from last lol, that avatar was shitty

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yo...GPs barrel damage. Holy crap.

knight cake girl i think is soda

aniem robot i think kiunch

and creepo molester lee sin i think is rex

i know i cropped up that riven cloud avatar but forgot who it waws far

also i'm third from last lol, that avatar was shitty

Anime robot is Kayos.

Lee is Rex.

Riven was Scy.

Pancakes

2lVuNeKm.png

Edit: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/gameplay-update-juggernauts

ITS HAPPENING.GIF

[NEW] Passive: Garen identifies the enemy champion with the most recent kills as the enemy team’s Villain. Judgment ticks and basic attacks on the Villain deal an additional 1% of their max Health as true damage.

Active: Garen calls upon the might of Demacia to deal a finishing blow to a targeted enemy. The more health they’re missing, the more damage Demacian Justice will deal. [NEW] Demacian Justice deals true damage to the enemy team’s Villain.

holy fuck that's an awesome passive, actually. Fits him thematically.

WHAT
We’re trying Mordekaiser out as a duo lane juggernaut, intended to step up in lieu of a regular marksmen pick.
Yep.

WHAAAAT
Morde’s rework has some pretty unique aspects. For starters, Creeping Death now only deals damage if Morde and his targeted ally stay near each other, a change intended to help entice Morde into duo lanes the way we mentioned. Secondly, even if he’s playing in lane with a support, he’ll earn full experience from any minion he’s able to last hit (support will get their usual half share of xp). This means that Mordekaiser, unless he dies horribly beforehand, will always hit level six way before his lane opponents, and will always have a pretty handy advantage when it comes to bot lane battles and early game dragon contests.

Leezard

Darius and Garen changes look cool. I dunno what to think about Skarner.

Mordekaiser changes are kinda crazy.

Morde’s rework has some pretty unique aspects. For starters, Creeping Death now only deals damage if Morde and his targeted ally stay near each other, a change intended to help entice Morde into duo lanes the way we mentioned. Secondly, even if he’s playing in lane with a support, he’ll earn full experience from any minion he’s able to last hit (support will get their usual half share of xp). This means that Mordekaiser, unless he dies horribly beforehand, will always hit level six way before his lane opponents, and will always have a pretty handy advantage when it comes to bot lane battles and early game dragon contests.

It would be really interesting if Morde could become a replacement for an adc in bot lane.

There's your bot lane mage Breezy

Yup. I can't even complain, I have a smile on my face. This is what the game needs, and Riot is doing it.

Even Skarners buffs seem pretty intense, and Darius is getting a good steroid. Garen is getting something that makes him unique and with a true damage ult, that means that he's extremely viable now despite some of his shortcomings(Little to no CC, no dash).

If Riot is able to move ahead and give each champion something crazy that really changes the dynamic of the game in the way you play it, then good tidings ahead.

Einbroch

Banned
That Darius change was needed, but I sort of feel like he might be too good in lane and too good in team fights now. He's a massive lane bully already, gonna be a bit scary to see him excel in team fights too.

Garen is cool but doesn't really solve his major issues. His Q needs to grant him immunity to slows even if it's only for half a second, and his W is still incredibly boring. Or make it so he gets a movement speed bonus when walking towards his judged target.

Skarner is stupid. Incredibly stupid. It's going to do nothing. It should grant your whole team movement speed, making him the master of teamfighting in the jungle.

Morde is wut. We'll see, way too early to make any judgement calls here, but I LOVE the idea of "well, maybe you don't need to partner with an ADC in bot lane".

whoa thats cray

can someone quote all the stuff here? im at work

tyty
Darius

Hemorrhage: Darius cuts enemies he attacks, causing them to bleed. Hemorrhage can stack up to five times.
[New] Bloodrage: Whenever Darius executes an enemy with Noxian Guillotine or fully stacks Hemorrhage on a target, he gains Bloodrage for a few seconds. While under the effects of Bloodrage, Darius deals greatly increased physical damage and applies max Hemorrhage stacks to all enemies he hits.
[NEW] Garen
Passive: Garen identifies the enemy champion with the most recent kills as the enemy team’s Villain. Judgment ticks and basic attacks on the Villain deal an additional 1% of their max Health as true damage.
Active: Garen calls upon the might of Demacia to deal a finishing blow to a targeted enemy. The more health they’re missing, the more damage Demacian Justice will deal. [NEW] Demacian Justice deals true damage to the enemy team’s Villain.
Whenever Skarner is in a game, six crystal spires appear on the Rift. They’re located by red buff, blue buff, Baron, and Dragon.These crystal spires are capturable, just like the altars on Twisted Treeline. When someone on the lonely scorpion’s team captures a spire, it creates a zone that gives Skarner (only Skarner!) pretty significant boosts to his movement and attack speed. The enemy team can capture them too and, when they do, they gain gold, a short burst of vision, and temporarily lock Skarner out from his super meaningful buffs. That’s the key - with these changes, Skarner becomes a neutral objective control king, and super useful for teams looking to overcome their enemies with buff and map control.
Whenever he deals damage specifically to the dragon, Mordekaiser curses it - if his team’s then able to kill it, Morde summons a specter of dragon that follows him around and fights for him. If you’ve ever thought about watching dragon and Baron duke it out... well... now you can.
That's about what they've revealed for now plus Morde's duo XP thing

whoa thats cray

can someone quote all the stuff here? im at work

tyty

In a nutshell-

Whenever Skarners in a game, 6 crystals appear around summoners rift. Skarner and teammates can activate them to get vision, Skarner gains buffs while in those crystal areas. Enemies can 'capture' and prevent skarner from using those crystals whilst gaining gold.

Darius gets a steroid when he uses his ulti successfully

Garen you've already heard

Morde gains full exp when he last hits(Even in duo lane), creeping death only does damage when near an ally he used it on, if Morde attacks the dragon and if it's killed while it has the Morde debuff, he gets it as a pet. There's a video attached to it, it's a cool spectre dragon that follows him. It has alot of HP and does splash damage too.

Leezard

Morde changes are crazy and I hope we can let him see actual duo lane play. Maybe pair it with a Vayne/Quinn (lol) top if you really need a marksman.

Morde changes are crazy and I hope we can let him see actual duo lane play. Maybe pair it with a Vayne/Quinn (lol) top if you really need a marksman.

I think how they made his exp gains-he only gets full if he lasts hit- would make it counterproductive to stick a marksman in there. In fact it's more beneficial to have Morde in a duo lane because the lane will be earning 150% exp, essentially you can have 3 lanes+jungle earning 100% exp, meaning your team fight is that much stronger.

HOWEVER

they'd have to compensate Mordes damage to be more sustained than burst in order to counteract the fact that your team won't have a marksman.

Or maybe we'll see the era of marksman in other lanes

Leezard

I think how they made his exp gains-he only gets full if he lasts hit- would make it counterproductive to stick a marksman in there. In fact it's more beneficial to have Morde in a duo lane because the lane will be earning 150% exp, essentially you can have 3 lanes+jungle earning 100% exp, meaning your team fight is that much stronger.

HOWEVER

they'd have to compensate Mordes damage to be more sustained than burst in order to counteract the fact that your team won't have a marksman.

Or maybe we'll see the era of marksman in other lanes

Oh, no, I didn't mean Morde + marksman, that would indeed be silly. I meant Morde + support in botlane, while there is a marksman in top lane (or mid lane for that matter). It should hopefully not be necessary though, so it might be okay to be without a marksman.

Oh, no, I didn't mean Morde + marksman, that would indeed be silly. I meant Morde + support in botlane, while there is a marksman in top lane (or mid lane for that matter).

Yeah, that'd make sense. There was a while where Vayne/Quinn would be picks for solo top lane.

There'd be a huge domino effect if Morde becomes a top tier pick because of his exp passive+dragon control(Literally), in that you might start seeing Marksman elsewhere when Morde is involved, and Riot balancing around that fact(or nerfing morde to the ground) which could open up a new era for League.

It'll be interesting to see, if this goes through, the effects of it. Morde will single-handedly change the meta whenever he's involved, because having 3 characters at level 6 before their bot reaches level 6 will be drastic.

Edit-Like, I may shit on league alot but stuff like this makes me giddy like a kid again. This is what I want from Riot~ holy shit Mordekaiser so good.

That's one out of my triangle of favorite champs fixed(if it goes through.)

[–]RiotStatikk [score hidden] 15 minutes ago
Think of the Dragon ghost more of a Passive on Morde's R.
If Morde and his team kill the Dragon, he enslaves the Dragon ghost for 75 seconds (same duration as if you killed an R'd champion).
A champion ghost and Dragon ghost can't exist at the same time, the Dragon ghost will replace the champion ghost if it already exists (don't worry the Dragon ghost is worth it!).

holy fuck that huge duration buff for R. Holy fucking shit, 75 seconds? Holy. Shit. Jesus Christ. I can see why Morde would be perfect in a duo lane, killing the level 4 adc and having it scale up to your level in terms of damage/health as well as having it for 75 seconds means....

Einbroch

Banned
Am I missing something on the Skarner change?

It gives Skarner a movement and attack speed buff in a moderate sized area on certain parts of the map. These can be removed by the enemy. That's it.

Seems...pretty bad, but zky's acting like it's amazing.

Am I missing something on the Skarner change?

It gives Skarner a movement and attack speed buff in a moderate sized area on certain parts of the map to only Skarner. These can be removed by the enemy. That's it.

Seems...pretty bad, but zky's acting like it's amazing.
These are not the only changes he's getting. Don't forget new fighter items as well.

Plus trying to contest Drag/Baron against a Skarner could be terrifying, specially with Rumble comps

Einbroch

Banned
These are not the only changes he's getting. Don't forget new fighter items as well.

Plus trying to contest Drag/Baron against a Skarner could be terrifying, specially with Rumble comps

I must've missed the part where they said this was only round one of changes (no sarcasm, I missed it if they said that).

Will Morde's ult now do a specific amount of damage if it's targeted at drake?

That's his ults passive. If he gets the dragon and successfully ults an enemy, the dragon is replaced by the ghost, and vice versa.

There's alot more changes to skarner, these just seem to be the major ones to show off what they have. One thing is that morde seems to have a speed buff-he gained one when the dragon hit something with it's fireball(?) and his animation seems a little bit faster.

So there's definitely more into it, this is what they've shown.

I must've missed the part where they said this was only round one of changes (no sarcasm, I missed it if they said that).
They already said Skarner is getting a new passive while keeping his stun IIRC

The crystal things are probably his passive so his old stun should be shifted around along with the rest of his kit. I think they are changing his E as well?

They already said Skarner is getting a new passive while keeping his stun IIRC

The crystal things are probably his passive so his old stun should be shifted around along with the rest of his kit. I think they are changing his E as well?

Yeah, they can tie some of Skarners passives into his skills as well. I mean...I wonder if they'll make his ultimate crazier. If Morde can get a 75 second ghost and dragon.....just think about how they can buff Skarners.

drawkcaB

I...don't know what to think about Skarner. I'm sure he's getting other changes, but that looks incredibly stupid. For one, the "take this point and get temporary vision" thing should be for Skarner's team, not when the enemy takes possession. That doesn't sound like a reason to pick Skarner, it sounds like a reason to not pick Skarner.

But even beyond that the video as disheartening. The crystal around the red buff barely even covers the red buff. So if the enemy pulls it to the right, I would lose my bonuses when contesting? But surely, no players will ever think of doing something so devious. I don't want to jump the gun here but how do I know that the Baron and Dragon crystals aren't on the ramps immediately below/above them, respectively so that if the enemy teams are positioned to the left or right of the buff location Skarner has the same problem as always?

I really like the idea of the zones in general, but fuck it, just make them permanent, "if you fight in these areas, Skarner will fucking murder your shit". Or better yet, make it so Skarner can plant the damn crystals and as the match goes on more and more of the map is covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom