• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk ~251

So we now have an antagonist for Griffith's half of the plot in the Demon Emperor. Seeing the new hawk fighting demons is awesome though I do kind of wish we knew more about the new hawk as opposed to the little snippets we received. Honestly while I like the two separate stories Gut's and Griffith's paths need to cross more for that's when the series truly shines.

Also I have to say, while I did like chibi Puck at times for comedy moments, having chibi puck more or less be the only puck for 95% of his panel time has gotten old.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Berserk ~251

So we now have an antagonist for Griffith's half of the plot in the Demon Emperor. Seeing the new hawk fighting demons is awesome though I do kind of wish we knew more about the new hawk as opposed to the little snippets we received. Honestly while I like the two separate stories Gut's and Griffith's paths need to cross more for that's when the series truly shines.

Also I have to say, while I did like chibi Puck at times for comedy moments, having chibi puck more or less be the only puck for 95% of his panel time has gotten old.

That's pretty much default puck now unfortunately.

Also I think we'll die of old age before Guts and Griffith meets again.

Berserk ~262

So Loli mage has a crush on Guts -.- though it is more annoying that Guts continues to not tell his companions the truth behind his past and his brand.

So is there something I'm missing about berserk's chapter count I don't understand how one place's chapter 262 is another's 246 :/

Wiseblade

If anything, Puck is holding Ishi back.

Wiseblade's Berserk tier list

God Killer Tier
Guts

Top Tier
Casca

High Tier
Isidro
Serpico
Isma

Mid Tier
Skull Knight
Silat
Brain Dead Casca

Low Tier
Puck
Farnese
Schierke

Must Die Tier
Griffith

upandaway

Because Puck knows the most about Guts, I always try to find any subtleties in him in reaction to stuff, but it never comes. Makes me kinda sad :(

I like him either way though. Ishi-man too.

Antiwhippy

Ocha Nigosu 76

Fuck yes funebashi.

zswnKj5.png

Always fun to see him show up some arrogant pricks.

Fairy Tail

Alright Mashima. We all know how this fight is going to go down. Just bring on the epic dragon invasion already!

Can't you please make the fight like five pages a la what you have practically while we see what exactly the Sonic Adventure 2 cannon is going to do? Please?

Anyways, good chapter. Let's hope that we get something amazing here.

Wishful thinking I know :(

survivor

Banned
It is wonderful isn't it. It's very hard for me to describe how I felt reading through the whole thing, but the best I could come up is that it is incredibly serene.

If you want more of the same bit with a different subject matter check out kabu no isaki.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely gonna read Kabu no Isaki next. Just waiting for the translations to finish up so I can read it in one go.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
DEVIL SURVIVOR 2

The art is kind of rough; which is a shame considering this is made I guess as a part of promotional material for the new Devil Survivor 2 update for the 3DS?

Although to be fair the chapters are tad longer than a typical manga chapter... and...

untitled.jpg

D'awwwwwwww, that look of love~

Ocha Nigosu 76

Fuck yes funebashi.

http://i.imgur.com/zswnKj5.png[IMG]

Always fun to see him show up some arrogant pricks.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, I ship him so hard with the President. I usually not the kind of fan who are involved in shipping or what-have-you but damn it, I have a really soft spot for couples with clashing personalities like this and both together they are so goddamn adorable.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dont you mean for the anime thats starting in a few days?

Well, the anime itself is promotional material for the new Devil Survivor 2 3DS version, so I suppose then the manga still counts as promotional material for the game right? Although in a bit roundabout way, hahaha.

cause the manga was running months before the game was announced.

Bahh your late edit.

Well, I don't know that, hummm. I thought it's a recent release, my mistake then.

Antiwhippy

Not gonna lie, I ship him so hard with the President. I usually not the kind of fan who are involved in shipping or what-have-you but damn it, I have a really soft spot for couples with clashing personalities like this and both together they are so goddamn adorable.

If you ship people with clashing personalities than wouldn't it be with Kaho? :p

Unless you mean clashing by being very different, instead of actually clashing.

survivor

Banned
Gisele Alain 13

Eric, why are you leaving? Who the hell is Gisele supposed to work with now? Some big developments are happening and we are just 13 chapters in. I suppose Gisele will be getting a new partner maybe.

---

I tried to watch Solanin movie, but it turned out it's 2 hours long and it's already too late. I suppose I will watch it tomorrow, but I really hope the movie will have good pacing.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If anything, Puck is holding Ishi back.

Wiseblade's Berserk tier list

*Shit List just cuz*
This is wrong.

Put Griffith in the Top Tier. Puck goes to mid tier. Kink Far...Wait, let me do MY list, which will be auto-superior, breh.

Right Berserk tier list

God Killer Tier
Guts

God Tier
Griffith

Top Tier
Skull Knight
Casca

High Tier
Isidro
Isma
Serpico
Kink-Farnese

Mid Tier
Brain Dead Casca
Puck

Low Tier
Farnese
Schierke

Must Die Tier
Everyone else because they will die. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is wrong.

Put Griffith in the Top Tier. Puck goes to mid tier. Kink Far...Wait, let me do MY list, which will be auto-superior, breh.

Right Berserk tier list

God Killer Tier
Guts

God Tier
Griffith

Top Tier
Skull Knight

High Tier
Isidro
Isma
Serpico
Kink-Farnese
Casca

Mid Tier
Brain Dead Casca
Puck

Low Tier
Farnese
Schierke

Must Die Tier

Nice list but Caska needs to be up there with Skull Knight.

That last tier made me laugh.

Griffith

Banned
Space Brothers Vol 9-10

The part with Hibito crashing on the moon, being stranded and slowly running out of oxygen was great, and the I loved the conversation between Him and Mutta at the end.

This new training arc looks interesting and I'm glad Nitta is getting more development as he was the least developed of the group.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Space Brothers Vol 9-10

The part with Hibito crashing on the moon, being stranded and slowly running out of oxygen was great, and the I loved the conversation between Him and Mutta at the end.

This new training arc looks interesting and I'm glad Nitta is getting more development as he was the least developed of the group.
I totally didn't get your tag until just now.

This is wrong.

Right Berserk tier list

God Killer Tier
Guts

God Tier
Griffith

Top Tier
Skull Knight
Casca

High Tier
Isidro
Isma
Serpico
Kink-Farnese

Mid Tier
Brain Dead Casca
Puck

Low Tier
Farnese
Schierke

Must Die Tier

Keen-Clapping-After-Loss.gif

Beautiful list, Stat Bro.

survivor

Banned
Touch vol 2

For a second I forgot I was reading a baseball manga. It's not a problem though since the slice of life aspects are pretty solid.

survivor

Banned
Touch vol 3

hmmmmmm
ibk86tqaMsyMPo.jpg

I can't wait until we get to high school so some baseball action can start. I wonder what position Harada will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom