• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't see why you can't still post here

i mean one of the head guys on the SR redesign posted pics of it here before it really went out there i think

i mean one of the head guys on the SR redesign posted pics of it here before it really went out there i think

He'll probably be posting more at reddit. IIRC some of the Riot media training involves posting etiquette and what social media they use to primarily post stuff to players. Reddit just happens to be a better avenue for customer relations~

zkylon

zkylewd
So yesterday was my first day as a writer at Riot Games.

It's been an incredibly exciting process joining the company. Won't go into too much details on what I'm doing, but it's a project I'm incredibly excited about and one that fits me as a writer and League player. I'm sure you guys will see it when it hits.

I'm bad at being sentimental but I wanted to thank you guys for making me feel welcome (most of the time) in this community. It's been awesome interacting with you folks and helping to write the last few threads.

You guys are going to need to find someone to help Dobe with the next thread!

For obvious reasons I probably won't be posting in this thread much if at all, but I'll be reading.

You can always hit me up on Twitter or in-game (Rango Knife Cat) on EU West if you want to play.

\o/
super happy for u costy, we'll miss you!

can u like shed some more details on ur job? like are you a lore writer or a community thing or something scarizard-y? are u going with rito costy? did u meet sjokz yet lol

i think it's just probably awkward for him since he's stuck between being a rito spokesperson and being just a regular guy playing the game

can't quite be either in here, so it's better to just remove himself to places where he's just one or the other

i think

also if i was working on a game and had to answer to someone like breezy as my audience i'd kill myself

IIRC Nome posted here after it was revealed in order to gather feedback, same with Rayven. I'd probably do similar.

The idea about not posting in here often is hard to explain but it's basically not wanting to accidentally say something that hasn't been revealed yet or make a comment on something that's not appropriate since I work here.

also what zkylon said.

He'll probably be posting more at reddit. IIRC some of the Riot media training involves posting etiquette and what social media they use to primarily post stuff to players. Reddit just happens to be a better avenue for customer relations~

nope

super happy for u costy, we'll miss you!

can u like shed some more details on ur job? like are you a lore writer or a community thing or something scarizard-y? are u going with rito costy? did u meet sjokz yet lol

i think it's just probably awkward for him since he's stuck between being a rito spokesperson and being just a regular guy playing the game

can't quite be either in here, so it's better to just remove himself to places where he's just one or the other

i think

also if i was working on a game and had to answer to someone like breezy as my audience i'd kill myself

I can't really shed any details on it, but it's something really cool. I will say though I'm not a lore writer or anything like that.

As for name, still undecided. I have to do some stuff before that happens.

IIRC Nome posted here after it was revealed in order to gather feedback, same with Rayven. I'd probably do similar.

The idea about not posting in here often is hard to explain but it's basically not wanting to accidentally say something that hasn't been revealed yet or make a comment on something that's not appropriate since I work here.
SPILL YOUR SECRETS

WHERE IS THE SCYTHE GIRL CHAMP

sleepykyo

So yesterday was my first day as a writer at Riot Games.

It's been an incredibly exciting process joining the company. Won't go into too much details on what I'm doing, but it's a project I'm incredibly excited about and one that fits me as a writer and League player. I'm sure you guys will see it when it hits.

I'm bad at being sentimental but I wanted to thank you guys for making me feel welcome (most of the time) in this community. It's been awesome interacting with you folks and helping to write the last few threads.

You guys are going to need to find someone to help Dobe with the next thread!

For obvious reasons I probably won't be posting in this thread much if at all, but I'll be reading.

You can always hit me up on Twitter or in-game (Rango Knife Cat) on EU West if you want to play.

\o/

Congrats.

TomShoe

Banned
Congratulations. PM me your email so I can send you my new game mode idea.

It's like ARAM, but it's in the style of a dating sim with NTR elements. You'll love it.

SICKLES ARE NOT SCYTHES
I WANT THIS
Priscilla.png
NOT THIS

We’ve been working on some improvements to competitive system that we want to roll out for the 2016 season. Front and center to these changes, however, is getting all of ranked play onto the teambuilder mode. You’ll be able to pick 2 positions - including ‘fill’ - to ensure you’re playing in the position you can contribute the most in. ‘Feed’ will probably not be an option, (sorry!).
Lol

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sandbox Mode

We’ve heard a number of player requests for a Sandbox Mode, with two main reasons: the first is trying out new content – which is something we value too. We want players to know what they’re getting and to be happy with the things they’re unlocking (we may investigate other ways to do this). The second is that players want to practice very specific skills without the constraints of a regular game. For this point, our stance is that sandbox mode is not the way to go. We want to make sure we’re clear: playing games of League of Legends should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve. While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry. On an individual level, we know this isn’t always true – some just want a space to practice flashing over walls without having to wait at least 3.6 minutes in between – but when that benefit is weighed against the risk of Sandbox mode ‘grinding’ becoming an expectation, we just can’t accept the tradeoff. We never want to see a day when a player wants to improve at League and their first obligation is to hop into a Sandbox. We do want to support your ability to grow in mastery, and there may be other avenues to do so, but not this.

welp

While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry. On an individual level, we know this isn’t always true – some just want a space to practice flashing over walls without having to wait at least 3.6 minutes in between – but when that benefit is weighed against the risk of Sandbox mode ‘grinding’ becoming an expectation

This is a whole load of fuckery and bullshit right here. 'IF WE PUT IN A SANDBOX MODE IT'LL ONLY BE ANOTEHR BARRIER OF ENTRY! EVERYONE WILL BE FORCED TO GO INTO SANDBOX MODE IN ORDER TO LEETIFY THEIR SKILLS!'

No that's not how an optional mode works. Just like how ARAM isn't required for practicing teamwork with a champion you don't know, and just like how Dominion isn't required to learn how to take objectives.

It's such a bullshit answer they're giving instead of just saying 'No we don't want to do this'.

I mean, just look at this-
We never want to see a day when a player wants to improve at League and their first obligation is to hop into a Sandbox. We do want to support your ability to grow in mastery, and there may be other avenues to do so, but not this.

I'm going to bring up Heroes of the storm-They have a 'try' mode which lets you try out a hero, and in it, it lets you level up the character at the press of a button, it lets you reset cooldowns, and lets you toggle a lane of minions/enemy champion. And this isn't required for players to learn a character nor to practice the game. It's good for trying out a champion, but in no way is it a barrier of entry.

Just a fucking disgusting and bullshit reply from Riot. Fuck off.

zkylon

zkylewd

sort of makes sense but like the issue is that ppl already do this by playing customs and wasting 10x more time to try out combos and stuff. like, i agree with the idea, but you can't pretend ppl are not "grinding" already and not produce a better solution :I

like i've spent so much time doing azir combos on custom games that it's kind of sad lol

sort of makes sense but like the issue is that ppl already do this by playing customs and wasting 10x more time to try out combos and stuff. like, i agree with the idea, but you can't pretend ppl are not "grinding" already and not produce a better solution :I

like i've spent so much time doing azir combos on custom games that it's kind of sad lol

Yup. There's already the tools to spend hours 'learning' a champion or flashing or whatever, except those tools are lackluster and all they do is waste time.

If someone is going to want to spend time training something, they'll do it in a custom mode. So the question becomes, why not give a player the tools in order to do it more efficiently?

It's a fucked answer they've given..

i can't even imagine having to learn shit like waveshining during a tournament setting or god forbid i have to practice shffling in the middle of getting my ass kicked

who the fuck thought that reply was smart

what the fuck im so fucking mad

i can't even imagine having to learn shit like waveshining during a tournament setting or god forbid i have to practice shffling in the middle of getting my ass kicked

who the fuck thought that reply was smart

what the fuck im so fucking mad

I'm right there with you

It's like, just man up and say 'No we're not going to do this'. Don't give us a bullshit excuse filled with stupidity. In situations like this Riot can just fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom