• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Noblesse 322

All sorts of interesting things are happening in-world. Too bad I don't really feel anythings towards them.

Gbraga

MangaGAF, help me out here. I'm up to date with KissxSis now, but I want more cute senseis in love with their students. Anything I should read? If it's ecchi, even better.

Kiryuu-sensei is so cute :D

MangaGAF, help me out here. I'm up to date with KissxSis now, but I want more cute senseis in love with their students. Anything I should read? If it's ecchi, even better.

I could go for a few more of these as well. Reminds me that I need to rewatch Please Teacher sometime soon, it's a priority one.

upandaway

Only if you tell us what your top 5 manga are

Minamoto Monogatari has a teacher arc

Zweizer

Banned
Nekogurui Minako-san ch1-29

Well, I wanted to check what the fuss what about cat ahegaos.

pKMh4P6.jpg

Welp. That's about how I felt. ┐('~`;)┌

I guess it delivered. At least it was a short read, and the over-the-top expressions are kind of disturbingly hilarious.

Nejimaki Kagyu? (´∀`)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

The aptly named Sensei!

There's also A method to make the gentle world but I wouldn't call it generally cute. Has a cute teacher.

Romance of the 3 Kingdom Hearts.

Onodera is Shu because BENEVOLENCE. Ruri is Zhuge Liang.
Chitoge is Wei because she's the most violent and she's going to win. Tsugumi is Xiahou Dun / Dian Wei / whatever.
Marika is Wu because she's the best.
Yui is Dong Zhuo or someone else I don't care about.

someone knows the best kingdom

Gbraga

Only if you tell us what your top 5 manga are

Minamoto Monogatari has a teacher arc

Top 5? That would be really hard to remember and rank them all >_<

But my favorite would be 20th Century Boys.

A quick google search tells me Minamoto Monogatari looks good, but what's up with boobs and no boobs on the same page? Fan edit or uncensored version?

I could go for a few more of these as well. Reminds me that I need to rewatch Please Teacher sometime soon, it's a priority one.

I never did! Probably should.

Nejimaki Kagyu? &#65288;´&#8704;&#65344;&#65289;

WTF, this looks really weird hahahaha

I might have to look into that.

The aptly named Sensei!

There's also A method to make the gentle world but I wouldn't call it generally cute. Has a cute teacher.

I like the art, will check it out too.

I was about to start Prison School, but with this many sensei mangas, it'll have to wait :3

LeleSocho

Banned
Nekogurui Minako-san ch1-29

Well, I wanted to check what the fuss what about cat ahegaos.

Welp. That's about how I felt. &#9488;('&#65374;`&#65307;)&#9484;

I guess it delivered. At least it was a short read, and the over-the-top expressions are kind of disturbingly hilarious.

Nejimaki Kagyu? &#65288;´&#8704;&#65344;&#65289;
Welp. That's about how I felt. &#9488;('&#65374;`&#65307;)&#9484;
&#9488;('&#65374;`&#65307;)&#9484;
I <3 U

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
last i read this there was 50 chapters

i don't remember much but i think i go sick of the slow plot progression or the black haired dude

maybe ill read it again
Not worth it

unbalance x unbalance
lol jk it's trash

Kieli

Noblesse 322

All sorts of interesting things are happening in-world. Too bad I don't really feel anythings towards them.

Recent Noblesse has gotten really repetitive. It was at its best when we didn't know the extent of the capabilities of Frankenstein and Rai.

Frankenstein seems a whole lot less cool now that we know he needs to go berserk in order to fight the werewolf lady.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of trash though? People say KissxSis and Oreimo are trash too and I loved them.
sexist harem trash with an gary stu main lead, it seems. Haven't actually read it because I was deterred by the concept, but there are impressions if you look.

well then i wont

i liked the setting tho :(
The setting is cool, yeah, but the main character is insufferable and the writing sucks. The cast isn't so bad besides the mc though

Revo

Haikyuu 106-107

Nice to see most people's repertoire is increasing.

I'm a little sad to see that there's no Hinata training the basics as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
sexist harem trash with an gary stu main lead, it seems. Haven't actually read it because I was deterred by the concept, but there are

The setting is cool, yeah, but the main character is insufferable and the writing sucks. The cast isn't so bad besides the mc though

For the record, I love the term "Gary Stu," because it describes every anime lead.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's just Lele being as friendly as a dog humping your leg

Speaking of dogs

Inugamihime ni Kuchizuke 1
wemD4IJ.png

This poor girl, lol. Basically your typical exorcist team manga, except this girl gets possessed by a dog spirit whenever another member kisses her. It's decent, reminds me more of a comic than manga though.

upandaway

Yeah, why aren't you giving us your flashback? Stop making excuses! (&#65283;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;)
KqphEGx.png

Twilight Princess trailer is shown
I buy my first manga volumes (Hikaru no Go)
I get to... I think it was 1 dan around that time, on KGS
Kurita is assassinated by dakku from the future, another dakku from a slightly further future takes me back in time to stop dakku and save Kurita (we failed)

Revo

What basics did he need training in, they needed to increase their percentage of success for their new combo more.

Early on it was really hammered home that Hinata lacked the fundamentals since he never actually had good practice. I guess with recently watching the anime the disparity between the manga where everyone is basically just getting new moves and the anime where Hinata is basically the blindquick+high athleticism is higher than normal.

I guess it can be assumed that just by time passing Hinata has gotten better at the basics. But while reading the chapters all I thought was about the disparity.

Zweizer

Banned
KqphEGx.png

Kurita is assassinated by dakku from the future, another dakku from a slightly further future takes me back in time to stop dakku and save Kurita (we failed)

Manga about it when.
Man Hikaru no Go really takes me back. I remember Naruto and Death Note being all the rage back then.

Who are you (((( &#65307;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;)))

Kono Oto Tomare! ch6-9

Some progression in the relationship between the club members, though considering how things are headed I doubt the three stooges are going to have much more growth other than being the band's support. The first performance is finally over (felt like forever), nice drawings, and the usual 'communicate your emotions' line from every musical-themed medium ever.

Up until now nothing really felt outstanding from other similar works outside of the use of the koto as the central instrument. Kudou has some nice character development, but the MC has very little progression outside of growing a semblance of backbone. Let's hope the introduction of the club advisor and the introduction of a new potential member will shake things up.

bigkrev

KqphEGx.png

I am super fascinated to know what made Hikaru no Go your first manga purchase.

I'm pretty sure mine was Flame of Recca, which I had learned about from a free preview from Suncoast video.

upandaway

I am super fascinated to know what made Hikaru no Go your first manga purchase.

I'm pretty sure mine was Flame of Recca, which I had learned about from a free preview from Suncoast video.
Hikaru no Go was one of the first anime broadcasted here in Japanese, it kind of started an 00's anime boom. It was that and Inuyasha running back to back at 8 PM. I also really liked Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom