• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

I dont get it looks like you did good and your team won smashingly?

Basically

Last pick didn't get top that they called so is going riven adc

Every fiber of my being tells me i need to dodge but fuck this guy im calling his bluff and taking him down with me

Not having a ranged carry in the bot lane is really dangerous. They should have just froze the lane and punished her for every cs she took. Instead they mindlessly shoved to tower and gave me free ganks down there and the lane and game snowballed

patchday

Purchased Varus since he was on sale. Not a bad showing for his first run. I'm feeling like my hero collection is pretty fleshed out now. Got some ADCs I go play good with. Maybe could use 1 more support. Thinking of getting Leona when she goes on sale

CxDTBzx.png

Purchased Varus since he was on sale. Not a bad showing for his first run. I'm feeling like my hero collection is pretty fleshed out now. Got some ADCs I go play good with. Maybe could use 1 more support. Thinking of getting Leona when she goes on sale

CxDTBzx.png

You want to be going BT/IE first with Varus then either LW or Brutalizer (probs bruitaliser). His Q scales incredibly well with raw AD and plays more like an AD caster than someone who needs to be landing crits.

Runaans is a troll buy too unless you're massively ahead and probably buying TriForce too.

killatopak

Gold Member
Had a ranked match where our top was Riven. Our Lee ganks for him and nets him 3 kills through consecutive ganks.

We lose 1 clash and all hell breaks loose. Riven goes: GG ff at 20. My team mate suck braaahh. He was super aggressive and constantly dives and would have died if not for me and my team mates saving his ass and giving him three barriers (Lux,Lee and my Face of the Mountain).Then we teach him a thing or two about team work he starts cooperating and we win.

and he is plat 4 for fucks sake. I guess toxicity never goes away no matter what rank. Or is it just because Riven mains are stupid as fuck? Damn I'm ashamed to be a Riven main.

Good news is that as a Gold 3, it's quite good that all that I've been playing with are either Gold 1 or low plats except for my Gold 2 duo. This should make my climb go faster.

Edit: Xin Zhao is op as fuck. He can literally dive and delete champs if he's not cc'd
It wasn't even that really so much as the enemy bot lane being a bunch of dumb dumbs
I guess they were too confident? Riven is very much vulnerable to ranged pokes and she has no sustain too. Looking at her support, it seems that they can't really engage unless Riven herself engages where Tristana would just jump away.

drawkcaB

I get 90 ping to Portland and 90 ping to Chicago on speedtest.

I pinged Riot's server in Portland from work and got ~65ms. When I pinged the IP address in Chicago I got ~82ms. Now, consider that when I actually play the game I have a ping of 45-50ms and that whatever routing changes Riot will be doing with Telus haven't been done yet, and I'm probably looking at a ~15ms increase to about 60-65ms.

Seeing as how they've cited Saskatchewan as having no noticeable changes to ping and the west coast as being low with +30ms, Alberta should be smack in the middle with a +15ms and it certainly looks like that's what we'll be seeing.

So yeah, <65ms is fine for me if that let's all the east coasters have decent ping.

East coast people? Europe did it so why can't US? To be fair, it would suck if you have friends over the other side of the country.

I don't think people realize how much larger the player base in Europe is compared to NA. Riot didn't split that region up because of geography and by extension high latency. They did it because Europe as a whole has more than twice the amount of players NA has. EUW alone has something like 1.5x.

Riot won't come and say it because this community would have a big fit about it, but the reason NA only has one server location is because the costs and grief incurred by having more than one aren't worth it. No one put in Riot's shoes would do it either, end of the say they're still a business. What we do have going forward with the centralized servers however is a solution that should make things good for everyone.

Fracas

#fuckonami
70 ping on the new server (typically play with about 125). GOD BLESS

I normally get around 80 at school, wonder what it'll be like there

Splitting servers means west coast gets a shite server with half as much features because 80% of the playerbase would very likely bail to the Chicago server since it would be better.

If you think 20~50 ms increases in ping are worth losing half of the game's matchmaking modes and having to wait 10 times longer to get an actual match go ahead. Europe's server is split mostly because of language differences.

Leezard

Splitting servers means west coast gets a shite server with half as much features because 80% of the playerbase would very likely bail to the Chicago server since it would be better.

If you think 20~50 ms increases in ping are worth losing half of the game's matchmaking modes and having to wait 10 times longer to get an actual match go ahead. Europe's server is split mostly because of language differences.

No. At the time of the split, it was because the user base was too large to handle even by increasing the size of the "EU server". The split was necessary to avoid common downtimes and huge login queues. While EUW has not been the most stable server until the Amsterdam changes, it was much worse before the split.

patchday

You want to be going BT/IE first with Varus then either LW or Brutalizer (probs bruitaliser). His Q scales incredibly well with raw AD and plays more like an AD caster than someone who needs to be landing crits.

Runaans is a troll buy too unless you're massively ahead and probably buying TriForce too.

If you're itemizing for poke Varus go Manamune first, not a BF item

Thanks was wondering why I wasn't getting last hit on some kills. I've seen other Varus in my elo do much better kill count wise.

Not sure what BT/IE stands for. Need to learn these items better. going to look this stuff up I thank you all

Normally I try to follow a build guide but just hopped in.

Btw, had a 6 game winning streak! would've kept going but had to go to work :(

Back to work as a matter of fact :(

No. At the time of the split, it was because the user base was too large to handle even by increasing the size of the "EU server". The split was necessary to avoid common downtimes and huge login queues. While EUW has not been the most stable server until the Amsterdam changes, it was much worse before the split.
Huh, I thought it was about language barriers with slav countries. How much bigger is the EU userbase?

TomShoe

Banned
I thought EUW alone was 1.5x bigger than NA.

Just for ranked though (got this from lolsummoners):

Total: ~10.5 M

KR: 2.7 M

EUW: 2.55 M

NA: 1.7 M

EUNE: 1.3 M

BR: 720 K

TRK: 470 K

LAS: 350 K

LAN: 300 K

OCE: 180 K

RUS: 140 K

dunno about normies or china

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i want to play some ranked but FGC is still disabled. :(

but the good news is i can ping a chicago server in 27ms

Leezard

Huh, I thought it was about language barriers with slav countries. How much bigger is the EU userbase?

I don't know really, but from TomShoe's stats it's probably not a stretch to say it's around 2x the NA size, if you add EUW, EUNE, Turkey and Russia together.

Granted, NA right now should be larger than EU before the split (~ mid 2011), but the server tech is a lot better nowadays. This is just my speculation since I do not know proper numbers, though.

sleepykyo

Tried playing dominion today. 90% certain, I was the only human in the room. Everyone moved like the bots from custom mode. Does the mode add bots when human players can't be found? Is it a case of dominion being the best mode for ip farming bots?

drawkcaB

Good lord. Are f2p games usually split that much or does LoL resonate unusually well with Europeans?

For one, Europe has a much higher population than NA. It's a raw numbers game. On top of that, Europe's history with the MOBA genre runs way deeper than in NA, and I'm sure that has something to do with it as well. Hell, of the big 4 regions NA is the laggard when it comes to PC gaming. I can't think of a single reason why NA should be expected to be the largest region. Yeah, Riot is an American company, but they made a gamein a genre that already had a much more advanced global fanbase.

A typical Russian doesn't understand Serbian or Polish any more than a typical Frenchman would understand Spanish or Italian, or a typical Englishman would understand German. There isn't any linguistic unification going on in either server. Hence why they all default to English in chat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Console gaming is stronger in the US than in Europe. That's another reason.

You see this with DOTA as well where the top teams are either EU, CIS, or China. There's just a larger pool of potential talent to draw from.

Nekofrog

Banned
we prefer it that way in the US. it's a way of differentiating the plebs from the non-plebs.

if you hear someone talking about halo, mario, or gears of war you know to ignore their opinion about anything because they're a console gamer.

Nekofrog

Banned
the only acceptable console game to every talk about is megaman legends 1 and 2, and it has to be about how awesome those games are

zkylon

zkylewd
can't argue with how awesome megaman legends 1 was

it truly was an awesome game

and i dont even like megaman

(btw i bought a new computer and apparently it fried my motherboard... fml)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tried playing dominion today. 90% certain, I was the only human in the room. Everyone moved like the bots from custom mode. Does the mode add bots when human players can't be found? Is it a case of dominion being the best mode for ip farming bots?
Yes, Dominion gives better IP rewards and bots are more reliable inside that mode. It is unfortunate.

Yes, Dominion gives better IP rewards and bots are more reliable inside that mode. It is unfortunate.

I've seen it occur a lot in Twisted Treeline as well. I don't know if anybody else has the same but I go through long queue times there and I end up packed with 5 bot players.

They definitely need to take a pass at those gamemodes soon as move some pieces around to deter the abundance of bots.

killatopak

Gold Member
I think it's more like devourer is so OP right now that anybody with a high AS and a BoRK can deal tons of damage.

Edit: Plus you had wits end!

I think it's more like devourer is so OP right now that anybody with a high AS and a BoRK can deal tons of damage.

Edit: Plus you had wits end!

It's not even OP in an interesting way either. Lemme just sit my ass in my jungle and at 20+ mins I'll come out OP. Blech.

I had sated before wits end, but yeah that did tons of dmg without the sated devourer. The reason this feels more broken on WW is the true dmg proc. I only have to hit you twice to hit you with true dmg. I honestly feel like building BotRK and Wits End were over kill. I could have gone full tank and still wrecked with a maxed out w.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not even OP in an interesting way either. Lemme just sit my ass in my jungle and at 20+ mins I'll come out OP. Blech.

yup, and it doesn't help that the champions that take advantage of it are dumb champions like warwick, yi or shyvanna. i was gonna say xin zhao but i'd put him a step above them and i don't really pretend i understand how xin zhao works lol

devourer is just not something league of legends should support, and probably all of those champions should be drastically changed

yup, and it doesn't help that the champions that take advantage of it are dumb champions like warwick, yi or shyvanna. i was gonna say xin zhao but i'd put him a step above them and i don't really pretend i understand how xin zhao works lol

devourer is just not something league of legends should support, and probably all of those champions should be drastically changed

Agreed, but you missed the real problem champ right now. Kayle. Sweet Jesus a good kayle will wreck any team in soloq right now. Her ult offers no counter play other than just stay away from her till it drops. Until then she is going to aoe burst you down to oblivion and the rest of you team.

zkylon

zkylewd
havent ran into many kayles, but i don't play ranked so not sure how valid my opinion is

i'd say kayle is still better than shyvana, at least when she's balanced. dunno her state right now but her kit is at least more interesting

Newt

Also, EU is a shit tonne of small high population countries where as NA is just Canada which has a super low population, and the US.

Tizoc

Thanks was wondering why I wasn't getting last hit on some kills. I've seen other Varus in my elo do much better kill count wise.

Not sure what BT/IE stands for. Need to learn these items better. going to look this stuff up I thank you all

Normally I try to follow a build guide but just hopped in.

Btw, had a 6 game winning streak! would've kept going but had to go to work :(

Back to work as a matter of fact :(

BT= Bloodthirster
IE= INf. edge

On Varus you should take into consideration just how useful your Q is, this thing does slick damage.

Generally you'll wanna go-
Inf. Edge>Phanton Dancer>Last Whisper/Bloodthirster
Final item can be defensive item or you can get like Blade of ruined king or something, up to you~

Keep in mind that most Recommended items aren't worth it. Hurricane is best mainly on Kalista.

If you're itemizing for poke Varus go Manamune first, not a BF item

Not sure if serious.gif....

Unless you're talking about Mid Varus, but if you're Bot Varus I don't understand why Manamune would be worth getting on him?

If you build devourer you only need either Wit's End or Blade of ruined king, no need to build all 3, on Warwick.
His W will get you to 2.5 atk speed by late game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom