• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Smokey

I mean I'm not sure that it really matters...but a big studio isn't attempting to do it. It took some indies to bring the vision to life. Hope it doesn't get Spored.

McNei1y

I really hope TLOU PS4 isn't $60. I've been meaning to play it again but I was about to sell my PS3 to my brother (which my TLOU is on) and I'm cheap and don't want to pay another $60. Seeing that remastered trailer brought back some feels though.

BigAT

I really hope TLOU PS4 isn't $60. I've been meaning to play it again but I was about to sell my PS3 to my brother (which my TLOU is on) and I'm cheap and don't want to pay another $60. Seeing that remastered trailer brought back some feels though.

I feel like they already said it's going to be $60? I don't know, think they mentioned something about that on a Bombcast. I think the justification is that it includes the DLC as well. I agree though, it does feel like a steep price.

TIME fucked up, showing off all of Nintendo's reveals too early. Sounds like someone there doesn't know how time zones work.

McNei1y

I feel like they already said it's going to be $60? I don't know, think they mentioned something about that on a Bombcast. I think the justification is that it includes the DLC as well. I agree though, it does feel like a steep price.

TIME fucked up, showing off all of Nintendo's reveals too early. Sounds like someone there doesn't know how time zones work.

Knowing me, I'm going to shell out the money anyway. I was just hoping they'd lower it to $40.

McNei1y

Thanks for clearing that up guys. Oh well.

I think my favorite trailer I've seen has to be NHL's trailer. That shit is just so awesome.

Smokey

The problem is, compared to Master Chief Collection, these remasters look like a joke for $60. They should be $40-$50.

Also y'all probably shit on me but whatever, Call of Duty AW actually looked good to me. I wasn't expecting those graphics from a COD. The weapons and shit they introduced looks like it'll spice up the formula. I'd rather get that then BF hardline at the moment..

So now Treyarch is the A team, Sledge Hammer B team, IW C team. AW looks way better than Ghosts ever did.

McNei1y

Didn't you play the shit out of Black Ops 2?

I agree with you on the remasters after the Master Chief box was announced. That's just too much goodness on one disc. Way too much goodness. It's going to be glorious.

Somnia

The problem is, compared to Master Chief Collection, these remasters look like a joke for $60. They should be $40-$50.

Also y'all probably shit on me but whatever, Call of Duty AW actually looked good to me. I wasn't expecting those graphics from a COD. The weapons and shit they introduced looks like it'll spice up the formula. I'd rather get that then BF hardline at the moment..

So now Treyarch is the A team, Sledge Hammer B team, IW C team. AW looks way better than Ghosts ever did.

This is the first COD I've been excited about since MW2 and that game was bunk garbage. I have high hopes for this new one with the new engine and scifi like elements.

Speaking of TLOU, I'll get it for $60 as it's one of my favorite games of the last generation, plus I never played the DLC... also I am 100% getting GTAV as I sold my old consoles before really playing it, so it'll be a new experience for me.

Mrbob

Only halo 2 remastered but it is good value for the money.

Advance Warfighter looks OK but it shouldn't be hard to to ghosts. I want to see more Evolve.

GTA5 will finally be playable.

Smokey

Didn't you play the shit out of Black Ops 2?

I agree with you on the remasters after the Master Chief box was announced. That's just too much goodness on one disc. Way too much goodness. It's going to be glorious.

Yes. And I platinumed Ghosts on PS4. BLOPS2 was legit. Ghosts was trash.

McNei1y

This is the first COD I've been excited about since MW2 and that game was bunk garbage. I have high hopes for this new one with the new engine and scifi like elements.

Speaking of TLOU, I'll get it for $60 as it's one of my favorite games of the last generation, plus I never played the DLC... also I am 100% getting GTAV as I sold my old consoles before really playing it, so it'll be a new experience for me.

I thought I was the only one getting GTA V (for PS4). My 360 broke back in January and I never finished the campaign and didn't play nearly enough of the multiplayer.

TLOU is a no brainer for me. Definitely top 3 game of the generation for me (mixed with the Mass Effect series and Red Dead Redemption). I, too, never played the DLC.

Only halo 2 remastered but it is good value for the money.

The fact that we can play every Halo's multiplayer online is unreal to me.

Yes. And I platinumed Ghosts on PS4. BLOPS2 was legit. Ghosts was trash.

Yea I heard Ghosts was dog shit. BLOPS2 was pretty entertaining online though.

Smokey

Madden 15
NBA2K15
Halo MCC
Destiny
COD AW
GTA V PC
No Mans Sky is forever

That's all I need bros, but probably not all that I will buy. Such diversity.

I stopped playing GTAV on my PS3 after a while because I had a feeling they'd put it on next gen. Sold it back to Target for $45 anyway.

Also, I think TLOU and Halo collection are both shitty values, but TLOU is a less shitty value. At least that game is only a year old.

Smokey

Yeah any reasonable person who plays games cannot with a straight face say the Halo collection is a terrible value.

Yeah any reasonable person who plays games cannot with a straight face say the Halo collection is a terrible value.

Are you honestly going to touch any of them besides Halo 2? Halo 1 was awful, you guys said Halo 4 was awful, and I doubt you'll go back to Halo 3.

McNei1y

I think the halo box deal is excellent. I'll certainly touch the multiplayers for all 4 games especially since all 4 are different and are all playable online. That's amazing to me.

Where is my Left 4 Dead 3?

Mrbob

I'm mad left 4 dead 3 didn't get announced. I also don't see the point of halo 5 multi anymore with the halo collection coming.

Mrbob

Glad you guys are excited for hyrule warriors!

Devils Third is now a Wii U exclusive, what the hell? Wii U becoming the action fans dream console.

Somnia

Nintendo wins E3, jesus. Their 2015 is looking insane also... Kirby, Yoshi, Xenoblade, Zelda gah

This holiday we get what, Bayoneta 1+2, Hyrule Warriors (whatever bob), Smash, we just got Mario Kart, Devils Third maybe? who knows Captain Toad... and wtf is this shooter game with paint?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nintendo hit on alot of games, but too many of them are 2015. Those needed to happen way sooner.

Smokey

Are you honestly going to touch any of them besides Halo 2? Halo 1 was awful,you guys said Halo 4 was awful, and I doubt you'll go back to Halo 3.

I now see what I'm dealing with here.

If you don't like Halo, and it sounds like you don't, then why would you get it in the first place. Halo 3 MP was not awful. Halo 2 MP was not awful. You're also getting Halo CE internet play, and Halo 4 will probably look decent at 1080p/60fps. Plus 100+ maps, and a beta to Halo 5. For the price of a regular game. In no way is that a bad deal whether you'll ever play a title or not. As a package it's fantastic.

Ferny

That Halo package is incredible. Don't Listen to Az. Even if you don't like Halo, four games with dedicated servers for multi on each one and remastered one of them in one package is a damn fine value.

Not to mention the playlists that will let you jump in and out of each game and it'll still load up the exact game engine is fantastic.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its a pretty good value. Aside from the fact that no one should want halo 4's multiplayer or maps mixed into their playlists.

Not enough to make me buy a xbox one, though.

Forget Halo shootbang its all about that Splatoon bruh

#1 Splatoon NA, book it!

open world zelda looks fucking amazing

enigma is in Smash bros... blackhoooooollleeeeeeee

Somnia

Already having buyer's remorse on this XB1, and I got it for $279.

I have't plugged in my X1 in ages, its literally collecting dust and right now there is nothing this holiday that will get me to turn it on other than Sunset. Halo is an amazing deal, but I am done with Halo.

Sony wise I'll have Destiny, GTAV, TLOU, Driveclub (only the free version), Assassins, Alien, Battlefield (and on pc, double dip fool I know) and probably COD... I will remove some stuff from that as I am lowering the amount of games I buy considerbly.

Honestly right now, WiiU is the most interesting platform I think lol

Top Bottom