• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are some good tanks that are worth investing in that are fun to play?

I don't think there is any bad tanks as such, they're just not in vogue atm.

That's not to say you can';t still be important if you play them well. Shen and Nunu are certainly fun, Mundo too if you do really just want to be a meat shield.

You could go a bit left-field and go for Galio or Yorick. I feel like no one knows how to play or play against Yorick so YMMV.

Tizoc

If you can confidently play him he's still a strong jungler and you can unexpectedly cheese botlane I've found with him.

Always build full tank, though. Your main aim is to get a successful ult off.

Would a Rod of Ages still be worth it on him for some extra damage on his E?

Would a Rod of Ages still be worth it on him for some extra damage on his E?

If it's damage you want it's on his R - over 1:1 scaling IIRC. Maybe grab a Liandy's for the pen, AP and HP and due to it scaling with his slows.

Even so, tank items are still the way to go IMO. His R's damage is joke if you get a full one off even without extra AP. BV to block any stuns and then enough HP and defences to makesure no-one takes you down in the meantime.

His W speeds you and another up and his E is there for pure CC (the slow doesn't scale with AP IIRC).

leagueoflegends_2015_r0uur.png

i keep thinking about bard and i dont think he does anything

he just seems worthless

but i dont know this game so

also there is a leeg tournament in my town in a month i should go stomp them all right
The answer is no. Take all the money you spend on skins and start a Roth IRA. You're welcome.

if everyone did that gaf would have the best retirement community

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The answer is no. Take all the money you spend on skins and start a Roth IRA. You're welcome.

Sound financial and retirement advice?! Fuck that, I need skins!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Starting to see some Mao support in high level streams. Hopefully that doesn't become a thing.

It's just cause QTpie is on Vayne and the whole enemy team is designed to murder him. Point and click lock down is nice but Mao is pretty item dependent.

It's just cause QTpie is on Vayne and the whole enemy team is designed to murder him. Point and click lock down is nice but Mao is pretty item dependent.
It's not just QT though, I've seen Mao supp a handful of times in the past few days in other streams as well.

Might be the just a one trick pony situation.

Tizoc

DJ SONA IS OUT

I JUST GOT PAID TOO!
If it's damage you want it's on his R - over 1:1 scaling IIRC. Maybe grab a Liandy's for the pen, AP and HP and due to it scaling with his slows.

Even so, tank items are still the way to go IMO. His R's damage is joke if you get a full one off even without extra AP. BV to block any stuns and then enough HP and defences to makesure no-one takes you down in the meantime.

His W speeds you and another up and his E is there for pure CC (the slow doesn't scale with AP IIRC).

Yeah I figure Rod+Liandry is all the damage he'll need and then just tank up.

i keep thinking about bard and i dont think he does anything

he just seems worthless

He can definitely do things.

http://youtu.be/TyiTZeRmuaQ?t=25m31s

Imagine getting that ult off on a couple of enemies out of position in a team fight. It could turn a 5v5 into a 5v3 for long enough to make a huge impact.

His portals can lead some pretty effective ambushes.

http://youtu.be/TyiTZeRmuaQ?t=28m20s

Probably not the best examples we'll see, but the potential is there for sure.

DJ Sona will end up costing me $10 after accounting for a gift card a friend got me a while back that I haven't spent yet. That, coupled with the "it's on sale so I should buy it before it's full price again" mentality, means I'll probably cave...

....and I don't even play her that often.

He can definitely do things.

http://youtu.be/TyiTZeRmuaQ?t=25m31s

Imagine getting that ult off on a couple of enemies out of position in a team fight. It could turn a 5v5 into a 5v3 for long enough to make a huge impact.

His portals can lead some pretty effective ambushes.

http://youtu.be/TyiTZeRmuaQ?t=28m20s

Probably not the best examples we'll see, but the potential is there for sure.

yeah but what if you could kill them while your ult was on them instead of just using it as a stun to catch out or escape to get away

yeah but what if you could kill them while your ult was on them instead of just using it as a stun to catch out or escape to get away
Because it's a drawback plus that would just be Leona ult

At the cost of not being able to do damage he gets to stun entire teams and objectives for almost 3 seconds. Same for his E, being able to use an enemy portal is the kind of thing that lets his portal be a cross lane Liss E

Edwardo

IEM Katowice - March 12th-15th

• Team WE (Intel Extreme Masters Shenzhen)
  • Cloud 9 (Intel Extreme Masters San Jose)
  • Gambit Gaming (Intel Extreme Masters Cologne)
  • yoe Flash Wolves (Intel Extreme Masters Taipei)
  • GE Tigers (first place LCK team)
  • CJ Entus (second place LCK team)
  • SK Gaming (first place EU LCS)
  • TSM (first place NA LCS)

bidguy

Banned
got 96lp in silver 1 does the excess lp i get after the next win get stored in case i lose promos or something ?

i feel like its a total waste if i win the next and lose promos

got 96lp in silver 1 does the excess lp i get after the next win get stored in case i lose promos or something ?

No, but the LP amount isn't important, it's your MMR that is.

If you've been getting >15LP so far for wins and less or equal in losses then you're moving up in MMR even if your title doesn't reflect that. This gives you some leeway when it comes to possibly losing promotions. I lost 4 games on the bounce once hitting S1 from S2 and didn't get demoted because I was on about a 15W/5L spree on my way from Silver 3 up to S1.

Edwardo

I don't think it does. Just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

ya all the stuff Terb said about MMR

bidguy

Banned
No, but the LP amount isn't important, it's your MMR that is.

If you've been getting >15LP so far for wins and less or equal in losses then you're moving up in MMR even if your title doesn't reflect that. This gives you some leeway when it comes to possibly losing promotions. I lost 4 games on the bounce once hitting S1 from S2 and didn't get demoted because I was on about a 15W/5L spree on my way from Silver 3 up to S1.

oh alright. seems kinda stupid that you lose lp while doing promos but ok

ive been getting 19lp for a while but the last two games i got 26lp seems like a crazy spike to me idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom