• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starts off seinen, ends up shonen.

I really don't see how it ends up Shonen. I mean the battles do increase, but it still maintains it's psychological and grey morality. Kaneki himself still fights with his inner ghoul. And it isn't black and white as most Shonen's are. Shit it has lots of symbolism through tarot cards. Also the last arc definitely shows why it isn't Shonen, but Seinen.
Because if that were the case Kaneki would have won against Arima or gotten a power up to defeat Arima like a Shonen would, but instead he lost pitifully.
But hey that's how I feel.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 46

Shiragami is so oblivious that class rep could confess and everything would be ok, shame that she can't see it.

This is how Mikan will win, no one will confess and Asashi will end up alons, letting Mikan collect the prize and get Asashi love juice.

Quixzlizx

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 46

I hope this gets resolved in this arc, because the obstructionist character is always the worst, and is always just an excuse to drag out the status quo. And I like class rep, and would hate to get sick of her. Either let Asahi confess, or confess to him yourself.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa 46

Shiragami is so oblivious that class rep could confess and everything would be ok, shame that she can't see it.

This is how Mikan will win, no one will confess and Asashi will end up alons, letting Mikan collect the prize and get Asashi love juice.

Shiragami is actually trying to root for Class rep to hook up with MC, isn't she? Even though she's beginning to be aware of her own feelings as well.

dani_dc

Shiragami is actually trying to root for Class rep to hook up with MC, isn't she? Even though she's beginning to be aware of her own feelings as well.
She actually is!
Asashi and class rep dating would be the best outcome for their little group of friends!

... Wouldn't the relationship be disappointing at a physical level for class rep, or does her fake body work like Evangelion's?

Zweizer

Banned
She actually is!
Asashi and class rep dating would be the best outcome for their little group of friends!

... Wouldn't the relationship be disappointing at a physical level for class rep, or does her fake body work like Evangelion's?

Shiragami is sure to have regrets when she figures out her feelings if it were to happen though.

I'm assuming Class rep's body is pretty functional extrapolating from what the morning training and shovel did to her brother. Not sure if it's got all the reproductive functions though.

caesar

Banned
Akai Mi Hajiketa ch1

Pretty cute but, wait, isn't he her uncle?

Oh, well, I'll see if it's as bad as it sounds.

It never gets really bad but the battles definitely increase and I feel it loses alot of the mystery / moral dilemma angle. I'd say atm it's just alright.

Dr Hitomi's Infirmary Ch. 1-6
Plenty of interesting specimens coming to see doctor Hitomi. I think the nurse might be my favorite character, that or the undead chick. So enthusiastic.

Layers of White (One Shot)
...I think with this, my period of abstaining smut in favor of cuteness is now over and am back into this dark abyss. Thanks, Zweizer.

dani_dc

Shiragami is sure to have regrets when she figures out her feelings if it were to happen though.

I'm assuming Class rep's body is pretty functional extrapolating from what the morning training and shovel did to her brother. Not sure if it's got all the reproductive functions though.

Well, it would take awhile for Shiragami to reach that point, potentially years.

Her brother seemed fine after the Shovel, the issue was with the fake body, see him saying "Using the sleep equipment forced my outer unit into sleep. Malfunction.."

Don't recall the morning training though.

Zweizer

Banned
Layers of White (One Shot)
...I think with this, my period of abstaining smut in favor of cuteness is now over and am back into this dark abyss. Thanks, Zweizer.

You're welcome!
Read Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan~

Well, it would take awhile for Shiragami to reach that point, potentially years.

Her brother seemed fine after the Shovel, the issue was with the fake body, see him saying "Using the sleep equipment forced my outer unit into sleep. Malfunction.."

Don't recall the morning training though.

Aww don't be so negative. I'm sure Shiragami will soon be more forthcoming.

In chapter 21 he's getting tired from the training despite not actually running himself.

One of the issues of covering literally all story of humanity within a series in the space of 100~150 years.

Which makes space ninjas all the more likely.

One of the issues of covering literally all story of humanity within a series in the space of 100~150 years.

Yeah I think a prequel series is more likely then a sequel one.
In any case I doubt anything that does happen will be extremely lengthy, at least not to the length of either of the Parts.

Zweizer

Banned
He did look a little young to be her biological father but a biological brother wouldn't work either. I dunno, a step father/brother maybe?

I was just kidding.

Well, it's better to just not think too much about it. It's not like it's an uncommon thing in manga anyways.

dani_dc

Akai Mi Hajiketa 1

The thing about night guys is that we're awful at day but cool at night, just that there's no one to see us at that point.

The spread was really nice looking.

Why am I not surprise that Costy is into uncle-niece incest?
Aww don't be so negative. I'm sure Shiragami will soon be more forthcoming.

In chapter 21 he's getting tired from the training despite not actually running himself.

If Shiragami was bad before, after a shovel to the head she'll regress 10 years more.
Hm, interesting, I guess I'll have to read doujins to find the answer to my question.
Which makes space ninjas all the more likely.
I maintain this will be a thing, why else would Kaguya need an army?

P6u0Lnr.jpg

Pretty accurate depiction of a "I don't understand any of this shit" face.

Really nice to see everyone being so friendly to Naofumi.

Less suffering is a good thing.

And pet Chocobo get!

That bird is a cutie.

Akai Mi Hajiketa 1

The thing about night guys is that we're awful at day but cool at night, just that there's no one to see us at that point.

The spread was really nice looking.

Why am I not surprise that Costy is into uncle-niece incest?/

whoah

whoah

first of all, we don't know that's the thing

secondly... this was just adorable. her blushing was adorable. And I think it's an appreciation/admiration for him as an author that she didn't have before seeing that scene. The letter she was writing was a fan letter, since she felt too embarrassed to actually praise him to his face for his work, which we saw earlier in the chapter.

Zweizer

Banned
everyone should read Akai mi Hajiketa and make me happy

I read it. Now you go read Majime na Jikan, Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi or Once Again!
I'll let you choose. I'm so nice.

If Shiragami was bad before, after a shovel to the head she'll regress 10 years more.

Or maybe it'll be a double negative and she'll actually get smarter!

I maintain this will be a thing, why else would Kaguya need an army?

If only it were like that.

dani_dc

whoah

whoah

first of all, we don't know that's the thing

secondly... this was just adorable. her blushing was adorable. And I think it's an appreciation/admiration for him as an author that she didn't have before seeing that scene. The letter she was writing was a fan letter, since she felt too embarrassed to actually praise him to his face for his work, which we saw earlier in the chapter.

Too late to defend your position now!

...Even if it was super adorable. Going to be interesting to see their relationship evolve.

Just teasing you a bit.

dani_dc

Or maybe it'll be a double negative and she'll actually get smarter!
I don't think we'll be seeing that particular arc this time!

Everyone on earth was already under her spell, there was no need for an army!

you won't see it evolve.

the manga is a collection of oneshots/short stories :)

Oh, well that's fine as well, I'll look forward to more stories.

And I'll keep my eye out to other possible perverse interpretations in them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It is kinda waaaaay more messed up than hetalia due to it being based on current world affairs. I give it props for mostly sticking to facts.

Still...

Spaaaaaaaace detective Taliban!

Poor afganis-tan is just getting jerked around by the soviet bullies though. ;_;

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, in a sense it's a good thing that your country isn't majorly involved in some of the biggest conflicts of this century. :p

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch91

How typical of them.

Suzuka ch92

Ahaha that confidence.

Suzuka ch93

If only she could change her personality as well.

Suzuka ch94

She's not as terrible as Suzuka (which is a very low bar) but it's hard to care.

Suzuka ch95

Seems like the focus is on sport again. Thank fuck.

Suzuka ch96

Is every romance shitty in this manga?

Ahahahaha.

Uuuuuugh.

Suzuka ch97

Smells like NTR.

I don't even know if Suzuka NTR would be enjoyable.

Suzuka ch98

Oh boy what a lovely pair of dumbasses with dumbass excuses and dumbass reactions.

Suzuka ch99

15.000 yen is around 140 bucks ya fucks.
Of course he's a total moron while looking for a job. At least his idiocy is consistent. And of course, saved by the contrived plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom