• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

eznark

Banned
I'm still surprised that no teams have tried some sort of lineup revolving around Huskar. Something with Dazzle or Abaddon/Tree. Seems like there is a lot there to be potentially unleashed.

Best of ones (fuck all of you) really don't lend themselves to experimentation unless you are way behind after a day. Most teams that were any good still had a shot at making it, and I don't think Arrow is creative enough to try pocket strats.

I bet there will definitely be some cool lineups next weekend as teams try to figure out how to deal with all the strength heroes and with naga.

Meepo was pretty fucking awesome Naga counter. I bet he gets picked way more than normal. A Meepo Dazzle strat, where they all get buffed with weave could be cool.

BigAT

Best of ones (fuck all of you) really don't lend themselves to experimentation unless you are way behind after a day. Most teams that were any good still had a shot at making it, and I don't think Arrow is creative enough to try pocket strats.

I bet there will definitely be some cool lineups next weekend as teams try to figure out how to deal with all the strength heroes and with naga.

Meepo was pretty fucking awesome Naga counter. I bet he gets picked way more than normal. A Meepo Dazzle strat, where they all get buffed with weave could be cool.

I meant in general, not just at TI. New Huskar has been in CM for a while now and he has never really been used.

eznark

Banned
I meant in general, not just at TI. New Huskar has been in CM for a while now and he has never really been used.

What would he even be good for though? I mean he is good in pubs because there is no communication and tons of opportunity for pick offs, but in a pro game it seems like he was almost always be a kamikaze, even with dazzle to keep him alive, and he falls off pretty hard so he'd be garbage in a Chinese doto game.

One of the really interesting things from this weekend was the three or four times Veno was used as a core. I don't think he was ever used as a support. It failed every time but still, interesting evolution there.

BigAT

lol @ someone in the main thread saying that buying the compendium is worth it for the weather effects alone. crazy.

Yeah, I disabled those pretty quickly. The snow effects would be nice with the winter seasonal map, but it feels out of place otherwise. Moonbeam was just terrible. I really wish they could be sold on the marketplace so I could get rid of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKzTiNW1OY&feature=share

Bulldog completely whiffing on Sheever questions, now it's my time to make a move.

Yeah, I disabled those pretty quickly. The snow effects would be nice with the winter seasonal map, but it feels out of place otherwise. Moonbeam was just terrible. I really wish they could be sold on the marketplace so I could get rid of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKzTiNW1OY&feature=share

Bulldog completely whiffing on Sheever questions, now it's my time to make a move.

Soe would be so hot if she didn't have that god awful thigh tattoo.

I was reading about him on Reddit and it just seems like there's no real instance where he would work. He's too squishy, he requires too much mental math and he's countered by BKB. All he does is jump on someone and blow them up, but the kind of supports that are in vogue right now aren't really squishy enough for him to get away with this and his lack of escape plus his steroid hurting him just makes him too risky.

What would he even be good for though? I mean he is good in pubs because there is no communication and tons of opportunity for pick offs, but in a pro game it seems like he was almost always be a kamikaze, even with dazzle to keep him alive, and he falls off pretty hard so he'd be garbage in a Chinese doto game.

One of the really interesting things from this weekend was the three or four times Veno was used as a core. I don't think he was ever used as a support. It failed every time but still, interesting evolution there.

I was playing Veno core in pubs before like TI2 or TI3 when he was the hot shit support because I just assumed AGI = carry. It worked in pubs for the same reason any push heavy hero works in pubs, people are too uncoordinated to stop it.

I actually won a ranked game last night where my team was Zeus, Bloodseeker, Tinker, Nature's Prophet and Wind Ranger. The other team commended our "global" strategy but I'm pretty sure our captain was just troll picking (He said something like "We go Chine dota! Alliance mod mode on!"). The funniest part was someone on our team going "can't we all just push mid together once". In my head I kept going "that would be the worst possible thing for us to do with this lineup". The other team didn't take a single tower.

Naturally the next game where our captain actually decided he had a strategy in mind ("I want a stun heavy team fight line up!") failed miserably because the other team took Silencer who just shit all over us.

Ferny

Rors, let's go find Somnia and kick his ass. He's most likely watching girls with low cut shirts on Twitch right now.

eznark

Banned
It's too bad puppey is such a miserable bitch, he could probably be set as a commentator given his history. Instead I predict he'll start a team with AA, LoH and Era. Demon will end up on it somehow. They'll be the new Mouz and Somnia will have to root for a bunch of Na'Vi rejects.

eznark

Banned
Either at work, working out or playing Wildstar!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Skele7on

Banned
Super stoked to see the Lions come out this year under a new coach.

I think although we won't win the division we'll actually play some decent football this year.

brentech

Anyone else tried out that F2P PS4 game 'War Thunder'?
Only played a couple of sessions, but I kind of like it. Just hope it opens up as you level.

There was an old game available through AOL that I played as a kid that had a semi persistent world. Probably the first MMO type game I played. Think it was called Air Warrior now I look it up. You could build squads with friends and fly a big bomber with friends as gunners and such.

Anyways, always wanted a current version of that. This has the potential but I have read much about it to know how limited it is.

Anyone else tried out that F2P PS4 game 'War Thunder'?
Only played a couple of sessions, but I kind of like it. Just hope it opens up as you level.

There was an old game available through AOL that I played as a kid that had a semi persistent world. Probably the first MMO type game I played. Think it was called Air Warrior now I look it up. You could build squads with friends and fly a big bomber with friends as gunners and such.

Anyways, always wanted a current version of that. This has the potential but I have read much about it to know how limited it is.

i downloaded it and opened it. the text was so fucking small. i never got around to playing it though... on account of the small text!

Top Bottom