• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

mdubs

Banned
Naoshi Komi is further up in line to make his glorious return to the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump though, let it never be forgotten

kasane

I miss the old mangaf squad.

Where you at peeps. May we shitpost about waifus, hate on toriko and critique smut like its a masterpiece of literature

TRK was legit shook by wonzo. Even if i was like goddamn

kasane

That was when TWGOK ended too and tenri stans were getting triggered hard.

gosu 83

Tone shift works really well. I miss the restaurant peeps.

I liked Toriko early on but when they went full power level, like most manga, it turned to utter garbage. And then it...skipped entire arcs? And just...ugh.

Numb

I liked Toriko early on but when they went full power level, like most manga, it turned to utter garbage. And then it...skipped entire arcs? And just...ugh.

You don't like the entire main cast almost getting defeated by the aura coming off a 10000 year old footprint?
Imean..yh

kasane

Dakku just posting smut on twitter and not neogaf :( also scy is gonw :(
XiLLG79.jpg

At least i have this akb cover

Looks at previous page of Toriko hate... Just makes me miss Toriko more then actually hating the hate comments T_T

Also the Toriko art is great... don't make me get out the OLD ASS Toriko screencaps.

TheFlow

Banned
Toriko has better art than HXH

anyway I am so happy that Haikyuu has reached its 5th anniversary and 250 chapters! wooh. can't wait to see the spread.

Looks at previous page of Toriko hate... Just makes me miss Toriko more then actually hating the hate comments T_T

Also the Toriko art is great... don't make me get out the OLD ASS Toriko screencaps.
Toriko had some of the best art per chapter before it ended.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I actually liked Toriko better when it started power creeping and I rarely say that about anime/manga. It was always ridiculous and the power creep just allowed it to fully live up to its potential.

I actually liked Toriko better when it started power creeping and I rarely say that about anime/manga. It was always ridiculous and the power creep just allowed it to fully live up to its potential.

The art also got a lot better when it went power creep, less 90's liefeld's disease

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch. 165

That delinquent pose at the end, oh my god.

Kasane ch. 26

Not that Kasane wasn't already plenty cracked, but she seems to be cracking even further. Can't believe we're seven volumes behind now. Wish Kodansha would license this for an English release so I can read more, even if digital only. They can take back Deathtopia in exchange.

If Mitsutoshi went and actually did some fighting/horror seinen series then I would be so happy

even more if it was somehow scifi based with alien monsters
--------
pacing-wise the beginning of the gourmet world was great but clearly the dude got the axe somewhere down the line and decided to cut tons of content in order to get to his end goal (even though he clearly wanted a space arc)

still somehow made a more complete story then Bleach.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If Toriko was allowed to keep going it would have eventually turned into TTGL. Toriko is eating galaxies and fighting giant space gods and shit.

Kasane ch. 26

Not that Kasane wasn't already plenty cracked, but she seems to be cracking even further. Can't believe we're seven volumes behind now. Wish Kodansha would license this for an English release so I can read more, even if digital only. They can take back Deathtopia in exchange.

Is this about the poster orrrr...

The days when i shit posted toriko endlessly. Almost got me banned also

This gem from the best manga thread

LOL

The memories of the ether Wonzo would dish out at the guy.

I would usually troll its sales since it wasn't great, especially with the monumental push it got from Jump

Shouta

i feel you

feelsbadman
cBj1LTf.png

the days of cannibalistic desires. and yeah jump tried to shove toriko down everyones throats

If they had just properly addressed and concluded the entire reason why the manga started, it would have been satisfying enough but noooooo, that fucking ending. >=|

Zweizer

Banned
any good trashy series/harems running these days?

I've been out of the loop for a while

You still haven't read Keijo yet, have you?

Otherwise, these might fit your criterias:

Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.
Rokudou no Onna-tachi
Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte.
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen

The days when i shit posted toriko endlessly. Almost got me banned also

This gem from the best manga thread

wonzo knew how to bring out the burns:

that toriko art looks about as inexperienced as the underage prostitute the author was diddling

I like to think I'm worth 5 mangagaf poster

It depends which posters~

cntr

Banned
that wonzo quote just reminds me of why i used to not post in these threads, tbh

Well, if you guys think otherwise, what can I say? It's certainly not my intention to try and change your mind.
Although, I'm curious to know what you consider his "high point", art-wise. Before he stopped giving a crap.
(that was a pun)

Zweizer

Banned
wonzo is unfiltered as fuck, and has no patience for series he dislikes, which most of the time are generic, unimaginative shit, or are from less than respectable authors (seriously, ask him about his opinion of Isayama about his denial of Japanese war crimes), but he's great at finding and suggesting little-known series and forgotten old gems, with unusual art and premises.

Not a poster you'd want to hang around with if you didn't have a thicker skin concerning series you like, of course.

Lucky for you he got sick of GAF and mostly sticks to Twitter now.

cntr

Banned
wonzo was actually pretty alright from what I remember of him, and his recommendations were pretty good. I wouldn't be bothered if he was the only guy like that.

But he wasn't, and the thread used to be filled a ton of... unpleasant people who brushed it off as "just trolling" or whatever. That's what I'm remembering, and that's what I'm glad is over with. (...at least, for now.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
wonzo was actually pretty alright from what I remember of him, and his recommendations were pretty good. I wouldn't be bothered if he was the only guy like that.

But he wasn't, and the thread used to be filled a ton of... unpleasant people who brushed it off as "just trolling" or whatever. That's what I'm remembering, and that's what I'm glad is over with. (...at least, for now.)
Eh, I usually found him obliviously abrasive in a way that made interacting with him rarely worth it.

Droplet

I really miss how many relatively obscure and interesting titles I could find by reading this thread. I really did check out a lot of what was posted, whether it was wonzo or dakku or even DTL (and naturally Zweizer), and I tried to at least post a little bit about what I found interesting or new just as a way of sort of...paying it forward? I have things I've been wanting to talk about, but if it's just Wednesday gaf lite, then it doesn't really feel like there's much of a point.

Zweizer

Banned
Right now Battleship, Oni, striferser, Nordicus et al. are still pretty active at finding interesting new series, but there's a noticeable lack of push for older series, which used to be wonzo and Dresden's domain. At least we still have Usobuko.

Top Bottom