• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally play on 20 ping.. and the last few patches given me mid 30's-40's with spikes into the 200's.

THIS IS BULL SHIT. Did I just mention I keep dcing randomly?

drawkcaB

Uhh isn't it kinda counterproductive to nerf armor but give armor back to champions

Not at all.

drawkcaB said:
Don't freak out on the armor changes. It's to help tanks make up for the loss of armor from itemization. By shifting a portion of their armor from items to base stats they delay how long it takes to stack the same amount of armor. Less armor in the mid game than right now, roughly the same armor in the late game so they can still do their job.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am happy about the server move because they are moving in right next to me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You guys complaining about 50 and 90 ping. Meanwhile I'm here playing at 140 on the beast coast.

Edit: nami and naut buffs hooo boy. Maybe fish waifu is gonna make a comeback.

patchday

Huh, yeah you need multiple locations for servers

Oh wow, Zilean won his 1st summoner's rift. I was totally 100% carried with 0/2/3 I think

Is it sadistic to leave a game because you didn't like what someone picked in champ select, and then spectate that game on another account and watch their feeble attempts to win 4v5?

Theoretically of course.
no worse than taunting your team while afk buying items to avoid leavebuster.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is it sadistic to leave a game because you didn't like what someone picked in champ select, and then spectate that game on another account and watch their feeble attempts to win 4v5?

Theoretically of course.

HeCantKeepGettingAwayWithIt.GIF

zkylon

zkylewd
OMG YES! Finally, thank you Riot! Brilliant change I've written about a few times! Actually I was hoping they'd do it both portions of Q but I'll take it. Now make E a snare, not a stun. You know you want to...doooo eeeeeeeet
yeah i like the q change, it feels appropriate for a spider and everything

dunno about the snare, i guess thematically it's ok but it's a pretty huge power drop for her

tho i'm not really against it, coccoon is too hard to balance as it is

Nami buffs, yes! Very subtle but very impactful.
yeah i really like this buff, it'll have a big impact in how good it feels to play as nami since the juicy ms buffs are gonna be much more noticeable now

60ms is a really nice base number and i really like the ult buff since it'll let u catch up to ppl super quick

Nautilus buffs? The fuck
these aren't buffs, just tweaks for parity and to compensate for some of the armor item nerfs

Uhh isn't it kinda counterproductive to nerf armor but give armor back to champions
well they're not buffing everyone, mostly support and tank characters. they're specifically leaving out bruisers from that list so while tanks will stay the same, this is overall a power balance that hurts reksai/j4/vi/etc. while keeping straight up tanks intact.

like, nautilus and alistar need nerfs but having them lag behind in base stats is probably not the right idea

i wonder why zac and sejuani and some others didn't get the buffs tho. maybe they have pretty good tank stats already

Edit: nami and naut buffs hooo boy. Maybe fish waifu is gonna make a comeback.
i feel that might be it for her to make a comeback. not sure how she matches against janna but i'm guessing she's pretty good and this could be the little bit of a buff she needed to be worth blindpicking again

a change i would love to see in this direction would be to make her passive work like nunu w and just apply to you as well as the other person. might be kind of op but i think it would be really neat

sleepykyo

As I posted before, Sheen could be good on her due to her q and E. Inf. Edge will also help make her 2nd E hit deal better damage. With BoRK her E deals a good chunk of damage too.
So you could go for a combo of BoRK+Trinity+Inf. Edge then tank up.

Yeah, your games are a bit unconventional. Like it is possible to get 3 expensive attack items and tank up before the opposing carry hits their 2 expensive attack items and a last whisper/void staff, but it isn't likely.

Oh my sweet, SWEET ping

No, my 40-50ms ping days are over.

Yep

Moderate latency increases (up to ~45 ms) in the Pacific Northwest and outlying regions (Hawaii, other Pacific Islands, Japan, etc)
Minor latency increases (up to ~30 ms) across the rest of the west coast of North America.

I don't see an 80-100% increase in ping as being moderate.

Did Riot give a reason why they aren't dividing the US into west and east? Like the USA is one country, but wiki puts USA at 3.8 million square miles versus Europe's 3.9 and the USA infrastructure is pretty awful.

I don't see an 80-100% increase in ping as being moderate.

Did Riot give a reason why they aren't dividing the US in west and east? Like the USA is one country, but wiki puts USA at 3.8 million square miles versus Europe's 3.9 and the USA infrastructure is pretty awful.

Yeah, Europe is kinda split up server wise, they should do the same with the USA. It'd suck for some but you know what? We need better ping for everyone!

23qwerty

First game as Gnar. Going against a Teemo. I hope this doesn't suck.

Are scripters a real thing? How can one even tell if someone is scripting?

yeah there's dodge scripts, combo scripts, last hit scripts, pretty much anything you can think of, you can get a script for i think

it's pretty easy to tell when someone is dodge scripting, they dodge just slightly out of the way the exact instant you cast, every single time.

something like this, pretty obvious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGFZZWY8m-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UViojltEa6I

lol at the comments though, they're probably all scripters >_>

Yeah, scripters are nasty. Wayback when I had a Xerath scripter who had a freak out moment as well, where he ulted 3 times in like completely opposite directions. Cassiopiea was a popular scriptee back in the day as well. For aiming that is, not dodging.

23qwerty

still is popular, it's funny seeing players that main xerath and cassio with like 90% winrates and 25% winrate with everything else

Pancakes

yasuo is such cancer

literally no counterplay as an immobile champ lmao

Yasuo is more of a detriment to his own team than anyone else. And even if he gets ahead he will throw in typical yasuo style.

Leezard

new pbe patch http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/86-pbe-update.html

lots of small armor buffs to many tanks

elise q is now a dot and apparently has 1s cd? that might be a bug tho

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand

nami buffsssssssss

WW0jmvyPGu2rlPYZ

this sounds really nice actually
Cool. I still wish they would revert the latest nerf, but this is an interesting change.

Well. My Gnar game up top against Teemo was...boring. I was 0/1/7. I killed him none. He killed me none. Finally a 3 man gank came up top after I'd destroyed his tower and killed me. I don't think I was playing Gnar nearly aggressive enough.

faridmon

Just watched the Korean League for the first time....
Yeah, gonna stick with the Chinese LPL. The Korean one seemed boring and too careful.

Speaking of which, QG V OMG is gonna be a tasty affair!

Pancakes

Cool. I still wish they would revert the latest nerf, but this is an interesting change.

I wish they would revert Sona's base HP and Q nerfs but that ain't gonna happen either T_T.

faridmon

So was playing support Karma earlier with the the adc rat dude (Twitch) in the bottom lane and he reveals too me that Support not supposed to kill any creeps?! I'm supposed to let Adc take all the creeps and just watch him have fun. Even though I outscored, outperformed, and died less I let him have the creeps

As a support player myself , I can say worst of it all is that, you are always the blame for any rash behaviour of your ADC. And once you actually play well, no appreciation. It sucks to be a supp at Bronze level.

But at least you ain't a jungler!

killatopak

Gold Member
As a support player myself , I can say worst of it all is that, you are always the blame for any rash behaviour of your ADC. And once you actually play well, no appreciation. It sucks to be a supp at Bronze level.

Support is probably my dream role if not for the fact that they flame me so much. I've always played a support role in all my games like healer or priest or something. Sigh.

-----

Edit: Just came back from 4 ranked games. 2 wins 2 losses. Lost because my laptop sucks and restarted by itself and did a windows update at the start of the game. The other loss was because of all of us. The wins were pretty good tho. First win was with Renekton against Riven. Poor Riven. She was 0-12 at the end of the game. Next game I took Riven and fought Leblanc. Sej and Fiora did a 3 man dive and I killed them with the help of Lee Sin and it snow balled from there. It was quite surprising that someone already used reworked Fiora at ranked when she was just released at my region a few hours ago.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Support is probably my dream role if not for the fact that they flame me so much. I've always played a support role in all my games like healer or priest or something. Sigh.
Your biggest challenge as a sup is not getting dominated by the other sup, and in this Meta, Nautilus dominates everyone.

I agree with the first part. If my ADC is being dumb as shit, I get yelled at for it. I had a game Blitz with Malzahar bot. Against us was Nautilus and Vayne. Malz was getting pissed he kept dying when he ran right into them, then yelled at me for never pulling when they were several kills ahead. They played damn smart, and Vayne was CONSTANTLY behind Naut. I told Malz he didn't want either of them pulled into his face either way, but he still raged and eventually asked I be reported.

But I will disagree with you on the second part. When I'm making great grabs and we're stomping, I fairly often get an ADC who is kind enough to throw some praise at me. They must know the secret of what feeds Blitzcrank---love.

killatopak

Gold Member
Your biggest challenge as a sup is not getting dominated by the other sup, and in this Meta, Nautilus dominates everyone.

Surprisingly, nobody uses him at my elo. A lot more Thresh, Blitz and Alistar.

Thanks for reminding me about Naut. I'll probably buy him next after GP.

faridmon

I agree with the first part. If my ADC is being dumb as shit, I get yelled at for it. I had a game Blitz with Malzahar bot. Against us was Nautilus and Vayne. Malz was getting pissed he kept dying when he ran right into them, then yelled at me for never pulling when they were several kills ahead. They played damn smart, and Vayne was CONSTANTLY behind Naut. I told Malz he didn't want either of them pulled into his face either way, but he still raged and eventually asked I be reported.

But I will disagree with you on the second part. When I'm making great grabs and we're stomping, I fairly often get an ADC who is kind enough to throw some praise at me. They must know the secret of what feeds Blitzcrank---love.

True on both counts.

But I do get flamed alot for not ganking when I am power farming as Jungler, so its a double edge sword being a jungler. As someone who mains Sejuani, She is terribly weak until she hits lv6 and add to that, her early farming ability is rather weak, but when I am playing with impatient tops and bots (who usually can't take control of their lane) The complain for not ganking enough.

Granted, I still have a lot of decision making to learn since watching top level players, junglers seem to be at the right place at the right time, but its Bronze lv ffs and I rather not feed than anything else.

jerd

23qwerty

From 105 to 23 praise rito

I always think it's funny when people bitch about 75 ping calling it lag. With any luck I'll be one of those assholes in a few months

75 ping is pretty noticeable lag, I've done it before. It sucks. You're going to be very very happy when they switch over
We just need east and west servers honestly.

jerd

Idk 99% of my games are at over 100 ping and although there's a very slight delay there's never been a time where I've thought i woulda made that play with better ping or I'd be ranked higher with better ping

Maybe after the switch I'll dodge a skillshot or two that i wouldn't on higher ping but I'm not ranked where i am bc of lag, I'll ranked here bc I'm bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom