• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvester of Sorrow [W] - Passive: Even with allies present, Mordekaiser gains full experience toward leveling up from minions he kills. Active: Target an ally champion: Both gain 75 movement speed toward one another. When they touch, both deal 140/180/220/260/300 (+0.6*AP) magic damage over 4 seconds. Reactivate to both instantly steal 50 (+0.3*AP) health from nearby enemies (33% heal on minions, max 3 units; deals magic damage).
Cost: No Cost
Range: 1000
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 Seconds

WE LIFE STEAL NOW

but no more minion target

YO WHAT THE FUCK

Mordekaiser deals 35/65/95/125/155 (+0.6*AD) (+0.6*AP) magic damage in a cone. <font size = '8'

They literally halved the damage

drawkcaB

Skarner's crystal vision only lasts during the no-recapture period going by the PBE information. So this is hardly acting like wards throughout the map. Still though, 150 bonus movement speed, 35+5%/level attack speed and 3% max health restore when in the area...invade Skarner at your own risk.

The move of stun from passive to E is interesting - I think it'll be easier chain his stun and suppression. Base movement speed nerf is terrible. On the whole I don't see how these changes address the common complaints about Skarner (most of which I thing were bull shit in the first place).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And there was some kind of ddos attack at eu challenger series? Wtf

Wickd's team got DDOS and DOTA2 international get DDOS too. Script kiddies hate mobas.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Zkylon right now:
R8MEfUg.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
who cares about particles

i want yet another new dance

also lizzy buff is dumb, i dont like it. give her her q back so she can survive lane enough to actaully ult

zkylon

zkylewd
im still buying it tho

like literally i saw school girl ahri, got called into mr boss room, got my first pay and was told i was offic hired

which btw means i officially have a job now

yay me

Pancakes

im still buying it tho

like literally i saw school girl ahri, got called into mr boss room, got my first pay and was told i was offic hired

which btw means i officially have a job now

yay me

Congrats.

I might be getting a new (read:better$$$) job than what I have now and I can't wait.

also one of the new bruiser items give % attack damage based on base, as well as giving you a shield and even more % attack damage if you take X amount of damage

I need to crunch more numbers but with the info on surrender@20 it looks like Skarner's damage has been gutted.
Depending on how much AD you have it might be a meaningless difference or a net buff

Base 61 AD plus some runes should give you a 70ish starting AD
Old: 20 + .4 AD = 23,6 damage. Charged increases to 43,6 with no AP
New: 0.32 AD which should give you around 22,4. Charged increases to 44,8 since the charged damage now scales with your total AD

Get Cleaver or Trinity and you should overall do way more damage than before. Also don't forget he gets extra physical damage on his new stun plus it's a 1s stun at all levels

Riot got BTFO

Seriously though, I dunno what to think about Morde. It seems like a net nerf, that they're lowering his MS, removing functionality on his W, lowering the base damage of his E, literally gutting him for a solo lane.

Like the fuck.

Pancakes

DQing Wickds team was a stupid decision but people won't care but it's only challenger =/.

jerd

Depending on how much AD you have it might be a meaningless difference or a net buff

New: 0.32 AD which should give you around 22,4. Charged increases to 44,8 since the charged damage now scales with your total AD

Get Cleaver or Trinity and you should overall do way more damage than before. Also don't forget he gets extra physical damage on his new stun plus it's a 1s stun at all levels

Yeah that .5 second stun early was so annoying

Einbroch

Banned
For the same price, the difference is night and day.

I mean, Riven has seven unique animations (Q has 3, R has 2, and W/E have 1), so making cool skins for her is easier.

Blitz has one that's tied to his actual model, one that makes him move quicker (minimal), a knockup punch (again tied to his model mostly), and an ult. The ult is the only thing they can really mess with.

Doesn't excuse them for charging so much and producting such an ugly looking skin.

Tizoc

BAH GAWD DESE MORDE CHANGES
Passive:
Shield decay per second now 2% of base hp (up from 3% max shield)
Shield no longer decays below 25%
Max shield from per level to 25% of max HP

Shield generation is now 25% of damage dealt, from 35%
Q:
Now buffs Mordekaisers next 3 attacks.
Each does 3x the last (e.g., if the first hit deals 100 damage, the third deals 900).

W: Reworked
New passive: Mordekaiser receives full experience from any lane minion he kills
New active -- Harvesters of Sorrow: Mordekaiser and target ally champion gain 75 MS while moving toward one another.
When close to one another, both deal magic damage to nearby enemies over 4 seconds.
Ability can be reactivated to instantly deal ~40% of the total DoT and heal Mordekaiser and his ally for the damage dealt (heal takes 3 units maximum; 33% heal to minions)
Health cost removed.
E:
Base damage reduced from 70/115/160/205/250 >>> 35/65/95/125/155
Now also scales with 0.6 total AD
Cooldown from 6 >>>> 6/5.75/5.5/5.25/5
Now grants 15% of maximum shield on champion hits

R:
Added: Passive -- Dragon Force: Dealing damage to the Dragon curses it. If Mordekaiser&#8217;s team kills a cursed target, Mordekaiser gets a ghost of that target.
Planned: Ghost scaling cleaned up [This is not yet on PBE]"

AD MORDE, WE IN THERE!

drawkcaB

You're ignoring how the skill ranks up. At level 9, he'll have ~84 AD before runes and masteries which is (84)(0.4)=33.6. Right now base Q is 60 + 0.4 bonus AD. That's a significant loss. Itemizing AD doesn't help much here, whether it's 0.4 total AD or 0.4 bonus AD the math is the same when you're talking about items. What muddies things is how the base CD, on-hit CD reduction, and loss of attack speed will factor into the strength of his Q. The crystal zone bonuses muddy things up further. Off the cuff I'd say cumulatively it's a nerf, should be slower at clearing camps and his early game dueling power outside of his crystal zones is definitely worse off.

The extra physical damage on E was taken from his passive. Whether or not it's more damage is build dependent. Factor in Skarner's usual CDR heavy builds but also add the negative of the damage being physical now instead of magic and it's a wash.

Shield strength buff is nice, although definitely he has to dip into a few health items now to make it worthwhile, but going strict armor or MR in defensive items hasn't really been a Skarner thing going back to S3. Cinderhulk + pretty much any health item makes it worthwhile. Movement speed bonus is effectively nerfed because his reduced base movement speed.

I don't see any particular situation where Skarner sees a big increase in damage output. Early game damage nerfed, starting in the mid-game he'll still need Trinity Force to pump out big damage (he already procs it non-stop so making Q even more spammy doesn't help in that regard). Cleaver will be better not necessarily because it'll increase his damage more than it does now, but rather because it seems like he might have an easier time applying the stacking debuff to help out teammates. Doesn't seem like any increases will be due to his base damage. Both Sterak's and Titanic Hydra seem potential good.

Gotta say though...that mana cost reduction on Q is really, really nice. Like...top lane nice...

Sterak's and Titanic Hydra look great in general. Sterak's on Skarner might be very interesting.

Tizoc

Holy shit all these new changes are whack. Just gonna wait for official update in 2 weeks time to absorb it all in.
I guess those 4 characters will also get new splash arts too?

RIP Garen Crit of Demacia doe.

killatopak

Gold Member
Holy shit all these new changes are whack. Just gonna wait for official update in 2 weeks time to absorb it all in.
I guess those 4 characters will also get new splash arts too?

RIP Garen Crit of Demacia doe.

None of them desperately needs a new splash art so I don't think so.

Irelia is the one who needs a new one asap.

drawkcaB

good luck playing skarner vs gnar.

also wtf is this

Good luck playing melee champion with no gap closer vs. Gnar. Sorry, but that's not a particularly convincing argument to not play a champion you enjoy in solo queue. Statistically speaking, that Gnar player probably won't be very good. We aren't LCS players nor are we playing against them, we don't eek out every bit of a champion's strengths in every matchup. Hell, a quick glance shows that Gnar has losing win rates against champions that he should have a very good time against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom