• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Just to follow up, there's replay on youtube featuring Sickmotion who's been playing him top more recently. Lots of nice insight and it's very recent upload. Just search for "Tekk" to find Tekk's youtube channel, the replay is in there.
I must be looking at the wrong accounts, since neither Liquid Quas nor SickMotion showed any Tahm Kench stats to check on lolking.

Nekofrog

Banned
i've seen more thomas kench's murder melee top laners than i think is fair. maybe it's them not knowing what the champion does and playing reckless, i dunno. i've never gone against it myself.

Nami_Koi.png
Fuck

zkylon

zkylewd
havent had much of a chance to play new trist so cant really comment on her, but old one was boring af for me, just pew pew pew and a bunch of targeted spells, not fun in the slightest for me

i like sivir, varus and ezreal cos spells are like a constant thing you're doing, and i like kalista and maybe jinx cos they're just fun to play for me and have cool designs i guess

I wish hex core gave scaling CDR instead of raw mana. Though I guess the newest change helps bring him in line as well.

nah, mana is better cos it means u could do cdr-less builds. i mean, u still get 15% from runes but you dont buy morellos and just stack stupid amounts of damage

now you're probably gonna have to rush upgrade1+morellos if u don't want to stay oom which is fair i guess

Trist uses her spells more often than Sivir. Your E should have a lot of uptime if you string her stuff properly, then you W in and ult to execute people.
How is kha'zix right now, I am thinking about picking him up.

Side note what makes Lucien so bad right now.
Kha is pretty great

Lucian deals low damage overall and is short ranged

drawkcaB

I must be looking at the wrong accounts, since neither Liquid Quas nor SickMotion showed any Tahm Kench stats to check on lolking.

Considering that each plays a 10+ matches per day, how far back does match history even go?

i've seen more thomas kench's murder melee top laners than i think is fair. maybe it's them not knowing what the champion does and playing reckless, i dunno. i've never gone against it myself.

"lol Tahm Kench top, I hear he sucks, just gonna fight him from the start win lane and..."

bzzzzt...wrong mother fucker.

drawkcaB

Trist is my favorite ADC right now as well. The kit, champion visual, etc. all come together very, very well.

Skarner buffs planned on PBE. Gonna have to check them out tonight if they're on there.

zkylon

zkylewd
Trist uses her spells more often than Sivir. Your E should have a lot of uptime if you string her stuff properly, then you W in and ult to execute people.

doesnt matter, they're boring spells

sivir has really fun spells: a boomerang skillshot, aa reset and spellshield, that's fun

maybe she casts more spells than sivir, but she's still boring to me cos her spells are boring

i like skillshots

doesnt matter, they're boring spells

sivir has really fun spells: a boomerang skillshot, aa reset and spellshield, that's fun

maybe she casts more spells than sivir, but she's still boring to me cos her spells are boring

i like skillshots

tristanas spells have more agency then sivirs 'click to immediately activate' spells

they're literally more boring.

no she has problems in straight 1v1s. she has good damage output but her damage takes much longer to output unlike someone like vayne (best adc duelist in the game) or the bursty adcs like graves/lucian who blow her up in like 1/2 a second. only people she can duel are the mediocre duelist adcs like cait/kalista/kog.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like Tristana, especially the old AP Tristana, would be fun if you like the LeBlanc sort of gameplay of dropping burst damage on people.

Considering that each plays a 10+ matches per day, how far back does match history even go?
I don't mean match history, I mean champion stats, which go back through every season. For example, I have a 27.3% win rate with Tahm Kench.

Neither lolking nor op.gg shows any Tahm Kench stats on the SickMotion account so I'm assuming they were using an alt.

The YouTube video shows the account name as "The SickMotion", which has a 6-13 Tahm Kench record (31.6%), not very good either. :p If anyone has 50+ games with over 50% win rate I'd be impressed enough, especially if it's platinum or higher.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like Tristana, especially the old AP Tristana, would be fun if you like the LeBlanc sort of gameplay of dropping burst damage on people.
not really, ap trist was like a braindead thing of just mashing all the buttons that was like super straightforward and boring

there's some of that to leblanc but there's also a ton more you can do with juking and kiting and chasing and fun stuff with her passive which is why she's one of the most fun champions to play in the game

plus leblanc has at least the one skillshot

i cant play champions without skillshots

Blizzard

Banned
not really, ap trist was like a braindead thing of just mashing all the buttons that was like super straightforward and boring

there's some of that to leblanc but there's also a ton more you can do with juking and kiting and chasing and fun stuff with her passive which is why she's one of the most fun champions to play in the game

plus leblanc has at least the one skillshot

i cant play champions without skillshots
That seems kind of offensive/rude to say about Tristana players. :/

Tristana can use her jump and ult to escape some things or pull off tricks as well. And if timed or calculated it poorly, you could save someone with the ult instead of killing them. I feel that there is room in the world for both LeBlanc players and Tristana players, and neither of them are as completely simple as some would suggest.

drawkcaB

The YouTube video shows the account name as "The SickMotion", which has a 6-13 Tahm Kench record (31.6%), not very good either. :p If anyone has 50+ games with over 50% win rate I'd be impressed enough, especially if it's platinum or higher.

The guy isn't a god and is still learning the champ. You don't have any champions with shit win rates but then it just clicks? I keep track of my own wins/losses on champs and my win rate on Braum is ~35% but I've won something like 7 of the last 10.

Also, if you look at champion.gg and leagueofgraphs.com (which track plat+ and gold+, respectively) you can see charts for Tahm's win rates against games played - top and bottom - players with 50+ games played actually do have a 50%+ win rate on him and it keeps climbing (as of last night when I looked). So those 50+games/50%+ WR Tahm's you're looking for are out there.

I don't even know where you're trying to drive this conversation anymore.

Blizzard

Banned
The guy isn't a god and is still learning the champ. You don't have any champions with shit win rates but then it just clicks? I keep track of my own wins/losses on champs and my win rate on Braum is ~35% but I've won something like 7 of the last 10.

Also, if you look at champion.gg and leagueofgraphs.com (which track plat+ and gold+, respectively) you can see charts for Tahm's win rates against games played - top and bottom - players with 50+ games played actually do have a 50%+ win rate on him and it keeps climbing (as of last night when I looked). So those 50+games/50%+ WR Tahm's you're looking for are out there.

I don't even know where you're trying to drive this conversation anymore.
I was just trying to find players with good records on him. You seemed to be suggesting (please forgive me if I am mistaken) that he is in a decent state, but the vast majority of players are making the same mistakes, and only a few players have figured out the proper answer. I had up to this point not been aware of anyone with a lot of games played on him and a good win rate, and your SickMotion example also had the bad win rate which continued that trend.

Thanks for the champion.gg link -- that does indeed suggest that people with 15-50 games on him get over 50% wins in platinum, so it would just be a matter of actually finding such a Tahm Kench main to look at their history and analyze things in it (I haven't looked yet but there might be some of these players writing guides). Side note, the 125+ game win rate is horrible, presumably because if the player was decent they would have gotten out of platinum by that point.

*edit* I just went through the entire first page of gold+ players who wrote lolking Tahm Kench guides, and none of them seem to have more than 20 Tham Kench ranked games max (most much less) unless lolking is just vastly out of date on them.

I do agree with a random note I saw from the champion.gg page: If you're on Tahm Kench's team and he devours you, please don't spam right click. It kills his own movespeed buff, wastes multiple seconds of invulnerability, and may quite possibly get you killed.

zkylon

zkylewd
That seems kind of offensive/rude to say about Tristana players. :/

Tristana can use her jump and ult to escape some things or pull off tricks as well. And if timed or calculated it poorly, you could save someone with the ult instead of killing them. I feel that there is room in the world for both LeBlanc players and Tristana players, and neither of them are as completely simple as some would suggest.
well im just saying things from my perspective, caitlyn is super boring to me but really engaging for others, so it's just the way i like champions

i like champions that more multifaceted and that offer utility and have tricks and stuff.

i feel like ap tristana specially was a really egregious example of a champion that was 99% about blowing ur combo on someone with very little counterplay or fun or whatever and then being absolutely useless

i may be wrong as i never really played her, but thats my experience from playing against or with an ap trist on my team, just awful and frustrating and boring

i really really dislike ap trist, im glad she's gone

LeBlanc's chain is as much of a skillshot as Rocket Jump

Also something something DFG Lissandra
well then lebonk has 2 skillshots since her w is another one. or maybe 4 cos ult :>

also i liked dfg lizzy but i always said it was pretty toxic gameplay hehe

but even on dfg lizzy there was more depth to her gameplay once she blew ppl up because her spells had so much utility on them

Trist has a lot of tricks too, between using her E to soften people up for solo tower dives, ulting people with bombs on them to hit someone else with the blast once they land

Hell you can even insec someone if you want to

Oh my sweet, SWEET ping

TomShoe

Banned
Thank you sweet baby Jesus this server move

Fuck anyone living in California, they can fuck right off. My glorious 60 ping must come to fruition.

zkylon

zkylewd
lissandra gameplay

live button inputs

er1wqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

she's an assassin, you can say the same about zed if u want, combos are never fancy.

but lizzy's spells are interesting while ap trist's are not (at least for the most part)

q -> extension range makes trading through minions interesting for her and her opponent
w -> low range, not much about this one
e -> multiple uses, engage, escape, extra burst, kiting. you can stun her out of reactivating it and like leblanc she can use the visible indicator for juking and faking out ppl
r -> ult someone else or ult urself, can be used for assassination, cc, surviving, timing it well lets you dodge ults, etc.

also except for her ult they're all skillshots and they all require good positioning cos she's slow af and is low range

Trist has a lot of tricks too, between using her E to soften people up for solo tower dives, ulting people with bombs on them to hit someone else with the blast once they land

old ap trist was like e every time it's on cd because targeted dot is super fun and then just faceroll with targeted spells for the oneshot. insec'ing ppl sounds nice in theory but i don't think i've ever seen one do that except out of hubris lol. like, she's not azir or lissandra or karthus that can zhonyas or just flash out or whatever and make super aggressive moves, ap trist just dfg one shot you. i don't think ap trist even leveled q once lol

i duno about ad trist, but we shouldn't be comparing new ad trist to dfg lissandra

she's an assassin, you can say the same about zed if u want, combos are never fancy.

but lizzy's spells are interesting while trist's are not (at least for the most part)

q -> extension range makes trading through minions interesting for her and her opponent
w -> low range, not much about this one AoE CC on demand, no skill required
e -> multiple uses, engage, escape, extra burst, kiting. you can stun her out of reactivating it and like leblanc she can use the visible indicator for juking and faking out ppl
r -> ult someone else or ult urself, can be used for assassination, cc, surviving, timing it well lets you dodge ults, etc. Most toxic skill in the whole game

drawkcaB

I wish PBE updates came out sooner in the day like they used to, in mid-afternoon. Work is a real bore these days.

Simple yet fun tricks, yep. Had an enjoyable knockback into an allied tower last game I played Trist. Had the bomb planted on the target, put down three shots to pump it up, W over her and knocked her back into my tower and just walked away - one tower shot and then the bomb went off.

Get fucked Vayne.

I was just trying to find players with good records on him. You seemed to be suggesting (please forgive me if I am mistaken) that he is in a decent state, but the vast majority of players are making the same mistakes, and only a few players have figured out the proper answer. I had up to this point not been aware of anyone with a lot of games played on him and a good win rate, and your SickMotion example also had the bad win rate which continued that trend.

Thanks for the champion.gg link -- that does indeed suggest that people with 15-50 games on him get over 50% wins in platinum, so it would just be a matter of actually finding such a Tahm Kench main to look at their history and analyze things in it (I haven't looked yet but there might be some of these players writing guides). Side note, the 125+ game win rate is horrible, presumably because if the player was decent they would have gotten out of platinum by that point.

*edit* I just went through the entire first page of gold+ players who wrote lolking Tahm Kench guides, and none of them seem to have more than 20 Tham Kench ranked games max (most much less) unless lolking is just vastly out of date on them.

I do agree with a random note I saw from the champion.gg page: If you're on Tahm Kench's team and he devours you, please don't spam right click. It kills his own movespeed buff, wastes multiple seconds of invulnerability, and may quite possibly get you killed.

I think it's more accurate to say that I think Tahm has a super solid kit, capable and balance healthy, and that even if he's not decent he will definitely get there as the numbers get adjusted. I just keep seeing stuff about how he's bad and this, bad at that, doesn't do enough damage, not enough CC for a tank, etc. Lots of it isn't true or isn't really fair because it's not something he's designed to do (e.g. initiate a fight by himself). Shoehorning a champion to do something they aren't meant to do yields poor results. Surprise!

And I really think that shield buff he's getting is the "get there" point as far as his numbers go. I think he's a champion whose first real spike comes at 6. It just so happens that unlike other champions who need level 6 to spike (Kass, TF, Malphite) his is much more subtle since it's a low-range TP and an understated but actually potent damage passive. Easier time getting to 6 -> better performance.

Regarding how his win rate drops at 125+, that's actually misleading. I'm pretty sure it's actually caused mainly by low play rates and not enough 125+ players to go around. As an extreme example, imagine only one player with 125+ Tahm games and he went 4-6 last week. So 40% win rate for Tahm, right? No, not really; the player just had a bad week and that gets reflected in the plot. Right now there's lots of Tahm games with low game totals to go around. That's why the plot is smooth but then goes nuts at ~100. When you look at Nami's win rate vs. games played its like a roller coaster (I think, I haven't checked because champion.gg is finicky on my iPhone) or other low play rate champions. That just means the player count is too low to get nice smooth plots. Contrast that to popular champions like Thresh or Rengar whose plots are nice and smooth. But whether the plots are smooth or all over the place, the trends are generally upwards for win rates. Intuitively that's how all the plots should be. If you happen to see something that runs contrary to that, question the data.

Change probably won't affect me that much.

I think we're pretty safe, yeah. Even if shit hit the fan we're not going back to the days of 100+ ping.

Newt

Told the Rengar I wasn't gonna let him win unless he went full tank. He built a tiamat, so I wasn't letting that shitter win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom