• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
yea america sucks

It's okay, not every country can be #1 and the leader of the free world.
mmRkza5.png

Are you even trying rest of the world?
lmmLVRO.png

faridmon

The only think I can add to the fact that is that: Yes, China is good at LoL, their politicians and economy people could learn a thing or two from their LoL players.

drawkcaB

i was gonna say xin zhao but i'd put him a step above them and i don't really pretend i understand how xin zhao works lol

It's your lucky day, sit your ass down buddy let's have a talk!

Actually, Devourer+BotRK as strong as the combo is are his more boring offensive item. BotRK in general is boring on him. An offensive build for Xin Zhao is more enjoyable when he's building AD & Crit which generally means Ghostblade + IE and tank from there on out.

Nekofrog

Banned
xin is interesting if only because you CAN build devourer on him (not required), and if you do you're still a really strong early ganker so you don't have to be the afk farmer. like most of the time you lock in a devourer jungler and people go "ok, i won't have to worry about seeing him for a while" but when it's xin you're like "oh crap".

then you realize xin isn't that great in teamfights late game, so as long as you are 5v5ing and NOT doing skirmishes you'll win.

if you're locked into skirmishes with him well gg

TomShoe

Banned
Hey guys, I think you need to read this super IMPORTANT video about how hard Riot has to work to make their chroma packs. Even though it may look easy when done on person's computer, Riot has to make chromas for 67 million+ people and it takes a lot of man hours for translations and to pass business checks. Maybe after watching this video I think you'll have a new understanding and respect for how hard the skin team at Riot works to improve the customization options and enhance your league experience thank you

link to the video IMPORTANT

Hey guys, I think you need to read this super IMPORTANT video about how hard Riot has to work to make their chroma packs. Even though it may look easy when done on person's computer, Riot has to make chromas for 67 million+ people and it takes a lot of man hours for translations and to pass business checks. Maybe after watching this video I think you'll have a new understanding and respect for how hard the skin team at Riot works to improve the customization options and enhance your league experience thank you

link to the video IMPORTANT

Thanks doc I am learned

drawkcaB

Xin is really good in teamfights he's just not that great at initiating and diving the carries. This is particularly true if you build him with gobs of CDR (which generally means moving away from a Devourer centered build).

Even though he's labeled a fighter, it's more accurate to think of Xin as a two-faced champion - 50% tank and 50% assassin. By that I mean either play him as one would a tank, peeling for your carries, or as an assassin, waiting for someone else to initiate and absorb the first wave of damage and then jump on their carries. Just don't try to do both by jumping in first into their backline.

When a teamfight breaks out, Xin's best go to strategy is to stick near the carries and not engage a target until the opposing tanks, fighters, or assassins are on your carries. Then, ult them away for very potent peel, E-W-Q onto the highest threat to your carries and help eliminate the target. All basic abilities should be off CD once the target is down, so then it's a matter of using those abilities to jump on their carries for lock down and clean-up.

23qwerty

Splitting servers means west coast gets a shite server with half as much features because 80% of the playerbase would very likely bail to the Chicago server since it would be better.

Well obviously if they were to split the servers then the east server wouldn't be in Chicago.

Did server move happen??

or is Guac's ping talk unrelated.

zkylon

zkylewd
ahri passive pretty much gutted on pbe: Essence Theft (Passive) healing changed to [3/5/9/18 at level 1/6/11/16] from [2 + (1x Level)*

pretty fair tbh, ahri's kind of too safe, tho i bet like it'll feel really bad since the healing is so poor

also leblanc w speed buffed a bit, which i guess is ok.

It's your lucky day, sit your ass down buddy let's have a talk!

Actually, Devourer+BotRK as strong as the combo is are his more boring offensive item. BotRK in general is boring on him. An offensive build for Xin Zhao is more enjoyable when he's building AD & Crit which generally means Ghostblade + IE and tank from there on out.
i just dontlike melees that i feel you dont have much of a way to get away from once they get close to you

like, i love sion cos hes like all skillshots

i wish more melee champions had skillshots

23qwerty

I pinged Riot's server in Portland from work and got ~65ms. When I pinged the IP address in Chicago I got ~82ms. Now, consider that when I actually play the game I have a ping of 45-50ms and that whatever routing changes Riot will be doing with Telus haven't been done yet, and I'm probably looking at a ~15ms increase to about 60-65ms.

Seeing as how they've cited Saskatchewan as having no noticeable changes to ping and the west coast as being low with +30ms, Alberta should be smack in the middle with a +15ms and it certainly looks like that's what we'll be seeing.

So yeah, <65ms is fine for me if that let's all the east coasters have decent ping

Pretty sure Telus and Riot already are partnered, it says so on their server move roadmap, I've always gotten ~20ms when playing on Telus internet in BC, and ~30ms on Shaw.
Switching back to Telus next month :D

Also the Leblanc nerf (bit of a) revert (i think it was 1600 before?) is nice, it's pretty ridiculous just how much slower her w is on live.

and zky remember there's still an AP ratio on the ahri passive.

TomShoe

Banned
ahri passive pretty much gutted on pbe: Essence Theft (Passive) healing changed to [3/5/9/18 at level 1/6/11/16] from [2 + (1x Level)*

pretty fair tbh, ahri's kind of too safe, tho i bet like it'll feel really bad since the healing is so poor

6a744_ORIG-Black_kid_dancing.gif

Calvero

Banned
man, saying your preference in ranked is fucking pointless. nobody ever gives a shit and it'll always just come down to pick order. no one wants to converse on it or anything, either give me what I want or fuck you. so damn annoying.

TomShoe

Banned
man, saying your preference in ranked is fucking pointless. nobody ever gives a shit and it'll always just come down to pick order. no one wants to converse on it or anything, either give me what I want or fuck you. so damn annoying.

Pretty much. Pick Order > Call Order 100% of the time. If it bothers you that much, wait for ranked team builder, it's coming out soon&#8482;. Hopefully it replaces ranked draft entirely, since I don't want the queue times to be like normal team builder.

Who calls support in ranked? Finding true supports in ranked is like finding a golden idol in a bad Indiana Jones knock off. Just get last pick to do it.

drawkcaB

i just dontlike melees that i feel you dont have much of a way to get away from once they get close to you

Funny you should say that, the general complaint is that after Xin E's in he's easily kittable (he isn't).

I'd be down for more skill shots on melee, but at least they're trying to make melee AAs more interesting like in the Fiora rework.

Pretty sure Telus and Riot already are partnered, it says so on their server move roadmap, I've always gotten ~20ms when playing on Telus internet in BC, and ~30ms on Shaw.
Switching back to Telus next month :D

Shaw is also partnered.

What I'm saying is that until the servers are live on Chicago they can't get work with Telus, Shaw, etc. so even though I'm getting ~82ms to Chicago right now it'll be lower after all routing work is done.

zkylon

zkylewd
Also the Leblanc nerf (bit of a) revert (i think it was 1600 before?) is nice, it's pretty ridiculous just how much slower her w is on live.
personally i didnt mind much the w nerf, adding counterplay is nice and it didnt feel that slow to me when playing her

and zky remember there's still an AP ratio on the ahri passive.
the ratio's pretty worthless during laning which is the only point her passive matters so i duno

it's a decent nerf, no one plays ahri because of the sustain and she's still the same champion as before so i don't mind the nerf

Funny you should say that, the general complaint is that after Xin E's in he's easily kittable (he isn't).

I'd be down for more skill shots on melee, but at least they're trying to make melee AAs more interesting like in the Fiora rework.
yea thats why i didnt like specially talk about xin but more like someone like shyvana

in general i always felt like melees should have a higher mechanics skillfloor outside of just getting close to you so you can outplay them and all that

Honestly I think Ahri's passive is boring as shit. Sure it's useful and thematically coherent but conditional spell vamp is just bleargh

Plus needing to have the fucking green ruins her skin ideas and that's unnaceptable
Asking for a role politely is your best bet at getting said role. Pick order is still king but as long as you make it clear what you want you'll still get said role 60% of the time even in low ELOs.
Unless you want to play mid, in which case pray you are high in the pick order.
Who calls support in ranked? Finding true supports in ranked is like finding a golden idol in a bad Indiana Jones knock off. Just get last pick to do it.
People that call support in ranked usually don't stay in the same division for long

drawkcaB

Tried the recent Skarner changes on PBE. I can't tell whether he's just ok now or mind blowingly OP. The change on his E is hilarious, and I'm like 95% he's going to be a solid top laner.

patchday

what is this new Fiora like to play? Isn't that a bit silly how you have to run around the target to hit those "vital points"? Or is that a lot of fun?

Looking forward to next week's rotation. Maybe she'll be there or someone else I havent played yet

BT= Bloodthirster
IE= INf. edge

On Varus you should take into consideration just how useful your Q is, this thing does slick damage.

Generally you'll wanna go-
Inf. Edge>Phanton Dancer>Last Whisper/Bloodthirster
Final item can be defensive item or you can get like Blade of ruined king or something, up to you~

Keep in mind that most Recommended items aren't worth it. Hurricane is best mainly on Kalista.

Thanks

Targeting vitals is fun as fuck, but I can't talk about her balance because people don't let me fucking play her and I haven't had the time to queue up in team builder for top lane

patchday

Had a ranked match where our top was Riven. Our Lee ganks for him and nets him 3 kills through consecutive ganks.

We lose 1 clash and all hell breaks loose. Riven goes: GG ff at 20. My team mate suck braaahh. He was super aggressive and constantly dives and would have died if not for me and my team mates saving his ass and giving him three barriers (Lux,Lee and my Face of the Mountain).Then we teach him a thing or two about team work he starts cooperating and we win.

and he is plat 4 for fucks sake. I guess toxicity never goes away no matter what rank. Or is it just because Riven mains are stupid as fuck? Damn I'm ashamed to be a Riven main.

Good news is that as a Gold 3, it's quite good that all that I've been playing with are either Gold 1 or low plats except for my Gold 2 duo. This should make my climb go faster.

Edit: Xin Zhao is op as fuck. He can literally dive and delete champs if he's not cc'd

I guess they were too confident? Riven is very much vulnerable to ranged pokes and she has no sustain too. Looking at her support, it seems that they can't really engage unless Riven herself engages where Tristana would just jump away.

huh looks like Warwick and Xin zhao are 2 champs I need to look into sometime yo :)

I got warwick with the starter pack but never even used him yet

Calvero

Banned
Honestly I think Ahri's passive is boring as shit. Sure it's useful and thematically coherent but conditional spell vamp is just bleargh

Plus needing to have the fucking green ruins her skin ideas and that's unnaceptable

Asking for a role politely is your best bet at getting said role. Pick order is still king but as long as you make it clear what you want you'll still get said role 60% of the time even in low ELOs.
Unless you want to play mid, in which case pray you are high in the pick order.

People that call support in ranked usually don't stay in the same division for long

I do this and people are unbelievably rude. Makes me not want to give up roles when others ask for it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Support or feed. They soon find out I wasn't joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom