• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
When I played on LAN and got 29 ping it was literal night and day difference between playing with 140 ping on NA. I could trade better, position better, CS better, everything was just way smoother and easier to do. If your decision making is shit it won't help at all but if you have decent decision making and were hindered by high ping this will be a great boon.

Edit: have a doto2 nami
JBZxZPq.gif

Leezard

When I played on LAN and got 29 ping it was literal night and day difference between playing with 140 ping on NA. I could trade better, position better, CS better, everything was just way smoother and easier to do. If your decision making is shit it won't help at all but if you have decent decision making and were hindered by high ping this will be a great boon.

Edit: have a doto2 nami http://i.imgur.com/JBZxZPq.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Yup, it's a large difference. It's hard to make split second skillshot dodging with high ping.

23qwerty

I get 56 ping when doing speedtest.net to Chicago so that's a little reassuring. Might even get a bit better than that through the new league servers, who knows..

Speedtest.net to Portland where the current servers are is what my exact ping in league is so that's definitely reassuring.

Tizoc

Yeah, your games are a bit unconventional. Like it is possible to get 3 expensive attack items and tank up before the opposing carry hits their 2 expensive attack items and a last whisper/void staff, but it isn't likely.

I always forget about the price of those items lol, but yeah they'd cost like 10K Gold and you would hardly earn that much by the time they surrender.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
102 ping on speedtest to chicago. unscientific test but regardless, fuck you riot
Where in the US is it 100+ ping to Chicago? I'm curious. Try to understand that many East Coast players have had to go years playing with 100-120 ping.

dimb

Riot is super rich right? Can't they make 2 servers?
There are logistic problems with this solution. Splitting the NA community sounds like a not great idea, and there's not fluidity between different servers on the game right now for players to move between them. Even if there were that opens up its own set of problems with players choosing one or the other for ranked. Hypothetically let's say they create a server for the North American East Coast. Who do you expect to transfer to this server?

jerd

The server issue is weird to me. A centralized server just makes sense. On one hand yeah it sucks some people will have worse ping after the move, but that ping is still half what a significant portion of the community has dealt with for years.

Imagine if we were doing the reverse and moving a midwest server to the west coast. Shit would be insane.

I don't get what the big deal is but I'm gonna be benefiting greatly from it so i can't really form an unbiased opinion i guess

Nekofrog

Banned
I've found my new spirit animal guys

Where in the US is it 100+ ping to Chicago? I'm curious. Try to understand that many East Coast players have had to go years playing with 100-120 ping.

Northern California. I'm not really that upset, and like I said it's an incredibly unscientific test because t hey're not Riot's servers I'm pinging.

I'm getting 11 ping when I hit the test server. God bless.

okay now i'm upset

Tizoc

I think I'll give Top Shen a try, shouldn't be too hard; I'd just keep my lane pushed, farm and then teleport to bot or mid if they need help.

Nekofrog

Banned
i still really, really blow at farming as shen. sometimes it's due to me being all over the map and losing CS to tower, but a lot of times it's me just sucking at farming with Shen. I'm really really not used to sunfire champions.

killatopak

Gold Member
Right, I'm officially on the push for Plat
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/29277575

That match history <3. Good luck!

There are logistic problems with this solution. Splitting the NA community sounds like a not great idea, and there's not fluidity between different servers on the game right now for players to move between them. Even if there were that opens up its own set of problems with players choosing one or the other for ranked. Hypothetically let's say they create a server for the North American East Coast. Who do you expect to transfer to this server?

East coast people? Europe did it so why can't US? To be fair, it would suck if you have friends over the other side of the country.

dimb

East coast people? Europe did it so why can't US? To be fair, it would suck if you have friends over the other side of the country.
Factor in what a new server means. Do people on the East Coast want to transfer to a server with an undefined player base that will inevitable be weaker than its West Coast counterpart? Do they want to transfer away from the server they are already established on with their friends/rank?

jerd

Factor in what a new server means. Do people on the East Coast want to transfer to a server with an undefined player base that will inevitable be weaker than its West Coast counterpart? Do they want to transfer away from the server they are already established on with their friends/rank?

And that'd leave people in the midwest like me screwed either way.

Hypothetically tho would that give us two nalcs divisions with like a super bowl of their winners at the end? Bc that's kinda cool

Tizoc

i still really, really blow at farming as shen. sometimes it's due to me being all over the map and losing CS to tower, but a lot of times it's me just sucking at farming with Shen. I'm really really not used to sunfire champions.

Last hit with his Q, know how much damage it does, toss it at a minion, boom instant CS :V

Sunfire's better on Garen cuz it works with his E spin meaning you get to clear waves even faster.

killatopak

Gold Member
Riot really should fix the servers in NA.

50-100 ping and I'm already pulling my hair out of frustration and yet some of you seem to play at that ping regularly. I salute you.

I have like 34 ping minimum and if I play on my friend's house I get 8.

Edit: Found out GP was supposed to be shipped without a hat.

gp_top.jpg

gp_render_front.jpg

gp_render_back.jpg

clemenx

Banned
Man, it feels so good watching Sbenu in their last few games. Awesome to see that all that fierce competition indeed has them improving.

killatopak

Gold Member
Man, it feels so good watching Sbenu in their last few games. Awesome to see that all that fierce competition indeed has them improving.

Aren't they bottom tier? I remember most of the guys who fought them didn't even use their starters and used them as practice for their subs.

clemenx

Banned
Aren't they bottom tier? I remember most of the guys who fought them didn't even use their starters and used them as practice for their subs.

Yeah they are, but watching them now it's a farcry from the first few weeks where they would get stomped without much resistance. They've been taking games now and took a series against Jin Air as well.

I just love seeing tangible improvement within a split.

patchday

Wow this last match took 48 mins but it was worth it. one guy wanted to surrender at the sight of a L17 fed Darius while we were still like L12s lol. But we all rallied to kill that guy. It's not too bad to come back when there is only 1 overfed dude on enemy team I guess

TomShoe

Banned
250 to 150, and I play on spotty Wi-Fi. Can't wait for sub-100 times once my ethernet gets hooked up. Finally having a stable connection will make CS'ing and playing mechanically difficult champs like Gnar much easier.

Yeah fuck the West Coast and their dumb Priuses.

Priuses are dumb.

Wow this last match took 48 mins but it was worth it. one guy wanted to surrender at the sight of a L17 fed Darius while we were still like L12s lol. But we all rallied to kill that guy. It's not too bad to come back when there is only 1 overfed dude on enemy team I guess

People have issues with Darius in low elo. If you go even, then you won lane. He'll fall off just like every other lane bully.

jerd

Last pick didn't get top that they called so is going riven adc

Every fiber of my being tells me i need to dodge but fuck this guy im calling his bluff and taking him down with me

patchday

must be such high pressure going Ranked play with having to worry bout dodging to preserve the rank I can only imagine. I know I'd be tempted to dodge when I see something shady

People have issues with Darius in low elo. If you go even, then you won lane. He'll fall off just like every other lane bully.

I should watch the replay I recorded to see how exactly he got so fed. I wa splaying adc Vayne so wasn't paying good attention to the other lanes. Someone got pimped by him in early game

killatopak

Gold Member
6 game losing streak good lord. :(
Time to take a break.

Last pick didn't get top that they called so is going riven adc

Every fiber of my being tells me i need to dodge but fuck this guy im calling his bluff and taking him down with me

I tried Riven adcs on normals before. It's only good if you lane against people who don't have escapes like Ashe, MF, and Jinx. It'll be pretty hard against champs that have mobility.

Dodge if they have mobility.

Edwardo

Played a game as Twitch last night. Still lots of fun. I'll be honest though.. Facing Sona and Ezreal early on was such a pain.

I completely forgot that I wanted to play Tristana last night, but I didn't realize it until it was too late.

TomShoe

Banned
Played a game as Twitch last night. Still lots of fun. I'll be honest though.. Facing Sona and Ezreal early on was such a pain.

I completely forgot that I wanted to play Tristana last night, but I didn't realize it until it was too late.

I need to pick up my ex-main. He became unplayable after the Q nerfs, since he had early game trade-offs that other late game carries like Jinx and Vayne don't have. Maybe with the new buffs he's worth giving a second look.

Edwardo

I need to pick up my ex-main. He became unplayable after the Q nerfs, since he had early game trade-offs that other late game carries like Jinx and Vayne don't have. Maybe with the new buffs he's worth giving a second look.

Ya it was only one game, but I did feel like I was doing a good amount of damage when I was about even with ppl. Their team wasn't very tanky, so I was able to just build IE, Youmuu's, and Last Whisper instead of getting a botrk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom