• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous. Nami, Robin and Rebecca all look almost the same. You can only tell them apart by hairstyle and outfits.

I think it's not just about the shape of the face since Robin still retain her nose line, albeit looking very minor nowl. What makes them look very similar to each other is becuase of their expressions really similar to each other, whether it's situational and default character.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If you're going to age characters, do it gradually. Don't just have a timeskip and change the art of everyone after keeping it mostly the same forever.

Shengar

If you're going to age characters, do it gradually. Don't just have a timeskip and change the art of everyone after keeping it mostly the same forever.

Oda do it gradually with Nami's and Robin's hair, but the male characters seems immune from growth except for Sanji's goatee. And oh, Chopper's body got smaller as his gradually bigger since his first appearance.

But that's hard. Sometimes artists just want people to get scars and shit and not have to show it.

Arakawa always done that. She makes Ed grows taller as FMA goes on. Also she does the same to Vice President in Silver Spoon, though apparently she just remembered to make him look growing in chapter 80s-early 90s.

Kingdom 160

93656b46_dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Lain

Kimi wa Pet vol 1

The story of a disgruntled office worker who finds a cute guy living in a box and takes him in as her pet. Pretty absurd concept, but outside of the master and pet relationship, the rest is josei angst which is decent enough to keep reading. I'm also trying to figure out where this dead eyes style of the art is from. I know I have seen it before, but I can't pinpoint which manga exactly.

In a way it reminds of Moyoco Anno, though Yayoi Ogawa draws better imho. Moyoco Anno herself reminds me of someone else though, which I don't remember the name of.
Also, I think Kimi wa Pet is awesome, though I'm a big fan of Yayoi Ogawa.

Furyous

I'm so lost in Wonted that it's not even funny.

Can anyone help me find the name of a manga that began either this year or late last year that involves a boy finding/getting gifted a talking motorcycle?

Mortemis

Banned
One of the things I really didn't like about post time-skip Robin is that she looks a lot like Hancock now and not like how she used to be. Sometimes when she's small in a panel I get confused thinking Hancock showed up or something. What happened to Robin's defined nose, or small details like that.

Nowadays Oda just draws Hancock or Nami over and over, with different hairstyles. And seeing how Nami changes her hairstyle a lot, shit gets confusing.

That's some twilight shit right there.

Basically.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 24

And here comes but I really did like her blah blah

ARAIDOKI 24

Haha, the club is now a cell phone photo club.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 25

Even a tsundere can ride a bike.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 24

It's war on the priority seats on a bus.

In a Heartbeat 23

Feeeeeeeelings

Oh God! Dear God! 04

Solving Japan's population problem by duplicating everyone

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Actually, Chopper did grow over the timeskip. Rather, his Reindeer form grew. As did his other forms. Except the one that sells merch.

Nisekoi 115:
This series has been a mixed bag so far. It started out REALLY strong, then gradually slowed down and settled on character development through separate stories between events. As much as I've been into it, it was getting pretty boring. Thankfully, the chapters of this little event where we get to learn more about a secondary character have been great. Even though it is a "trope" event, it felt different while maintaining the tone that made the series good in the first place. Hopefully the author starts to speed things up, or at least make some developments for the main story happen.
Nisekoi 118:
what
Nisekoi 119:
OH COME THE FUCK ON
Nisekoi 120:
"Once you find out whom you made the promise to, will you really be able to fall in love with her?"
YES. YES HE WILL BECAUSE THAT IS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THIS.
LITERALLY THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT.
AAAAAAAARGH.

Dolls Fall Chapter 1-8

From the Corpse Party writer, huh? How bad could it b-

*gets to end of chapter 1*

iKwKmk5jLqnrH.gif

*continues*

Well gee it sure was nice of them to MS Paint spray over the privates, that would've fucked me up otherwise!

Shengar

Actually, Chopper did grow over the timeskip. Rather, his Reindeer form grew. As did his other forms. Except the one that sells merch.

Yeah, that's what I mean. A reader even take notice that Chopper's hybrid form become more chibi compared to his first appearance in Drum Kingdom.

I kinda felt bad for the guy, especially since Luffy got the place he would possibly kill for instead.
Don't worry, Ivankov's Newkama Kenpo really worthed it.

Hayate no Gotoku 450

A-tan nooooooo. Don't fall for the plot development guy.

I honestly want Hayate to just get back together with Athena and be done with it. They still love each other and it was really out of the mold for a MC to have a say in who he or she ends up with and not have it feel like it was because the writers told them to.

...But that's not gonna happen and we're getting a unresolved harem end. Or a "Nagi wins Waifu Bowl XVI so magically Hayate's feelings change" ending.

kasane

I honestly want Hayate to just get back together with Athena and be done with it. They still love each other and it was really out of the mold for a MC to have a say in who he or she ends up with and not have it feel like it was because the writers told them to.

...But that's not gonna happen and we're getting a unresolved harem end. Or a "Nagi wins Waifu Bowl XVI so magically Hayate's feelings change" ending.

athena for winning girl

survivor

Banned
In a way it reminds of Moyoco Anno, though Yayoi Ogawa draws better imho. Moyoco Anno herself reminds me of someone else though, which I don't remember the name of.
Also, I think Kimi wa Pet is awesome, though I'm a big fan of Yayoi Ogawa.

Yeah I was thinking of Moyoco Anno although I wasn't quite sure since I haven't read her stuff in a long time. Which reminds me, I do need to check out her manga that was picked up by CR.

kasane

VITA IS SAVED. RURI IS GETTING A ROUTE.

RURI ROUTE

RURI ROUTE

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST LIKE HIBIKI IS THE BEST AMAGAMI GIRL!!

Off topic but when friends say they'll visit you so you clean and cook and shit and then they bail out at the end is so fuckign annoying

im gonna defriend them

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece 610

Okay, which one of you guys sent Oda the request for the title page?

Rhapsody

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku 450

Colored page was pretty funny. And Athena is still an awesome character. She needs more panels.
Nisekoi 120:
"Once you find out whom you made the promise to, will you really be able to fall in love with her?"
YES. YES HE WILL BECAUSE THAT IS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THIS.
LITERALLY THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT.
AAAAAAAARGH.

Not really...? My guess is that whoever he ends up falling in love with (Chitoge imo) won't end up being the one he made the promise to.
Raku's said it before that even if Onodera wasn't the girl he made the promise to, the one he's in love with now is what really matters.

It's just a matter of who he ends up committing himself to now at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom