• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I disagree, mostly because then you'd be laughing at it instead of raging, it needs to be as good as possible to get people emotionally invested, thus creating bigger rage.

Yes I am Grimace!

No I didn't. I am not a masochist.

dani_dc

UN decided that water-boarding was more humane than Suzuka marathons.

They use highly specialized Suzuka cosplayer, that emulate her personality, to torture people in secret.

tk8v1Dg.jpg
You're not escaping me criminal scum.

I watched the Suzuka anime.

This was many years ago.

I don't remember it.

It's the brain way of protecting people from traumatizing experiences.

Not liking the coincidences in TWIM but everything else is really solid. Best part is this unrestrained portrayal of a crazy* story, Hideki Arai goes all out. Apparently, the last volume would be the part that tops everything before it.

Totally! One of the best mangas I've ever read.
Thanks, Usobuko, for pointing me towards the latest chapters!

dani_dc

Yeah, you're more likely to scare people away with that if anything.

You need to be more subtle about ensnaring more kouhais.

Exactly, it's like sacrificing a Virgin on a volcano, you don't outright tell her you're going to sacrifice her, you give her gifts, worship her, parade her around the town, and then one day you just unexpectedly throw her down the Volcano.

The only difference is that unlike this thread,t a Volcano gives you a quick death.

Zweizer

Banned
I had already read it. Has there been any new chapters? I honestly forget after a point because of how long it takes for one to come out.

Nah there hasn't. It should come out soon though.

You could always try reading Seeking for Death and Bright World Project and see if they're up your alley.

Busaiku

Arslan 16

Can the Earth Shattering Announcement be an anime? Or will it be anime, or conversion to a weekly manga. The chapters are short enough for it anyway.

Sadly this chapter did make it seem like people existed like this in history, burning valuable txts of great scientific and biomedical worth.

Book burnings still happen, even in the US.

dani_dc

Changing out of the Paula avatar made me post less here and more on gaming. These effects to avatar changing are kinda creepy.
All the more reason why Paula was superior.

You were subconsciously afraid of being seen with the avatar in "public places".

Quixzlizx

lol, the KNIM anime ended at chapter 142 according to what I've found. Although, if that's roughly where Haruto dumped Asuka for Yuzuki, I guess nothing really worth adapting happened for the rest of the series.

dani_dc

lol, the KNIM anime ended at chapter 142 according to what I've found. Although, if that's roughly where Haruto dumped Asuka for Yuzuki, I guess nothing really worth adapting happened for the rest of the series.
That's where the manga should had ended, nearly everything after was just padding, the main story was resolved at that point.

caesar

Banned
20th century boys is actually pretty scary, the atmosphere is just plain creepy. I keep looking around the room reading it at night.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

How did they do 142 chapters in 12 episodes

hi gaf..
i'll shamelessy admit my weakness for slice of life/drama/romance and give you a title i think it's really resonating with me..
Koe no Katachi..
this.. it's a pearl..
plus it's resonating with me a LOT for some akward//nice moment, for I've always been like a metronome going into excess with how i relate with people (i'll openly admit that i've been the bastard bully and the bastardized bullied depending on stroke of luck//chance)..
This manga is really good plus some characters are a work of art :p
Man, it's been a lot of time since another slice of life got my so reeled up.. as of now, I'd definitely advice gaffers to give it a look :X

Zweizer

Banned
hi gaf..
i'll shamelessy admit my weakness for slice of life/drama/romance and give you a title i think it's really resonating with me..
Koe no Katachi..
Man, it's been a lot of time since another slice of life got my so reeled up.. as of now, I'd definitely advice gaffers to give it a look :X

It's one of the most read series here. You can even see it on the banner in the OP. It's indeed pretty good, although it gets somewhat less realistic halfway through, but overall its depiction of bullying and its effects is pretty solid.

If you like slice of life, may I suggest you read Hinamatsuri?

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki RAW

Looks like Alice is playing shipper on deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom