• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

ok, actually, I liked it.

Banana Bread no Pudding

4.jpg

it's a nice and somehow funny short story. Ira-chan :(, she doesn't need a gay man with guilty issues anymore. (why didn't that fucker go to jail? Smh) I like Ooshima drawing style but she draws some pretty weird eyes.
I'd like to watch The Star of Cottonland, an old movie adaptation of one of her manga. I read that it does a pretty god job in dealing with the nekomimi girls, and that it's really cute. (also it was recommended by Hito)

Revo

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 142

Holy that reaction hnnnnnnnnng

That reminds me that I have to finish Me and the Devil Blues.

Zweizer

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul ch1-9

Pretty interesting so far. I like the way ghouls seem to have a somewhat functional society within the humans. Protagonist is alright. Somewhat pandering, but his friendship with Hide is nice.

Revo

Why does everyone hate Hawk so much in Seven Deadly Sins? :(

Reversible death in Shounen stuff is annoying, especially if they sacrificed their life to save someone else. Even if they didn't know that they could be saved it trivializes their sacrifice.

caesar

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul ch1-9

Pretty interesting so far. I like the way ghouls seem to have a somewhat functional society within the humans. Protagonist is alright. Somewhat pandering, but his friendship with Hide is nice.
Its good until about chapter 60.

dani_dc

Suzuka 91

Neither of them is confident the relationship will work out in the long term. Good.

Suzuka 92

Wait, who is that, oh, its tan girl... without the tan. How did she lose the tan so fast since we last saw her?
And she's still obsessed with some guy from high school, how adult like.

Susuka 93

"I love you too, like a little sister". Harsh.

VRMN

This is going too well. I'm getting PTSD flashbacks of
Asuka
in KnIM. (or probably more accurately,
the first Yuzuki relationship
)

*shudders*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Reversible death in Shounen stuff is annoying, especially if they sacrificed their life to save someone else. Even if they didn't know that they could be saved it trivializes their sacrifice.

nobody hates him but I'd rather have a character sacrifice him/herself and stay dead rather then having him/herself revived later on

it just tarnishes the moment

Ah gotcha, now that makes more sense.

I can get behind that.

dani_dc

I can't wait until Bleach reveals there's a place for people that die in Soul Society (did you remember they were dead people?)

It's honestly easier to count people who aren't Asian than those who are..
I was under the impression most people here weren't asian.

That SMT4 debacle is the shittiest thing ever done by Atlus in recent years.
In terms of publishing anyway, Kaneko disappearance and less resources to the SMT franchise hurt more in the long run.

Zweizer

Banned
I was under the impression most people here weren't asian.

You'd be surprised.

In terms of publishing anyway, Kaneko disappearance and less resources to the SMT franchise hurt more in the long run.

It's kinda expected after Strange Journey. Persona is simply more profitable for them. Not sure why we don't hear much of Kaneko anymore though.

You should, for AT-LOW and KT alone.

I should have seen this coming.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

The hilarious part is that Suzuka and Yamato could still come in and fuck this up.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Make him read the most soul-crushing romance you know of!

See, I don't know any really rage inducing romance manga offhand, 'cos I usually drop them. Kyou Koi o Hajimemasu is the worst one I can think of offhand, but that's more bad than rage inducing.

I'd rather make him read something good... But maybe something tragic would do, since he's such a sensitive soul lol

Alright Kishimoto & Shimabukuro interview in our english jump (though I guess someone may have translated it out there since its from v24 of toriko).

Love Kishimoto's dedication, and I always thought assistant wasnt a full time job, I guess not?
Bz2J2dEIUAIysy6.png

Bz2JOCnIUAIePq3.png

Marche90

Aunt tits 142

Wow, talk about working fast here.

Also, a few pages from this chapter reminded me of how much I dislike the way the author draws the characters' fingernails. I know, I know, petty stuff, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom