• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

You're writing about torture?

...I also need to get back to writing myself..

I mean, I am writing about torture, but it's not the sole focus. More of a by-product from the heroine being betrayed. Managed the first part of it fine, then it kinda stalled in a bit of a dialogue/exposition hell. Which, is not what I wanted.

You can start with stuff like Tatoe Hai Ni Natte Mo, trash. and DEAD Tube. If you want something more 'refined', Shintaro Kago is pretty good (I'd suggest Korokoro Soushi). If you're feeling much much more adventurous, check out Uziga Waita, but you'd better be prepared.

But really, Chotto Kawaii Iron Maiden.

Always bet on Zweizer. Unless Zweier also mixed in Torture hentai. Then never bet on Zweizer.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Nanatsu no Tiazai Every now and then this manga has something truly great in it. This chapter is two things, 1. This hell of a punishment like jeeeeeez. It's not something I haven't seen before, but the presentation was top notch. 2. that Supreme Deity design. The Godess designs are so weird and I kind of love them.

Arabesque

Who made this bloody thing? Do they think the female body is a centaur where the butt is basically perpendicular to the torso?

It has been a long while since I last checked the manga, but from what I recall, the primary race that the character in that gif belong to are genderless/androgynous.

It's sort of an interesting dichotomy with seeing how the designs are clearly coded to be female but the way they are addressed male/ambiguous to many in the cast.

But it has been a while, so I might be misremembering it.

Who made this bloody thing? Do they think the female body is a centaur where the butt is basically perpendicular to the torso?

lol you're prepared for it as soon as you see the vol.1 cover

CeeoUXXW8AEPLgg.jpg

Arabesque

I actually forgot this is running in Afternoon magazine, maybe that's how I first came in contact with the series.

lol you're prepared for it as soon as you see the vol.1 cover

I forgot if they ever did anything more with the whole genderless aspect of the story, though it was a curious aspect of the first volume.

Did they ever go further with it?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I remember Battle royale and monster having torture scene that make me winch. MPD psycho is damn good at showing torture after effect, i literally have a nightmare after seeing girl in the box scene.
Tokyo akazukin, i remember it having gruesome torture scene and lot of dark right. Oh right, can't forget classic like Ichi the killer. I think my balls shrunk a bit seeing the torture in that manga

I actually forgot this is running in Afternoon magazine, maybe that's how I first came in contact with the series.

I forgot if they ever did anything more with the whole genderless aspect of the story, though it was a curious aspect of the first volume.

Did they ever go further with it?

Besides the mix of masculine pronouns and feminine appearances? Nope

Though there's a small joke where the main character finds another person's boobs to be odd

Arabesque

Besides the mix of masculine pronouns and feminine appearances? Nope

Though there's a small joke where the main character finds another person's boobs to be odd

Hmm, shame, since I thought it was the most interesting part of the series (and the thing that stuck with me even after not reading it for a long period of time).

mdubs

Banned
Finally catching up on all the manga I've missed over the past few weeks.

Promised Neverland is still so damn good.

We Never Learn is really growing on me. Uruka is becoming my favourite and I hope she wins.

Shuudan is fun, and I hope against hope that their pick it up since they didn't pick up Sesuji Wo Pin

Robot x Lazerbeam is very meh. I can't keep track of all of the upperclassmen, and I'm not really invested in Robo though he's starting at least a little bit of character development

Dr. Stone is getting really interesting now that he's trying to build his own science kingdom, and I think it's hitting it's stride more now.

Cross Account's first chapter is DOA

Shokugeki is bless now that it's Rindo's time to shine

Dr. Stone

Oh nice, if he is actually going to use the characters I picked for best of the 40 for future plot purposes (chrome, titan, ginro, are best of the 40) ill be hyped.

Food Wars

Soma's team will win all these, I think. His team is being very creative and in control.

Cross Account 3

Good chapter, though I dont see how this can really become a long manga, actually it could have ended here and been just a really good short manga.

Weekly Shonen Jump 7/3/17

We Never Learn

I do find it funny how Fumino somehow went from one of the lead girls to third girl with no chance to win the harem battle since she's the one aware of the harem drama. For being so into literature you'd think she'd be able to recognize the generic harem situation her tutor finds himself in and address it with him. Of course that would require someone in a harem series to use their brain so it's not gonna happen.

One Piece

Luffy and Sanji would fuck the plan immediately, still expecting Judge to be the only one left behind and sacrifice himself to save the others.

The Promised Neverland

So demons are humanoid underneath their creepy mask things. Looks like we're gonna get some big bomb drops next week.

Dr Stone

I guess the team behind this feels comfortable of their longterm success dropping 40 new characters into the series out of nowhere. Senku and his science magic is gonna create a lot of entertaining situations with these super primitive people. Wonder if we'll get a planet of the apes esque scenario where science is "forbidden" because it lead to the petrification of the world.

Food Wars

Megishima getting treated this round like Nene did last round, like a jobber. He's gonna be destroyed by Rindo.

Cross Account

This is so fucking dead, 3 chapters and we STILL don't even have the basic set up finished yet. This series shouldn't be in jump it should be in another magazine probably a monthly shoujo.

Robot x Laserbeam

I really do wonder if this series will end after this match. It feels like the series jumped from robo training to a match really quickly.

My Hero Academia

Back to back big fucking hero moments was so hype

Hunter x Hunter

I feel I need to reread this arc cause I have no idea whats going on

One Punch Man

Oh man who can possibly stop the monster society?

Zweizer

Banned
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch26

Manana sure likes to overthink things. At least it's a good proof of their bond.

Candidate for the most obtuse confession of the year.

Prison School ch257

No winners, but Gakuto lost, lol.

Elf-san wa Yaserarenai. ch7

Dude sure is swimming in monster girls. At least someone's ass works well as a buoy.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch590

Jun is like Trump: a sexist bully and coward with the mental fortitude of a five-year old.

Zweizer

Banned
I am not a Succubus! ch1 by Horitomo

A (let's admit) voluptuous girl transfers to the countryside to start her high school life. Having been saddled with health issues during middle school caused her to have not much of a social life, and she hopes to start anew by living in a new, unknown place. Plus, she's pretty fascinated by ajin, monster girls of sorts.

Too bad, her clumsy demeanor coupled with her appearance cause the ajin to mistake her for a succubus.

It's pretty much yuri Monster Musume, which is all it needed to be an instant success.

A (let's admit) voluptuous girl transfers to the countryside to start her high school life. Having been saddled with health issues during middle school caused her to have not much of a social life, and she hopes to start anew by living in a new, unknown place. Plus, she's pretty fascinated by ajin, monster girls of sorts.

Too bad, her clumsy demeanor coupled with her appearance cause the ajin to mistake her for a succubus.

It's pretty much yuri Monster Musume, which is all it needed to be an instant success.

okay I'll read it you don't have to force me.
Well, its not too bad. I definitely see many lewd situations happening. It would be funny if she really was a succubus though.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan ch.590

WTF am I reading right now?

He ran out of his own house to go hug Tomo because Carol scared him?

This is beyond frustrating, Jun's level of emotional maturity and mental fortitude is equal to an infant's...

Yeah that was something else.
I'm honstely not sure where this is going.
Probably nowhere.

Fairy Tail 542

It's actually quite impressive how tensionfree this manga has become.
I mean, good guys winning and stuff is pretty standard, but you could actually kill off all the main cast in the most gruesome way in one chapter and it still wouldn't matter, because they never die and friendship wins over immense power differences all the time.
And getting the big badass dragon on a ship to make him dizzy has to be the dumbest endgame strategy every.

Scum

Lewd!

Chase17

WNL 20-21
Decent chapters. This must be caught up by now.

One Piece 870
Hope this isn't the big sanji/germa 66 payoff. Sanji/Luffy going out to help is about what you'd expect.

Promised Neverland 65
I like this twist. Wonder if there was something in particular that tipped Ray off. Was expecting Ray/Emma to be split up longer. Next chapter should be interesting.

Dr. Stone 17
Senku's science stuff (even small things) impressing people should be fun throughout this series. The character name dump page is funny. Hope Chalk has a key role.

Cross Account 03
This isn't too good. Last two chapters have felt fairly pointless. Guess we may have more fodder to keep RxL barely afloat.

Robot x Laserbeam 15
One of the strongest chapters of the series so far. I enjoyed the Kazama bits. Robo fist clench/then hit was hype. I do wonder if this will be end game for the series though. I could see Robo beats golf hisoka=>Youzan shows up, plays Robo => rematch ends in draw again => "let's keep getting better at golf => end

The guy Robo's playing is pretty much the best, so if he comes close to winning I guess we will know the series is ending soon lol. Would explain why we kind of jumped all golf training into this.

MHA 143
Loved everything about this chapter. Horikoshi does a good job of making somewhat odd powers pretty cool.

HxH 362
Enjoyed this chapter a lot. The set up for this arc has been great. Nen beasts are neat. I like how he is selling this guy as an overwhelming evil.

Looked for the next shuudan chapter but looks like no one is translating it, yet anyways..

K・O・I 01-04

6SqdBc7.jpg

Not only does the cross dressing boy have the best singing voice he also has a horse dick and causes his room-mate to have orgasms with his voice. dis gon b gud

orochi91

K・O・I 01-04

6SqdBc7.jpg

Not only does the cross dressing boy have the best singing voice he also has a horse dick and causes his room-mate to have orgasms with his voice. dis gon b gud

What manga is this?

Google doesn't turn up anything when I search "K・O・I".

Fairy Tail 542

YES, Acnologia! Screw that "friends are my hope" nonsense. Show them the meaning of despair.

He'll still lose in the end, but I appreciate the effort.

Top Bottom