• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys ( ´ з`)ノ~ ♡

Don't know maybe mods prefer quick comments here and longer discussions in the threads, i just returned i wanted to be safe :p
Yup

Plot thoughts would be better at the distinguised threads
I know I am still going to write my quick reviews here
Ill dicuss and complain there

Welcome back

Mortemis

Banned
Waaaaiiitt, were chapter 24 and 25 the unscanned chapters of Nozaki-kun? These two just popped up. edit: looks like 27, 28, 30, and 31 are still not there. *shrugs*

Also, is the anime not available in the us? I hear CR picked it up but I don't see any announcement on their site or anything about it.

Thank you guys ( ´ з`)ノ~ ♡

Don't know maybe mods prefer quick comments here and longer discussions in the threads, i just returned i wanted to be safe :p

That's what I'm doing with the HxH thread at least.

There is apparently the belief that people who enjoy more shounen stuff are made to feel unwelcome in the thread which is why multiple OTs have cropped up, and that any discussion that's not about smut is subject to a "cleansing" initiative from those who read smut.

I don't see it, but...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol. Haven't heard this one before. Other than just recommending series, I haven't seen any sort of "cleansing" before.

Waaaaiiitt, were chapter 24 and 25 the unscanned chapters of Nozaki-kun? These two just popped up.

Also, is the anime not available in the us? I hear CR picked it up but I don't see any announcement on their site or anything about it.

Lol. Haven't heard this one before. Other than just recommending series, I haven't seen any sort of "cleansing" before.

Here's the announcement.

it starts today at 12:05 PM pacific and is available in these territories:

USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.

Should be available here at some point later, although that 404s at the moment. Was the same for Akame before the episode came out.

And yeah, that theory was news to me too. But it's a thing I guess.

Mortemis

Banned
Here's the announcement.

it starts today at 12:05 PM pacific and is available in these territories:

Should be available here at some point later, although that 404s at the moment. Was the same for Akame before the episode came out.

And yeah, that theory was news to me too. But it's a thing I guess.

Yes! Thank you man. Only an hour to go.

Also, how's akame? I couldn't even finish the first chapter, maybe if I watch a few episodes I can head back and read the manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Welcome back Lele~ ( ゚ヮ゚)

Hanayamata ch4

Straightforward progression and some cute blushes. Not much else to say.

Yes! Thank you man. Only an hour to go.

Also, how's akame? I couldn't even finish the first chapter, maybe if I watch a few episodes I can head back and read the manga.

I enjoyed it a lot, it's very faithful to the manga.

Only gets through the first chapter, but the first chapter is 80+ pages :lol

Voice acting so far is good, but it looks like they're using the shitty official names.

Mortemis

Banned
Nozaki-kun 24-25

Uhh, I don't remember reading these so I'll just treat it as a new chapter. Cracked me up, perfect hype for the anime.

Voice acting so far is good, but it looks like they're using the shitty official names.

Sounds good! I guess I'll check it out then.

Zweizer

Banned
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ch24-25

So good~

ewVCVqb.png

Holy shit. I can't (>&#9661;<)

Rhapsody

Banned

Same. They nailed it on choosing the VAs, so I'm happy about that.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 64

FyLdZ4m.png

You did your best kid, it just wasn't meant to be. There's an obvious problem with pulling a disappearing act in response, though it's precisely because of that problem I'm expecting it to be resolved fairly quickly.

Nickelodeon 36

Gotta go fast. The range of emotions this guy gets out of me never ceases to impress.

Kurita

Why not?
Some anime get threads in the OT sometimes for people who just want to talk about them. It's more convenient than talking about them in the huge thread.

scy

I dunno, I feel like we can drag the reveal out for a few more chapters.

Gives added punch to chapter 800.

Get on that.

eh

while i still doubt its effectiveness if it does lead to less posting about the big 3 in here i'm alright with it.

there are other manga that can replace them discussion wise plus it would lower the "my big 3 choice is the best just because of reasons" horseshit that has been going on (or at least it will be in those threads instead)

Guys there is a Toriko OT thread too

Come on guys mention that as well in your arguments at least... It needs the publicity

We currently have 3 members

3 good passionate members

Charade

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 14

That guy's like Costi in manga form.
Or is it scy? You guys switch so much I get confused, y'know.

Lain

Thank you guys ( ´ &#1079;&#65344;)&#12494;&#65374; &#9825;

HA! As if we care what mods want!
You're free to post about specific series into specific series threads, or in the general manga thread, just like it was for the general anime threads and the specific ones dedicated to one show. It's up to you.

Gekkan Shouko Nozaki-kun 1-7

it's so sad that the translation is so bad because the manga itself is so good.

Seo is of course best girl.

Also anime GAF's almost universal love of the anime makes me happy.

scy

Sakurasaku Shoukougun 17 - Please, please, please, please, please don't create new random drama here. Let this go somewhere. Please.

Yes. Two times in one day I'm deluding myself like this. No, I never learn.

Sakurasaku Shoukougun 17 - Please, please, please, please, please don't create new random drama here. Let this go somewhere. Please.

Yes. Two times in one day I'm deluding myself like this. No, I never learn.

from the pages you showed me

if my experience with rage town has taught me anything

random bullshit drama will happen. like if I didn't know better I would ask if this is a Seo manga.

Your hopes are about to get rekt.

-------------------------

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 11

QTkZbgg.png

<3

Rhapsody

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku 457

Actually a good chapter. Was pretty satisfied they fit a good deal of talking with Hayate and his brother.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You act like we want to hate on Naruto, but it's hard not to when it's so awful. Probably the worst decline in quality in a manga I've ever seen in my entire life.

I am just saying, just look at the stuff being talked at the OT thread: I will say with 100% certainty that those kind of talk about Naruto will be ridiculed here.

So I can understand why those that want to talk about that create their own thread to do so.

Zephyx

Hi guys, first time posting here in MangaGAF. Is this the thread where I ask for manga recommendations? :) If so, recommendations for my next romance-focused manga?

Have read so far:
Horimiya, TWGOK, a little Soma

Planning to read:
Nisekoi, Finish Kimi No Iru Machi, Koe no Katachi, Minamoto (not sure?)

Have watched a lot of romance/slice of life animes which manga adaptations I didn't read so I have very few under my belt.

Not very picky with sub-genres or length.

scy

14-sai no Koi
Game Over
Bonnouji
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Itoshi no Karin
Hajiotsu
Nana to Kaoru (S&M for the plotline so kind of risque; nothing too over-the-top visually)
Iris Zero (put on bi-montlhy status due to artist's health so releases are iffy)

No particular order and just random things that came to mind. Tons of others if you want something more specific :x

Mortemis

Banned
They didn't fuck up Nozaki-kun! tears of joy.gif

Seo's hair color though. D: I can't man.

Hi guys, first time posting here in MangaGAF. Is this the thread where I ask for manga recommendations? :) If so, recommendations for my next romance-focused manga?

Have read so far:

Planning to read:

Have watched a lot of romance/slice of life animes which manga adaptations I didn't read so I have very few under my belt.

Welcome! Feel free to ask for recs at anytime and post impressions here.

14-sai no Koi
Game Over
Bonnouji
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Itoshi no Karin
Hajiotsu
Nana to Kaoru (S&M for the plotline so kind of risque; nothing too over-the-top visually)
Iris Zero (put on bi-montlhy status due to artist's health so releases are iffy)

No particular order and just random things that came to mind. Tons of others if you want something more specific :x

Iris Zero doesn't have all that big of a romance focus does it? I remember it as more of a mystery manga. I do miss it though. Other wise that's a solid list, I still need to read some of those.

dumbyugi

Have read so far:

Planning to read:

This is the right thread to ask for recommendations. Here are mine:

Completed series:

Ai Kora
Anedoki
Kimi to Kami Hikoki to
Midori Days
Mizuho Ambivalent
Prunus Girl
To Love-Ru
Sayonara Piano Sonata
Seishun For-get!
Subete ni Iya Girl

Ongoing series:

To Love-Ru Darkness
Nisekoi
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
14-sai no Koi
Denpa Kyoushi
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou
Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora
Hayate no Gotoku!
Iris Zero
Nana to Kaoru
Spotted Flower

Kreed

I am just saying, just look at the stuff being talked at the OT thread: I will say with 100% certainty that those kind of talk about Naruto will be ridiculed here.

So I can understand why those that want to talk about that create their own thread to do so.

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner to be honest. This thread has grown a lot since the days where Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach dominated the discussion and a lot of different series are discussed every week now to the point where it's probably overwhelming for people who just want to discuss those series. I see no reason why they can't have their own threads for dedicated/multi-page discussion.

scy

Seo's hair color though. D: I can't man.

efcx4TB.jpg

redhead would have been fine too

Iris Zero doesn't have all that big of a romance focus does it? I remember it as more of a mystery manga. I do miss it though. Other wise that's a solid list, I still need to read some of those.

True, it's more of a subplot to everything. But it's a fairly big reoccurring subplot. If it's for strictly romance-based stories then can probably go some other route instead I guess. Seishun For-get or Countrouble or something else can take the spot on the list!

also, I should throw in Sankarea for zombie moe.

Edit: Actually, I'll throw out Jitsu wa Watashi wa since that totally should have been on the first list anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom