• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated

aTcwr8c.jpg

People are shitting on Skarner right now but essentially what his crystals are, are free wards. You can see an enemy coming from a mile away, it'll take them time to deactivate it, and well...they're free wards. I'd rather have an enemy take a crystal than to lose gold from a ward I just placed down.

also Morde can push all day

get heals all day

adcs get to know what a real lane bully is

hue

drawkcaB

There's nothing in there about Skarner getting vision. When an enemy captures a crystal they get a "short burst of vision". Again, Skarner doesn't get that, he only gets movement and attack speed. At best, Skarner's team gets a notification that the crystal has been captured and you can infer information from that. Describing them as wards is very generous.

Negaduck

While I think the new passive is cool, garen's regen has helped me stay in lane and end up winning top so much especially pre 6.

Not writing it off as the new one looks great to just go ham all day which is pretty much how I play.

While I think the new passive is cool, garen's regen has helped me stay in lane and end up winning top so much especially pre 6.

Not writing it off as the new one looks great to just go ham all day which is pretty much how I play.
He still has his healing. The true damage thing is in his ult passive

There's nothing in there about Skarner getting vision. When an enemy captures a crystal they get a "short burst of vision". Again, Skarner doesn't get that, he only gets movement and attack speed.

Look at the video provided with skarners little paragraph, he literally gets vision over everything in the AoE. And since his team can activate it, that means that most likely his team gets the vision benefits as well.

Also-
VC9b2JT.png

And people say I'M uninformed.

Don't forget this should increase the speed of Skarner's first clear by a good amount. Maybe he gets some good old double buff ganks on a level 2 top laner.

Don't forget this should massively increase the speed of Skarner's first clear for good old double buff ganks on a level 2 top laner.

Yup. Depending how much attack speed he gets from the crystal, doing blue and red buff at level 1/2 will be ridiculously faster than any other jungler.

Also-
Skarner starts with his jungle crystals pre-activated. Crystals in the enemy jungler cannot be captured by the enemy until Skarner has captured them once.

CertainlyT thought of Mordes changes-
https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/status/628642402601840640

The time is Morde

Only CertainlyT would give a champion a pet Drake

Also Skarner basically gets free protection against jungle invades? Not bad at all, you can even just start Sweeper trinket for guaranteed early ganks

Only CertainlyT would give a champion a pet Drake

Also Skarner basically gets free protection against jungle invades? Not bad at all, you can even just start Sweeper trinket for guaranteed early ganks

CertianlyT isn't the hero we asked for
but he's the one we deserve...

Yeah.

Like....at first it did sound underwhelming, but when you add the fact that his crystals are active at the start, enemies can't capture their crystals until you do, they give attack speed meaning he's alot faster at clearing...it's a damned good buff for Skarner. Like Morde, he'll end up higher level faster.

Morde Sona sounds like a fucking terrifying lane

Symphony of Destruction

If he still has health costs, those are negated with a Sona/Soraka. He can push so damn hard and harass so damn hard that only a roaming mid or jungle will spell doom for him.

But there's also other combinations, like Janna which would negate enemy jungle presence with her disengage and mobility boost.

It's going to be fun.

holy fuck they seem to have considered his gankability
The fact that he's a melee champ with no CC is -exactly- why he was a good candidate for the bot lane. CertainlyT has been doing a ton of work to make sure that a lot of the things that push characters like Morde out of bot lane (split XP, no resilience to ranged harass, needs to push towers) are all addressed in their own way. Morde is definitely the craziest change of all of these but after playing with it for quite a bit in tests now I can say from experience that it works

CertainlyT probably buffed the duration then. It seems like the ghost duration now increases based on R Rank (45/60/75 seconds).

edit-ekko is getting hit hard in the new patch notes(his shield atleast)
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/patch-515-notes.html

zkylon

zkylewd
gimme the scoop on steam costy (or pm)

remember that one time we played payday 2

i always had ur back

remember that one time we shared lewd zeronis pictures

killatopak

Gold Member
the overall nerfs into skarner and garen make me worried about mordekaiser now

but it's certainlyt

I have hope

with a limit of like 30

not good

that was his old w passive I'm pretty sure too

Oh too excited to notice the limit. I'm still reading the changes. This is too much hype.

Also Arcade Riven?! Jdjxjdndhdjsnsjsns

Cool guy skins-
Academy Darius
Academy Vlad
Academy Ekko

Ok skins-
Bosscrank

go to hell skin-
Arcade Riven

complete shit go away skin-
academy ahri

from the looks of it darius gets buffs to all aspects of his kits, he gets a self heal as well

garen gets alotta nerfs.

skarner gets some nerfs, a little bit of buffs..

mordekaiser will prolly get buffs....across everywhere

lissandra gets a self heal on ult

kass buffs

zed buffs

Einbroch

Banned
Those Garen changes. Holy crap he's going to be sooo bad in lane. No more tenacity, Judgment makes you slower when duelin and blows with damage until level 7.

They made him maybe a little better late game damage wise, but no tenacity, slower while spinning, less CC, and likely less armor/MR is a real headscratcher. It's like they thought he was too strong in lane or something. He's going to be kited for days and will have even a harder time sticking to targets, which was already a weakness.

Yuck. Items better be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom