• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nah. The ones who want pictures of their own dicks are the straights. You're gay when you want pictures of other people's dicks.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So Netflix Canada has two seasons of The 100 up. Worth a watch?

ya but the first few episodes of season one are a bit of a mess

Also the choker's teammates were basically pushing off the victim's teammates that were trying to separate them. tsk tsk.

true bros - defend your bro no matter what he's up to

A bit of an out of the blue question, but isn't taking pictures of your own penis (without the intention to send them to somebody else) a gay person thing?

zxvD8YZ.gif

you might as well say, having a penis makes you gay. hmm, that rhymes, so it must be true!

yep

Nah. The ones who want pictures of their own dicks are the straights. You're gay when you want pictures of other people's dicks.

yup

Kevyt

Slay Q.U.E.E.N. by Janelle Monáe. Buy it on iTunes. Stream it on Spotify and Apple Music.

Tbh.

I'll just channel my internet BFF and say yes it is. but season 2 is apparently >>>>>>>> season 1

(I've never actually watched it myself.)

GIF-God-jaw-drop-jurassic-park-look-mother-of-god-OMG-pay-attention-shocked-surprised-GIF.gif

Am I dreaming or did you just post in LettersGaf two times? O:

So Netflix Canada has two seasons of The 100 up. Worth a watch?

It's definitely worth watching. Season 1 starts kind of slow to me, and the first episodes didn't really grab my attention. I first thought that the acting was really bad and amateurish that I only watched the first episode of season one and I lost interest. For some reason I was able to make it though the next two episodes and that's when it started to pick up.

Season 2 is amazing btw. It's an amazing series and I'm super excited for Season 3.

Paging Icarus and Sheik

Oh and Jake, you need to fix that, so go and watch the 100.

Going to save that gif.

The cat's expression is priceless.

oh no! ran into that dude again today and he assured me to call me next week as promised (can't remember that deal). gah! I think it's time for the "I'm moving to Yemen"-excuse.

you might as well say, having a penis makes you gay. hmm, that rhymes, so it must be true!

Well like I always thought snapping pics of your dick of taking a video of you jacking it for your own consumption was a gay thing. I guess not.

halfbeast

Banned
Well like I always thought snapping pics of your dick of taking a video of you jacking it for your own consumption was a gay thing. I guess not.

what if they were told they wank strange, so they took a video just for themselves to see what they mean?

my ex told me that bodybuilder eat their own cum because of proteins, straight people are weird.

Burbeting

Banned
In other news, the gay rights movement in Finland has taken a slight step back with the iniative for banning gay marriage (that was legalized basically just six months ago) has gotten enough signatured so that the legislature will vote about the issue again... It looks like this talk will have no end here.

A bit of an out of the blue question, but isn't taking pictures of your own penis (without the intention to send them to somebody else) a gay person thing?

That is a really weird assumption to maken. The only thing that's a gay person thing is the attraction to the same sex, the rest is up to the individual.

That is a really weird assumption to maken. The only thing that's a gay person thing is the attraction to the same sex, the rest is up to the individual.

I think that gays are more likely to participate in some behaviors than others. For example, lesbians being in higher proportion in softball or tennis than in the general population.

i think that one is b/c people are reluctant to let them play baseball/pitch overhand

Oh I don't mean to imply that softball or tennis are inherently gay or that gay women are inherently drawn to them. But there is more to being gay than just who you want to fuck, despite what Art claims. I am sure most of us felt a bit different from the other children even before puberty and the development of sexual feelings.

Oh I don't mean to imply that softball or tennis are inherently gay or that gay women are inherently drawn to them. But there is more to being gay than just who you want to fuck, despite what Art claims. I am sure most of us felt a bit different from the other children even before puberty and the development of sexual feelings.

Like what?

I believe that the shit we go through makes us stronger than the average straight guy/person. Because we have thicker skin we do what we want and don't care(as much) what others think about it.

But other than that, it's just an orientation and it's separate from hobbies/interests and personality, and what have you.

DOWN

Banned
Like what?

I believe that the shit we go through makes us stronger than the average straight guy/person. Because we have thicker skin we do what we want and don't care(as much) what others think about it.

But other than that, it's just an orientation and it's separate from hobbies/interests and personality, and what have you.
I don't think it's all coincidence and culture that has left a lot more gay men in entertainment, art, publishing, fashion, etc. than straight men. Or why younger and older gays might have a much wider variety in their musical tastes, specifically with lots more openness or affinity towards pop. There's lots of personality traits that seem to be more common to gay men than among men in general or straight men.

No, these things aren't true for everyone, but those tendencies often start at a young age and outside of "gay culture."

Like what?

I stated that in my post. I'll quote it again in case you missed it:

I am sure most of us felt a bit different from the other children even before puberty and the development of sexual feelings.

Adding on to that, a lot of people "know" they are gay before they even know what "gay" is or before sexual feelings really develop. And some parents "know" their children are gay during their child's early formative years, before sexual feelings really develop. So there's obviously something more to being gay than just who you want to fuck. You ask "like what" but I'm not really quite sure how to tell you what "it" is. But whatever "it" is is what led many of us and our parents to be able to (correctly) conclude that we were different from straight people before our sexual feelings ever developed. Whether that "it" is biological or social in nature I've no clue. Whether that "it" is because of how we are treated by society, or if we are treated differently because of that "it" I don't know.

I don't think it's all coincidence and culture that has left a lot more gay men in entertainment, art, publishing, fashion, etc. than straight men. Or why younger and older gays might have a much wider variety in their musical tastes, specifically with lots more openness or affinity towards pop. There's lots of personality traits that seem to be more common to gay men than among men in general or straight men.

No, these things aren't true for everyone, but those tendencies often start at a young age and outside of "gay culture."

Yes, thank you for adding another point.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I make such a fool of myself with emotions. They should do vasectomies for feelings. EDIT: Lolz, I'm kind of already over it once I realized how what I want simply is not possible without major issues. Still, life is hard and if only people got 3 wishes...

In that case, you'd think, being the small yellow enchanted puzzle monkey that you are, that most gymnasts would be right up your alley!

Unfortunately, they are too tall. My natural hovering height is somewhere around their lovely ripped chests.

Ironically, I want to be an actor lol. But I'm still not convinced you can test this properly. In my experience most men in the entertainment industry seem to be straight, even here in the Netherlands where there's loads of gay/bi people in the industry who are open about it. It makes sense as most people are straight.

As for openness towards pop, I think society is very dumb about masculinity, see the threads in off topic about milk in coffee or straws being effeminate things. This leaves a lot of straight men insecure and less willing to admit to liking something or wanting to do/become something.

I stated that in my post. I'll quote it again in case you missed it:

Adding on to that, a lot of people "know" they are gay before they even know what "gay" is or before sexual feelings really develop. And some parents "know" their children are gay during their child's early formative years, before sexual feelings really develop. So there's obviously something more to being gay than just who you want to fuck. You ask "like what" but I'm not really quite sure how to tell you what "it" is. But whatever "it" is is what led many of us and our parents to be able to (correctly) conclude that we were different from straight people before our sexual feelings ever developed. Whether that "it" is biological or social in nature I've no clue. Whether that "it" is because of how we are treated by society, or if we are treated differently because of that "it" I don't know.

Yes, thank you for adding another point.

I didn't feel different from my friends as a kid so I can't relate to this. It wasn't until high school when I started developing my sexuality, and my family made me feel like crap for the following years with their dumb opinions. Anyhow, If you can't tell what ''it'' is, does ''it'' really exist? Does this ''it'' cause gays to take pics of their own penises without the intention to share them, and therefore causing it to be a gay person thing? I don't believe so.

And I never said being gay is about who you want to fuck, it's about who you want to share your life with, and(IMO) it also indicates a strength of character because of the shit we deal/have dealt with. Other than that, I don't believe in gay person things, or straight person things and what have you.

Ironically, I want to be an actor lol. But I'm still not convinced you can test this properly. In my experience most men in the entertainment industry seem to be straight, even here in the Netherlands where there's loads of gay/bi people in the industry who are open about it. It makes sense as most people are straight.

As for openness towards pop, I think society is very dumb about masculinity, see the threads in off topic about milk in coffee or straws being effeminate things. This leaves a lot of straight men insecure and less willing to admit to liking something or wanting to do/become something.

And I never said being gay is about who you want to fuck, it's about who you want to share your life with, and(IMO) it also indicates a strength of character because of the shit we deal/have dealt with. Other than that, I don't believe in gay person things, or straight person things and what have you.

I think you misunderstand what I mean by "gay person thing" I don't think that say, liking softball or tennis is a gay person thing in the sense that there's something inherent in gay women that draws them to those things. But for whatever reason, there seems to be something at work such that a large proportion of women in softball/tennis are actually lesbians, larger than would be expected given the proportion of lesbians in the general population.

So why do you think gay men are more likely to do something perceived as effeminate or masculine? Does this not clash with your claim that gay men are no different at all from straight men, except for who they have an attraction to? In a single post you seem to be suggesting that willingness to embrace femininity is a "gay person" thing (and also claimed that gays had thicker skin), and yet blasting me for daring to suggest that there's something either biological or cultural/social in nature that makes gays different beyond just who they have an attraction towards. Which is it Art?

I think you misunderstand what I mean by "gay person thing" I don't think that say, liking softball or tennis is a gay person thing in the sense that there's something inherent in gay women that draws them to those things. But for whatever reason, there seems to be something at work such that a large proportion of women in softball/tennis are actually lesbians, larger than would be expected given the proportion of lesbians in the general population.

So why do you think gay men are more likely to do something perceived as effeminate or masculine? Does this not clash with your claim that gay men are no different at all from straight men, except for who they have an attraction to? In a single post you seem to be suggesting that willingness to embrace femininity is a "gay person" thing (and also claimed that gays had thicker skin), and yet blasting me for daring to suggest that there's something either biological or cultural/social in nature that makes gays different beyond just who they have an attraction towards. Which is it Art?

Woahhh what, blasting you? settle down there cowboy. That's a whole load of assumptions in one post. All I said was that it's a weird assumption to make, which it is because there's no way in hell you can test it. And if that's not what you meant then don't call it that, it sounds like generalising.

I think gay men are more open to feminine things(for the lack of a better word, I think what's feminine and what's masculine is a dumb social construct) because of the thicker skin. I loved the new Cinderella film and I'm not afraid to admit it, I've been shit on for my sexuality, so why should I care about being shit on for some movie? I don't. Meanwhile, the boyfriends of my sister and a friend are worried about their masculinity going poof for watching this film and liking it. Just one example. I think the thicker skin makes us not give a shit about what's feminine and what's masculine, and therefore more open towards things, I've said this in my second reply to you in fewer words.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Wonderful. Spanish guys are hot.

Any favorites?

Woahhh what, blasting you? settle down there cowboy. That's a whole load of assumptions in one post. All I said was that it's a weird assumption to make, which it is because there's no way in hell you can test it. And if that's not what you meant then don't call it that, it sounds like generalising.

I think gay men are more open to feminine things(for the lack of a better word, I think what's feminine and what's masculine is a dumb social construct) because of the thicker skin. I loved the new Cinderella film and I'm not afraid to admit it, I've been shit on for my sexuality, so why should I care about being shit on for some movie? I don't. Meanwhile, the boyfriends of my sister and a friend are worried about their masculinity going poof for watching this film and liking it. Just one example. I think the thicker skin makes us not give a shit about what's feminine and what's masculine, and therefore more open towards things, I've said this in my second reply to you in fewer words.

Me, too! I feel like that movie got ignored more than it should have been. I thought the tweaks made to the story Disney already told in the animated movie were good ones (yay for Prince Charming falling in love at least in some part due to a conversation!), and in general it was quite enjoyable.

Any favorites?

Me, too! I feel like that movie got ignored more than it should have been. I thought the tweaks made to the story Disney already told in the animated movie were good ones (yay for Prince Charming falling in love at least in some part due to a conversation!), and in general it was quite enjoyable.

I honestly prefer it to the original, they made Cinderella and the prince a lot more likeable, they even bothered to give him a name haha.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's a really clean summer song. Very nice. Also, I'm about 70% into that music video. I really enjoyed the concept but started to get bored by the end. More scene variety would have been great.

It is a bit boring - I never watch the whole thing though. :3

My
tail
is a wonderful gift to this world.

fntqheufvmlpwxvnay6a.jpg

Dirty jokes make me feel dirty.

I really need to play that game!

feels good dont it

Any favorites?

I dont think id know them by name. Spain has a really hot soccer player!

HylianTom

Banned
I really need to play that game!

feels good dont it
Abso-friggin'-loutely.

It's one reason I refuse to get rid of my Wii; on the off chance that I ever have massive amounts of gaming time again in the future, I'm replaying it. Many, many nights were spent with HylianGreg trying to figure-out those stages.

And Mo Rocca? YES.

I don't think generalizations are bad in every single context. I was generalizing because I was trying to talk about something statistical in nature. You've just said that you felt gays had thicker skin. Should I simply dismiss your entire post because that's a generalization? Or should I use my brain and figure that you don't mean every gay person has a thicker skin and that every straight person has a thin skin? All I thought was that perhaps maybe possibly that taking pictures of your own penis without the intention to send them to someone was a behavior more often associated with gay men. Sort of like how softball or tennis are often associated with lesbians, because of the high proportion of lesbians in those areas relative to the general population.

I don't think generalizations are bad in every single context. I was generalizing because I was trying to talk about something statistical in nature. You've just said that you felt gays had thicker skin. Should I simply dismiss your entire post because that's a generalization? Or should I use my brain and figure that you don't mean every gay person has a thicker skin and that every straight person has a thin skin? All I thought was that perhaps maybe possibly that taking pictures of your own penis without the intention to send them to someone was a behavior more often associated with gay men. Sort of like how softball or tennis are often associated with lesbians, because of the high proportion of lesbians in those areas relative to the general population.

You are definitely allowed to dismiss it, it's just what I think. Though I feel my assumption is a lot less weird and random than yours, but that's just me.

You are definitely allowed to dismiss it, it's just what I think. Though I feel my assumption is a lot less weird and random than yours, but that's just me.

Forgive me for daring to ask a question in order to clarify whether a belief I had was correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom