• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Skrams

So I'm raiding a lot and using the butterfly knife with a maxed Rank 2 striker about. My knife mastery is level 20. All I have to do is wait for the enemy to attack, press R1, and I instakill everyone. It's practically unstoppable with these low level raids.

darklin0

Banned
uh... I finished the first floor, I guess. The gate at the end is closed, though, and I can't interact with the handle next to it. What do I do?

Also, loads of systems in this game, it's a bit hard to keep track of everything in the first hours lol
The first floor has 2 gates, you might be at the one that is unlocked by clearing out a later floor.

Guys si I'm stuck at the 13 th floor. Can't find a route to go farther. It seems that I need to beat the 11th floor boss to unlock some gates. But how do I get to it?

Guys si I'm stuck at the 13 th floor. Can't find a route to go farther. It seems that I need to beat the 11th floor boss to unlock some gates. But how do I get to it?

Some of the places make you go back down a floor and find an alternative path to find a way back up. You basically have to find the path to enter the 11th floor from above, and fight the boss there. That will open up some gates to progress. You have to get into Ukangoaka and enter Maka-Tsutsumi from there,

darklin0

Banned

You do a loop around through other floors. If I remember correctly it is Green Up, Purple Up, Down Green, Down Blue.

So I'm raiding a lot and using the butterfly knife with a maxed Rank 2 striker about. My knife mastery is level 20. All I have to do is wait for the enemy to attack, press R1, and I instakill everyone. It's practically unstoppable with these low level raids.

How do the R1 attacks work? Do the fists have an R1?

Just something I thought about that seems obvious in hindsight, to get mastery, you only have to kill an enemy with the weapon. I wear down enemies with fists and then finish them with something else to be more xp efficient.

Kind of sad I didn't realize it earlier.

Skrams

If anyone cared you can't seem to stack certain decals as far as I know. I just got another premium Superalloy decal and couldn't put two on the same character.
Stamina is the most important stat right?

Eh, I pump HP/Strength first since shit can easily gore the hell out of you and I want to kill things in one combo. Stamina is third usually for myself as I find the base level enough to deal with for a little while until you pump it. If you need gun damage, DEX can go in there. If you want more money, LUK. VIT seems meh to me since it's defensive capabilities, but I rarely block. I parry, but I don't think VIT effects that.

Ostinatto

Eh, I pump HP/Strength first since shit can easily gore the hell out of you and I want to kill things in one combo. Stamina is third usually for myself as I find the base level enough to deal with for a little while until you pump it. If you need gun damage, DEX can go in there. If you want more money, LUK. VIT seems meh to me since it's defensive capabilities, but I rarely block. I parry, but I don't think VIT effects that.

Can i parry with circle? the timing is similar to dark souls parry shield?

Just got raided by the number one guy on the leaderboard, diamond rank at 5397 tdm points. He used a naked raider, just fists, with 12300 health.

Suffice to say, he destroyed my 7 defenders, waiting room, and freed my hostage like it was nothing.

But hey, if I can raid him back successfully, I can steal 12k coins and 24k splithium.

Just got raided by the number one guy on the leaderboard, diamond rank at 5397 tdm points. He used a naked raider, just fists, with 12300 health.

Suffice to say, he destroyed my waiting room and freed my hostage like it was nothing.

But hey, if I can raid him back successfully, I can steal 12k coins and 24k splithium.

What the fuck? The game gets that crazy?

Suffice to say, he destroyed my 7 defenders, waiting room, and freed my hostage like it was nothing.

Health goes that high?

Shit, so much more to this game. Only just hit floor 11 and bought my first rank 2 fighter. Gonna be sad to chop up my rank 1 starters.

What the fuck? The game gets that crazy?

Health goes that high?

Shit, so much more to this game. Only just hit floor 11 and bought my first rank 2 fighter. Gonna be sad to chop up my rank 1 starters.
Yeah, had no idea. Was a bit stunned when I saw his hp.

Starting to think kidnapping people isn't worth it. All it does is let me get raided by top tier people that wouldn't otherwise see me on their raid lists.

There are no blueprints that start on the second tier of an existing blueprint is there?

Say the magnum for example, is there a chance of me finding a blueprint for the 2-star magnum? Or do I have to level up the 1-star one.

Yeah, had no idea. Was a bit stunned when I saw his hp.

Starting to think kidnapping people isn't worth it. All it does is let me get raided by top tier people that wouldn't otherwise see me on their raid lists.

Wonder what floor you've gotta be on for those kinds of levels. That and I imagine those guys are covered in ratios/decals/whatever

Demoskinos

Health goes that high?

Oh yeah mate there are level 60's and 70's on the leaderboards. Some people have been hitting this game REAL hard. Raids are going to start getting intense.

AESplusF

There are no blueprints that start on the second tier of an existing blueprint is there?

Say the magnum for example, is there a chance of me finding a blueprint for the 2-star magnum? Or do I have to level up the 1-star one.

From what I've heard, no I don't think you can find 2-star blueprints that start at 1-star.

You can. The price just goes up higher depending on what floor you die on.

Also, salvaging should be the go to option to retrieving your fighter rather than fighting them.

When you salvage them you keep all your decals and everything in your death bag. If you fight your haterfied version you lose those things. So if you die with a bunch of goodies in your deathbag that you don't want to lose out on, you're going to want to spend the cash to bring them back

Unless you have premium decals. Which from the mushrooms stew happen about 50% of the time for now.

Giganteus

Finally got to floor 10 and I wasn't expecting the game to change the way it did, honestly. I'm even more into it. This game is pretty rad.

Wait, they aren't guaranteed anymore?

Premium decals from mushrooms stew? They were never guaranteed. Premium means they are holo and never go away.

On a side note, I wonder if people realize it costs money to raid. Or is it free with express passes. Regardless, annoying to not be able to hold onto any resources for the next day really. And I can only raid Canada right now because the fight is onnn... unfortunately they are all rank 48 and stuff, which is ridiculous that my base is being attacked by them considering my rank is 34. Their fighters are a tier higher.

Sande

I'm loving this game. Initially it seems like a clumsier Souls with copypasted hallways for levels, but there's so much more to it. And rage, goretastic, jump kicks etc. make the combat feel even more satisfying than in Souls games.

I love how games like this and Nioh are finally starting to come out. From has been able to rest on their laurels for far too long, letting the series stagnate. Maybe they'll start properly improving and innovating now that others are catching up.

Premium decals from mushrooms stew? They were never guaranteed. Premium means they are holo and never go away.
I don't think that's correct. The Barb's Bible entry for the mushroom club says a premium decal is always inside mushroom stew.

Anecdotally, I've always gotten a premium decal from the half dozen or so stews I've bought.

delSai

Can we talk about how awesome the song is that plays when The Jackals are introduced? That should definitely be the official anthem of the Let it Die community. I've listened to it at least 700 times by now.

I don't think that's correct. The Barb's Bible entry for the mushroom club says a premium decal is always inside mushroom stew.

Anecdotally, I've always gotten a premium decal from the half dozen or so stews I've bought.

I've gotten multiple normal ones. If the stew is rainbow they are premium, if it's just yellow/white they are normal.

Can we talk about how awesome the song is that plays when The Jackals are introduced? That should definitely be the official anthem of the Let it Die community. I've listened to it at least 700 times by now.
What's the name / track number of that one? People keep saying that, but I don't remember the song offhand.

Lucent

I want the yo yo! Lol. Also, 4 dons seems kinda low for 128 floors. Especially when you fight the first on floor 10. I'm guessing they'll introduce more bosses when we get further up?

I want the yo yo! Lol. Also, 4 dons seems kinda low for 128 floors. Especially when you fight the first on floor 10. I'm guessing they'll introduce more bosses when we get further up?

Yea that surprised me... Especially considering Don 2 is on floor 20. I'd assume one would follow for each of the next 10 floors as well. So that's a good hint they aren't the big wigs.

SilentRob

Wow. Really wished I knew you could press Down on the D-Pad to open the map at any time. Would have made the last 10 hours a lot easier.

So, yeah. Press Down. On the D-Pad. Because there is a Map. On Down. Damn you, Game.

Anyone found a good way to grind cash? Shit gets expensive

Bum rushing the bottom floors really quickly one punch man style. Boxes continue to give 600-1k coins, enemies give around 100 to start and goes up as you go up. Adds up very quickly. As long as you don't take too many detours into the areas that cause you to backtrack you can make about 1-2k Kill coins per minute. At least that's the best option I've found so far. There's raiding too I suppose. But that's more for Splith.

Top Bottom