• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

It's weird to read Minamoto Monogatari and see all the "look at that cute girl, no, wait, it's a guy!!" parts, he doesn't look like a girl at all :C

Soma 70

Welp, the tides have turned. Attacking first in Shonen is a death sentence.

The first manga I bought was probably Bleach or Naruto. The first series I bought fully was Uzamaki.

bigkrev

Fuck, Yu-gi-oh is actually definatly my first.

I learned about it reading OPM back when Duelst of the Rose came out, and they mentioned in the article about how the manga version was basically Yami lighting people on fire and stuff, not playing cards, and I was like "Man, I should read that!". I bought the first Volume, and the most recent issue of Shonen Jump, which was the 7th issue

892723.jpg

With that I got the Viz sampler, which was a 200 page volume with an early chapter of like 10 different series (Nana, Basara, Boys over Flowers, Flame of Recca, Excel Saga, Project Arms, whatever the series where the guy has a girl on his hand and others), which is how I learned about Flame of Recca.

bjork

If it counts, Robotech in comic book format, probably 1990 or so?

If not, then some Ah! My Goddess series that was in comic book format, I think in 1995. I seem to recall it being 12 issues, but I'm not sure.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 107

Mad Dog has a pretty cool design.
Still liking the focus Tsukishima got lately, makes me like him more than before. Yamaguchi becoming a good player? What?

With that I got the Viz sampler, which was a 200 page volume with an early chapter of like 10 different series (Nana, Basara, Boys over Flowers, Flame of Recca, Excel Saga, Project Arms, whatever the series where the guy has a girl on his hand and others), which is how I learned about Flame of Recca.

Midori's Days was pretty cute.

This also reminds me I think I own all the Shounen Jump print volumes they did. Somewhere. Taking up lots and lots of room.

_hekk05

Banned
Mmm. My first manga was probably pokemon adventures, and my first anime i think was either pokemon or cardcaptor sakura. Don't remember which came first anymore.

My first read manga was Dragon Ball, it was all the rage in the 90s and when tv emission stopped in a point, some friends (in elementary school!) started buying the manga, and I read it from then.

My first bought manga... dunno. I think one of the first was the Dominions Tank Police volume, because I have watched the OVA previously. A good first buy, all thing considered.

bigkrev

Midori's Days was pretty cute.

This also reminds me I think I own all the Shounen Jump print volumes they did. Somewhere. Taking up lots and lots of room.

All I remember was that it had uncensored boobs in the preview, and that kind of blew my 15 year old mind "wait, they don't check IDs for this?!?"

Or, that Viz was giving this away for free to anyone who bought something, even if it was for kids.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My first manga was technically Doraemon. I couldn't read my cousin's volumes back then (I was like 3), so I asked my aunt to read them for me. She disapproved of all the violence and misanthropy but indulged me anyway. This was when I was living in China and Doraemon was called, in Chinese, Machine Cat.

The first manga I read that I recognized as its own medium was Chobits.

Says it all, really.

All I remember was that it had uncensored boobs in the preview, and that kind of blew my 15 year old mind "wait, they don't check IDs for this?!?"

Or, that Viz was giving this away for free to anyone who bought something, even if it was for kids.

Well there is Ranma 1/2 which had boobs all the time anyway. Hell, I remember it being one of the more popular series in the library.

Linebarrels of Iron 104-105:
It's been so long that I forgot almost all of the characters.
105 is the most interesting chapter because of
Abraham Lincoln
I think I'm going to drop the series.

jman2050

I can't remember if my first manga was Sgt. Frog or Pokemon Adventures. I did and still do love both of them.

I also got into Peach Girl some time around there which means I got a pretty early look into the silly and hilarious world of shoujo manga.

Lain

There is an audience for SAO in america though. They are all terrible people, but they exist and might have money to spend on a game for the Vita.

Thankfully, most people in America don't even know what Nisekoi is.

How the fuck do you even make Nisekoi a game? I doubt it's a dating sim type game.

There is an audience for SAO everywhere in the world. My BRD vol 1 for the anime just shipped today and I can't wait to receive it, while waiting for the LNs to finally be released over here.

mjontrix

Reskinned kingdom hearts.

Actually why not a dating sim game? It's a harem series with a protagonist that can't commit to anyone. Perfect for a dating sim.

Kingdom Hearts : Zawsze in Love.

Join Raku as he travels around many lands trying to open the pendant that leads to kingdom hearts. Spend 20+ hours wondering the pride lands shuffling between filler after filler - only enjoying the occasional plot in Radiant Garden.

Or something like that.

World Trigger 60
tumblr_n5u43uP41N1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yoneyan team for best team. Incredible teamwork with many of the other minor characters participating too. I wanted Izumi to get a moment too, but this is alright. I wonder what Aftokrator member will be the next to be defeated?

Zweizer

Banned
Man it's like everyone started with Doraemon.

So did I.

Hi Score Girl ch1-11

I wanted to see what was the fuss, and well it was a rather interesting read. The art is kind of weird. Not in a bad way, mind. I rather like it, kinda reminds me of Chargeman Ken! for some reason. Nice concept, with lots of games being shown. Not many RPGs though, aside from a mention of FF4, but it's understandable considering the focus on multiplayer games (I wonder how Pokemon will impact on their lives).

The various interactions are nice, mainly due to the rather atypical characters (they're rather exaggerated, which keeps things from just being a boring showcasing of various games). It really makes you want to see how the characters will develop their relationship (ch9 was a nice milestone for plenty of things).

The mother is the best character. Holy shit.

Now let's all get bullied together by the moonrune bully, hekk! (・∀・)

_hekk05

Banned
There is an audience for SAO everywhere in the world. My BRD vol 1 for the anime just shipped today and I can't wait to receive it, while waiting for the LNs to finally be released over here.

I actually thought you were one of us Lain. LN is ok but the anime too? You might as well buy endless eight vcds.

Man it's like everyone started with Doraemon.

So did I.

Hi Score Girl ch1-11

The mother is the best character. Holy shit.

Now let's all get bullied together by the moonrune bully, hekk! (・∀・)

*sinister laughter*

Seriously though. Ciel scans are really slow. What other projects are they working on?

Kingdom Hearts : Zawsze in Love.

Join Raku as he travels around many lands trying to open the pendant that leads to kingdom hearts. Spend 20+ hours wondering the pride lands shuffling between filler after filler - only enjoying the occasional plot in Radiant Garden.

Or something like that.

what's wrong with the pride lands

Gbraga

As cnet said, a Nisekoi game can be fantastic if they make it like the Oreimo games on PSP: Original routes for every girl, so you can just choose your favorite and all your dreams will come true, instead of the weekly going nowhere.

All harem things should have games, actually, best girl loses too often :/

Zweizer

Banned
I actually thought you were one of us Lain. LN is ok but the anime too? You might as well buy endless eight vcds.

Speaking of endless eight, is Haruhi still alive? That trolling attempt really cost KyoAni when I think about it.

*sinister laughter*

Seriously though. Ciel scans are really slow. What other projects are they working on?

A surprisingly huge list actually:
Akumu no Sumu Ie - Ghost Hunt
Cha Cha Cha
Gaussian Blur
Hatenkou Yuugi
Hatsukiai
Hayachine!
High Score Girl
Hitorimi Haduki-san to.
Hitotsu Yane no Shita
Love x Rob x Stockholm
Maou-sama Chotto Sore Totte!!
Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru
Renai 3 Jigen Debut
Sakurasaku Shoukougun
Senakagurashi
Tantei Gakuen Q
The Devil Who Can't Fly
The Vampire and the Bachelor Next Door

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Viz... enough with the Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
I let my sub lapse last month, and yet I still get cards in the mail (I always throw them out). Stop it.

Man, the first manga I bought was dragon ball circa 1999 I think.
But I bought Manga Player in 1997-1998 (French counterpart of Shonen Jump), which had super duper awesome manga. That's how I discovered Ah! My Goddess, You're Under Arrest, Gunsmith Cats, Ghost in the Shell, 3x3 Eyes (which I STILL haven't finished due to missing volumes. But I won't despair, I'll find them), Flag Fighter (which aborted shortly after IIRC), Magic Knight Rayheart and freaking GTO.
They were bought shortly after and reborn as "Pika Editions" and released GTO, and the rest is history. I consider them to be at the origin of the modern manga markt in France.
Manga Player editorial team, I salute you T_T7

Stealth Symphony 1 - 12
Nominated for :
Interesting Premise For A Shonen For Once Award
Easiest Character To Draw At Times Award
Hardest Character To Draw At Times Award
Blessed With Suck MC Award
Most Childish Looking 28 Years-Old Male Character Award
Most Nightmare-Inducing Villain Erasing

Quick handwave yo

Gbraga

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 02

AAAAAW SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Ok, first chapter was weird and boring, but now I'm interested. Not only a teacher, but also a relative? This is twice as awesome. dayum

kasane

Viz... enough with the Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
I let my sub lapse last month, and yet I still get cards in the mail (I always throw them out). Stop it.

why throw them out

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ to yugioh players つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 02

AAAAAW SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Ok, first chapter was weird and boring, but now I'm interested. Not only a teacher, but also a relative? This is twice as awesome. dayum

Oh yeah another manga for you to check is A Method to Make the Gentle World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom