• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
how about instead of having like full blown sandbox mode queue you get to play like urf against bots while the game loads

like fifa

lol

zkylon

zkylewd
zeronis amazing concept for arcade riven

CLqbrtHWEAAWsF_.jpg

TomShoe

Banned
Eastern Virginia, fuck yes.

zeronis amazing concept for arcade riven

Better remove that key-chain on the end of Riven's sword. Disney would sue for copyright. They're that protective of their IP. Looks cool tho, even if I hate Riven with a passion.

cHinzo

Man, Arcade Riven looks gooood. I still don't like Blitzcrank's W nerf. Makes him way less enjoyable to play. Kinda sad, because I got all the Blitzcrank skins and this season is the season I've played him the fewest amount of times (love hooking champs in League). Prolly gonna skip on the Arcade Blitz even though he looks pretty cool. T_T

I'm still enjoying the free wins with Soraka in ranked. She is so good! Win every trade, because all the damage done will get healed back up. :D

As a weeaboo it is not my job to question the superior nippon culture

Fuck if I know, Japan is also into crooked teeth - look up yaeba which can kinda sorta look cute as long as the women don't go the full London look - and other things that are considered "ugly cute"

It's not as bad as some older customs where women had their feet mutilated by forcing them to wear doll-sized shoes through their entire life in order to have small doll-like feet - and also not be able to walk for the rest of their lives - at least, though that was mostly in China IIRC

Now that shit is B A N A N A S

zkylon

zkylewd
played a game of bmb, got rekt by a lvl 29 yi that apparently goes like 19 1 1 or 1 19 1 every game

everyone is diamond except me and teams are apparently not playing with adcs anymore?

wtf is this modee

clemenx

Banned
At this point people are just grinding mindlessly because what's needed the 3rd rewards is pretty fucking high. I just gave up on that icon.

It's a shame, I loved the upgraded minions thingy and most items were cool.

Blizzard

Banned
Regarding how his win rate drops at 125+, that's actually misleading. I'm pretty sure it's actually caused mainly by low play rates and not enough 125+ players to go around. As an extreme example, imagine only one player with 125+ Tahm games and he went 4-6 last week. So 40% win rate for Tahm, right? No, not really; the player just had a bad week and that gets reflected in the plot.
This is a more general question than Tahm, but: The champion.gg chart is only for the current week? I thought that winrate by games played chart was the OVERALL win rate. That's what I'm kind of wondering about, whether anyone has mained Tahm long enough to hit some arbitrary large number of games (like 50) and still been around 50% wins overall. I'm assuming the chart only looks at ranked game stats also.

drawkcaB said:
I think we're pretty safe, yeah. Even if shit hit the fan we're not going back to the days of 100+ ping.
My ping has actually gotten worse the last month or two. I think it's normally 103-108 these days for me on the east coast.

Newt

Is it sadistic to leave a game because you didn't like what someone picked in champ select, and then spectate that game on another account and watch their feeble attempts to win 4v5?

Theoretically of course.

patchday

So was playing support Karma earlier with the the adc rat dude (Twitch) in the bottom lane and he reveals too me that Support not supposed to kill any creeps?! I'm supposed to let Adc take all the creeps and just watch him have fun. Even though I outscored, outperformed, and died less I let him have the creeps

Newt

So was playing support Karma earlier with the the adc rat dude (Twitch) in the bottom lane and he reveals too me that Support not supposed to kill any creeps?! I'm supposed to let Adc take all the creeps and just watch him have fun. Even though I outscored, outperformed, and died less I let him have the creeps
Farming creeps isn't fun. As support you actually get to do stuff in lane.

You're not suppose to take creeps as support unless you are targoning it. ADC are the strongest DPS (Damage per second) in the late game. However for that trade off they suck donkey balls early game. You are there to hold their hand until they get big fat and strong and of course forget about you and don't thank you at all.

killatopak

Gold Member

Yeah, you have to give him the cs unless you have a relic shield to heal him.

zkylon

zkylewd
wacky lanes everywhere, gp in every game, ppl going into the 15+ deaths, ppl stalling out games to get more kraken and not a single person buys the new items

i think attaching rewards to these things, specially achievement-like rewards is a big mistake

it just brings up the worst of the worst, i'm pretty sure it won't, but i hope this is the last time they do this kind of thing, it's unbearable

won 2/3 games tho, so only 2 more to go for the icon, but yeah, last game i was against a challenger ezreal, so what's with this freaky matchmaking

Is it sadistic to leave a game because you didn't like what someone picked in champ select, and then spectate that game on another account and watch their feeble attempts to win 4v5?

Theoretically of course.

rito costy's gonna ban u one of these days

zkylon

zkylewd
new pbe patch http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/86-pbe-update.html

lots of small armor buffs to many tanks

elise q is now a dot and apparently has 1s cd? that might be a bug tho

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand

nami buffsssssssss

Nami
Surging Tides (Passive) movement speed bonus for allies when hit by a spell increased to 60 from 40
Tidal Wave (R) [new effect] "allies hit by the wave gain double the effect of Surging Tides"

WW0jmvyPGu2rlPYZ

this sounds really nice actually

patchday

You're not suppose to take creeps as support unless you are targoning it. ADC are the strongest DPS (Damage per second) in the late game. However for that trade off they suck donkey balls early game. You are there to hold their hand until they get big fat and strong and of course forget about you and don't thank you at all.

Yeah, you have to give him the cs unless you have a relic shield to heal him.

Thanks yall for the advice I trust you know what you're talking bout.

But what's funny is I got more kills & assists. I never thought Twitch was an adc? maybe that dude just wasn't that good with the character. Here's the match history. I'm used to seeing really good adc (in my elo/mmr) tearing it up doing like 25+ Kills / low death / 15+ assists. If I'm outkilling the adc while building support package I'm gonna hold'em to a high standard. But guess I'm being too hard.

And oh yeah, Jayce. So versatile and fun. Love him. Had to screencap this one cause this might be the first time I've ever led in most dmg done to enemy champions.

0unFLjq.png

drawkcaB

As others have pointed out, the CS should go to the ADC. That's because ADCs scale much more with items (or put in other words, they scale more with gold) than they do with levels.

The support's job is to carry the carries. See it's like this...

The ADC is the team's Frodo. The support is the team's Samwise. Cooking his shit, saving him from the giant spider, hauling his dumbass up the stupid mountain. And you just know, goddam know, that if Gollum hadn't intervened Samwise was about to punt Frodo's ass down the pit. And then the people of Middle-Earth were all like, "Oh Frodo, you saved the day, wow thanks Frodo, you're the best!" You think Samwise Gamgee gives a shit?? Fuck no! He's smashing Rosie Cotton, the hottest piece of ass in The Shire!

Rosie. Fucking. Cotton.

Don't be Frodo.

Be Samwise.

Yep. CS'ing sucks. Samwisin' all up in here.

This is a more general question than Tahm, but: The champion.gg chart is only for the current week? I thought that winrate by games played chart was the OVERALL win rate. That's what I'm kind of wondering about, whether anyone has mained Tahm long enough to hit some arbitrary large number of games (like 50) and still been around 50% wins overall. I'm assuming the chart only looks at ranked game stats also.

From what I understand champion.gg's stats are for the patch period. So if you go there right now, the information has been frozen since Tuesday. Come Friday evening it'll have collected 3 days worth of data and the site will be updated and then it'll be updated daily until next patch drops.

I actually have a gut feeling that the data on champion.gg is heavily weighted towards those initial three days and any new data after that period has a lower impact on the numbers. For example, it currently says that Elise's ban rate is around 10% and that's an absolute lie.

drawkcaB

Elise

Neurotoxin (Q)
[ EFFECT Change - Here's the updated tooltip: "Posions an enemy for 3 seconds dealing 20/30/40/50/60(+.15 AP) magic damage each second. Neurotoxin lasts 6 second when applied to monsters.]
Cooldown lowered to 1 second from 6

OMG YES! Finally, thank you Riot! Brilliant change I've written about a few times! Actually I was hoping they'd do it both portions of Q but I'll take it. Now make E a snare, not a stun. You know you want to...doooo eeeeeeeet

Nami buffs, yes! Very subtle but very impactful.

Don't freak out on the armor changes. It's to help tanks make up for the loss of armor from itemization. By shifting a portion of their armor from items to base stats they delay how long it takes to stack the same amount of armor. Less armor in the mid game than right now, a bit less armor in the late game than now so they can still do their job.

patchday

Nautlis getting buffs? the fudge, coo maybe I should get him soon I guess

Yeah I guess it is relaxing being support. Just tossing out buffs, warding, and pulling butts out the fire. Good explanation bout support up there with The Shire lol

edit- Okay this not fair. Jayce already has a Master of rank 2 with only 2 matches played. It took me a bunch of matches to get Zed / Quinn there. It's just so telling which heroes I am excelling at. That would be Tank (Top) and Support

Uhh isn't it kinda counterproductive to nerf armor but give armor back to champions

Also that Elise change is nice, I wish they'd just rework her completely from Lee with tits

patchday

Hope Lee hits Character free rotation soon so I can try him out. Really enjoyed playing Elise this week. She's a lot of fun. Would like to Jungle with her one more time to see how much we vibe together

I got the IP saved for her pretty much but going to wait for free rotation to end before I spend the IP.

LOL, I'm gonna try Zilean (that old time wizard) and see how it goes since hes on free rotate

Welp just had a rank game where I started 2-0 as Hec vs Riven then BOOM DC. Had to reset PC, and Router, and Modem took forever. Told myself... welp there goes more LP..... I reconnect and the score is pretty much the same and the Riven went from 0-2 to 3-5. LOL came back and it was easy win from there.

God bless good teammates.

P.S Fuck Comcast.

yeah so i'm going to have anywhere from 80-100 ping now.

great. 70 is unbearable for me.

That's fucking awful.

Sonavubitch. Riot why can't you just have multiple servers and connect to the best one for the match? Fucking hell.

Yep

Moderate latency increases (up to ~45 ms) in the Pacific Northwest and outlying regions (Hawaii, other Pacific Islands, Japan, etc)
Minor latency increases (up to ~30 ms) across the rest of the west coast of North America.
Generally neutral effects across a broad strip of the Mountain States and Saskatchewan
Moderate to major latency reductions (up to ~50 ms for much of the East Coast) across the entire eastern half of North America

Ugh. Fucking riot and their band-aid solutions. Shit is only going to piss off people.

23qwerty

Yep

Moderate latency increases (up to ~45 ms) in the Pacific Northwest and outlying regions (Hawaii, other Pacific Islands, Japan, etc)
Minor latency increases (up to ~30 ms) across the rest of the west coast of North America.
Generally neutral effects across a broad strip of the Mountain States and Saskatchewan
Moderate to major latency reductions (up to ~50 ms for much of the East Coast) across the entire eastern half of North America

Bacon

I play on 130 ping regularly on the east coast. Fuck your moderate ping increases its been an abomination for me since I've started playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom