• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just read this long exchange from High Monarch Breezy of the Whine Kingdom and Prince(ss) Zkylon, the Lusty.

And I would like to formally make my introduction to this community with a corrosive post and say

that

although both sides have some pretty weird arguments, Lissandra is stanky shit to play and play against and needs to be erased tomorrow if possible.

Thank you all for fueling my thirst for drama and rabid League discussion in my time of lurking.

That's Queen Breezy to you. Mind the Mercury~

that morde change sounds hot if only because riot is trying to shake things up

I want it to be successful. I want it to be successful so bad because hopefully that'll mean that Riot will try more out there things. If they can tweak his abilities a little bit more and give him a little more power on his E, he'll be perfect.

relevant
fSjvqao.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Uh, these Skarner changes are very very bad. I do not like them. Basic playability is thrown out the window for...I dunno. New ideas being shoved in places they do not belong. Skarner is baseline tanky initiator who builds stuns and grabs people. It's okay for him to be straightforward.

Also, a certain amount of skill emerges on current/old Skarner with timing the stun, deciding whether you need an E stack for it, and with making sure to time the follow up slow. Making the slow and stun on the same ability is bizarre to me. Now it is only a catch tool to be used from a distance. Old/current Skarner gets more nuance out of the ability in close range. More and more control is being stripped away from when the stun goes off. Improved scaling is great and all but I think he'll just be more frustrating to play. Not sure what to think of the crystal stuff.

Edit: Looking over more of the number it's far worse than I thought. I do not get how they can screw up this bad on something...

zkylon

zkylewd
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.c...ack/jVqEkMXg-516-experimental-azir-eq-changes

apparently riot's looking into improving azir usability vs ping which is great because pulling off a quick weq is pretty brutal even with 30 ping. like the instant max w range, if you get a tiny bit of distance extra it's pretty easy to do but the super quick version i find it's just an extremely tight window to do that's at least really hard for me and i'd really appreciate this

but i really hate nashors rush so i just think azir is not for me anymore

Ferga

I just had a level 7 Gnar get 3 man ganked top. Everyone was full hp.

He pulled off a massive ult stun into the wall. I came in with shyv ult and all 3 enemies immediately died.

It was fuckin beautiful

Snowballed so hard, we won a 4v5 with a 10minute dced support

drawkcaB

Uh, these Skarner changes are very very bad. I do not like them. Basic playability is thrown out the window for...I dunno. New ideas being shoved in places they do not belong. Skarner is baseline tanky initiator who builds stuns and grabs people. It's okay for him to be straightforward.

Also, a certain amount of skill emerges on current/old Skarner with timing the stun, deciding whether you need an E stack for it, and with making sure to time the follow up slow. Making the slow and stun on the same ability is bizarre to me. Now it is only a catch tool to be used from a distance. Old/current Skarner gets more nuance out of the ability in close range. More and more control is being stripped away from when the stun goes off. Improved scaling is great and all but I think he'll just be more frustrating to play. Not sure what to think of the crystal stuff.

Edit: Looking over more of the number it's far worse than I thought. I do not get how they can screw up this bad on something...

The numbers are deceptive because using E multiple times at every single camp is possible now from the first clear onwards. Doing that with Skarner on Live is a sure fire way to run out of mana without blue buff, but that's a moot point because Q deals more damage via base damage and the stacking AS. All-in-all it doesn't change much until roughly rank 4 where you can start to feel the effects of the lower base damage and removal of stacking AS. From mid-game onwards Skarner becomes reliant on picking up his key sheen items for damage, so little real change there. But I'm with you on the stacking passive and Q mechanics. Shit is fun and simple.

The biggest problem for me right now is the coverage area of the zones and really just the implementation of the whole thing.

Ok, so I'm now a neutral objective challenging raid boss, but the coverages are so bizarre. Fighting just north of blue buff? Lose your buff. Fighting just to the side left of the red buff camp? Lose your buff. Fighting just to the right of the Dragon pit? Lose your buff. Fighting just to the left of Baron pit? Lose your buff.

Then there's weird shit like having to be at a specific spot in order to take advantage of the zones coverage in order to actually have an effect. You must be just to the right of red buff, you must be just to the top-left of wolves, etc.

And because that's not enough, in the matches I spectated the opposing team had no issues recapturing the zone during a standoff. And *poof*, whatever Skarner is supposed to do as an objective control behemoth is gone. Ok, so maybe it's just supposed to help him take the objective and not necessarily fight around the objective and that's what the zones are supposed to help with...well isn't that Nunu? Isn't that his thing, tanky objective securing champion?

The idea is fine, the implementation is...worse and worse the more I thinking about it.

Tizoc

Fiora update goes live
Fiora get disabled due to ingame bug a few hours later
Rito you had 2 weeks to fix ish like this wtf....

"Attempting to Reconnect"

Yeah. Everyone in our Ranked game just got booted. Entire other team reconnected first. We were only 5 minutes in. Come back and they've pushed into base. Part of me wouldn't hesitate if I were them. Another is like....thanks dicks.

I guess Riot is doing maint. Might notice service interruptions. Only a little bit...3 Ranked losses in a row.

killatopak

Gold Member
Fiora update goes live
Fiora get disabled due to ingame bug a few hours later
Rito you had 2 weeks to fix ish like this wtf....

Still isn't 5.15 in my region but they did announce the patch notes so probably within 24 hours we'll get to play Fiora and hopefully with the bugs fixed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The numbers are deceptive because using E multiple times at every single camp is possible now from the first clear onwards. Doing that with Skarner on Live is a sure fire way to run out of mana without blue buff, but that's a moot point because Q deals more damage via base damage and the stacking AS. All-in-all it doesn't change much until roughly rank 4 where you can start to feel the effects of the lower base damage and removal of stacking AS. From mid-game onwards Skarner becomes reliant on picking up his key sheen items for damage, so little real change there. But I'm with you on the stacking passive and Q mechanics. Shit is fun and simple.
You shouldn't be able to use E multiple times on a single camp. That means the clear is too slow.

Tizoc

So about Garen's E
(Added) Garen now moves 20% slower while moving toward champions he’s hitting with Judgment
What do you think of this? Black Cleaver's passive should resolve the slow issue right?

They are truly awful changes. No, nerfing a champion who was hardly dominant at their main role and giving them a weird map-based mechanic as compensation does not even things out. They straight up nerfed the passive, Q, E and R, gave him a minor (if welcome) buff on W, and expect him to make it all up thanks to the stupidity of his opponents in fighting him on his zones (none of which are in lanes, which is where Skarner actually needs help). If they release him as is he will be 42-45% win rate at best.

MaxiLive

I've just seen the PBE patch. That Riven skin is fantastic, I wish I played her :D

I quite like the Blitz skin as well even though it doesn't look much like Blitz...

I'm such a sucker for the 80/90s arcade effects though.

Tizoc

So Tank Morde is back it seems
mordepassive.jpg

At 4K HP that's 1000 Extra for his max shield XoX

Tank Jungle Morde with Cinderhulk+Rylai+Liandry+Randy+More HP could mean a 6500 HP unkillable morde @o@

Ferga

Alright what's up with these AD Jungle TFs dominating my matches right now?

Sated's passive + TF's E is pretty strong if you can survive the whole shitty early game thing

I just played blitz and out golded my adc.

Everytime I went river to ward, my ashe just died to cait autos.

patchday

Sated's passive + TF's E is pretty strong if you can survive the whole shitty early game thing

I just played blitz and out golded my adc.

Everytime I went river to ward, my ashe just died to cait autos.

I'm always the only one warding jungle in my matches :(

So Tank Morde is back it seems
mordepassive.jpg

At 4K HP that's 1000 Extra for his max shield XoX

Tank Jungle Morde with Cinderhulk+Rylai+Liandry+Randy+More HP could mean a 6500 HP unkillable morde @o@
Good luck actually clearing now that your E does half as much damage early on and your W only does damage with an ally nearby

Or ganking for that matter as a slow immobile no CC jungler

Tizoc

Good luck actually clearing now that your E does half as much damage early on and your W only does damage with an ally nearby

Or ganking for that matter as a slow immobile no CC jungler

Bleh.

I wonder if we'll start seeing Morde in future tournies now.

drawkcaB

You shouldn't be able to use E multiple times on a single camp. That means the clear is too slow.

Didn't write it out but I was mostly thinking about red and blue camps and the 2nd+ time you take scuttle crab. Clearing to level 6 doesn't take much more time than on Live. It's only after that point that his clearing really starts to slow down and I noticed it on even the smaller camps. The benefit of always being able to E liberally at every camp starts to fall off vs. the loss of damage on Q. Any rate...if this rework does through I'm likely dumping Skarner, a champion for whom I have every skin. Fells like ass to play. His win rate could skyrocket after this, I don't care, he feels like shit.

Sorry, I misspoke there. Since this rework is definitely going through - because unless you're Lee Sin Riot will do whatever they want to do - I'll be dumping Skarner.

The most interesting change for morde is his q. It affects 3 attacks, and triples the damage each time. Meaning that uf he does 100 damage on the first hit, on the 3rs it soes 900 damage. I wonder if it takes Sheen into consideration?

Tizoc

The most interesting change for morde is his q. It affects 3 attacks, and triples the damage each time. Meaning that uf he does 100 damage on the first hit, on the 3rs it soes 900 damage. I wonder if it takes Sheen into consideration?

Only the first hit will have sheen apply it, so later hits will cause damage based on sheen's damage.
Now consider that you build CRIT on him :p

Only the first hit will have sheen apply it, so later hits will cause damage based on sheen's damage.
Now consider that you build CRIT on him :p

That's what I'm talking about, if the first hit is everything.

Sheen...crit...I wonder if other on hits will also determine the 2nd and 3rd hit?

His Q can easily be the first skill you level up on him first now, and it would actually mean his solo potential at top lane would be amazing. If it does physical damage, then put some life steal and he'll heal for an insane amount.

He can easily be extremely disgusting with his Q.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well I just read this long exchange from High Monarch Breezy of the Whine Kingdom and Prince(ss) Zkylon, the Lusty.

And I would like to formally make my introduction to this community with a corrosive post and say

that

although both sides have some pretty weird arguments, Lissandra is stanky shit to play and play against and needs to be erased tomorrow if possible.

Thank you all for fueling my thirst for drama and rabid League discussion in my time of lurking.

Who allowed you to post here

league of legends juggernauts is the most disappointing news i've heard since i found out i had prostate cancer. riot games, after smoking 20 pounds of crack out of the asshole of a dead hooker, saw 4 champs that weren't seeing any sort of popularity outside of a few niche players and thought that it would be a good idea to make all of them absolute shit. it's clear nobody who lives in the balancing department's dungeon prison has any clue as to what they're doing.

let's look at the obvious number one. garen. so riot decided to give garen an ultimate that deals true damage to a "villain" on the other team. alright, cool. then they decided to nerf his silence, his base stats, his w armor/tenacity and his e. huh? hey guys, when we said that we would make him better, it means that we have to increase power, not rip his fuckin balls off. you now have a 20% move speed slow when you move towards champions with e, what a fuckin joke. as if that's not insulting enough, they made his only ability that can somewhat close gaps do less damage and silence for less time, even if you max it out. now garen isnt a guy that gets into your backline easily, but in what fucking world does that equate to making the guy trip over his own feet when he's walking towards an enemy. i thought this guy was the might of demacia, why does he have this strange social phobia that prevents him from violently dismembering someone with a gigantic sword

number two: the scorpion king. skarner's already kind of a piece of shit early so naturally you want to make sure that his only real power before level 6 is so trash any support can walk to his buff and murder him. i was under the impression that in making this guy a juggernaut, you'd make him harder to kill early but instead they decide to get rid of 15 movement speed. not only does it make it easier for someone to chase him down, but it conversely makes it harder for him to catch up. so what now riot asks. hey why dont we make his passive stack on his e only? and make his q absolute shit. what kind of shit is that?

number three: nobody cares about darius.

number four: mordekaiser. whose brilliant idea was it to give this guy a passive that's completely useless in a solo lane? were they really that adamant about making this guy completely fucking useless by himself? on top of that they gave him a huge movespeed nerf, a huge base hp nerf and made him into a dependent. is there any reason why you want to shove this guy, who has the worst garbage laning versus ranged AD champs in the game, against people like this or this? oh whoopee you can hit level 2 slightly faster than the other three schmucks bot with you. what can you do level 2 that makes it all worth it? oh yeah, nothing. but hey now you get a pet dragon for 70 seconds. i guess that makes it all worthwhile right.

jerd

I'm about to solo bot in a game with a double jungle

feels good man

My 3 division plummet in the past couple of weeks has been beautiful in some ways. Almost poetic

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Not sure if copy pasta or actual ghost post.

Tizoc

So I tried AP Sona in a recent ranked match against some tough enemies.

Nah Usual Supp item Sona is better, I mean the damage from an empowered Q is nice when it deals 1/3 of enemy's health but I die real quick :/

So yesterday was my first day as a writer at Riot Games.

It's been an incredibly exciting process joining the company. Won't go into too much details on what I'm doing, but it's a project I'm incredibly excited about and one that fits me as a writer and League player. I'm sure you guys will see it when it hits.

I'm bad at being sentimental but I wanted to thank you guys for making me feel welcome (most of the time) in this community. It's been awesome interacting with you folks and helping to write the last few threads.

You guys are going to need to find someone to help Dobe with the next thread!

For obvious reasons I probably won't be posting in this thread much if at all, but I'll be reading.

You can always hit me up on Twitter or in-game (Rango Knife Cat) on EU West if you want to play.

\o/

It's been an incredibly exciting process joining the company. Won't go into too much details on what I'm doing, but it's a project I'm incredibly excited about and one that fits me as a writer and League player. I'm sure you guys will see it when it hits.

I'm bad at being sentimental but I wanted to thank you guys for making me feel welcome (most of the time) in this community. It's been awesome interacting with you folks and helping to write the last few threads.

For obvious reasons I probably won't be posting in this thread much if at all, but I'll be reading.

You can always hit me up on Twitter or in-game (Rango Knife Cat) on EU West if you want to play.

\o/
i fucking knew it.

riot costy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

\o/

RITO COSTY ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!

CONGRATS!

(new sona skins pls)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Leezard

\o/

Congrats, and good luck with the project! I think you'll do well. :)

See you more in-game, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom