• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The band is still named after her and there looks to be a lot of potential for rage if she stays dead.

Its only vaguely named after her, dude. Its not called "The Fuuka Band."

Its just cheap drama.

Akito

Can I ask for recommendations? I don't really read much manga or watch anime in the last few years, with the exception that I've kept reading Naruto weekly for many years now.

The only manga I've read are: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Liar Game. I can't remember anything else really.

I typically enjoy the fights and power level junk like DBZ. Is there anything newish that I should check out? I'm not interested in One Piece because the back log is just too massive.

Is there manga outside my comfort zone that's so good I should try it anyways?

Edit: Actually I'm retarded and noticed a section in the first post that would answer this question. I'll leave it here anyways so you can laugh at me.
One Piece is definitely worth the time investment though. Other than that try Fullmetal Alchemist, The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, One Punch Man or Seven Deadly Sins.

Akame ga Kill 53

What I learned in this chapter.

- Having Incursio near Tatsumi is incredibly stupid.

- Budo vs Esdese would actually be kinda hype.

- Just so long as he doesn't job or forget to DODGE!

- Pumpkin is still a get out of jail free card.

I'd also say Esdese killing Mein in front of Tatsumi is almost set in stone.

But that's not new.

Honestly, that's actually a good thing.

Since the alternative would probably have been being raped by the Prime Minister.

Usobuko

Banned
Can I ask for recommendations? I don't really read much manga or watch anime in the last few years, with the exception that I've kept reading Naruto weekly for many years now.

The only manga I've read are: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Liar Game. I can't remember anything else really.

I typically enjoy the fights and power level junk like DBZ. Is there anything newish that I should check out? I'm not interested in One Piece because the back log is just too massive.

Edit: Actually I'm retarded and noticed a section in the first post that would answer this question. I'll leave it here anyways so you can laugh at me.

This first post doesn't rec enough battle shounen though.

I'll second Akito post and Konjiki no Gash Bell! based on what you enjoy.

You should try some Seinen manga that may be outside your comfort zone. There are some really really great ones like....

Tokyo Ghoul (really great read and the artwork drastically improves. Also it recently had a sequel come out called Tokyo Ghoul:Re)

The breaker and The breaker:New waves (A really great Martial Arts manga)

Bezerk (Amazing artwork enough said)

As for Shonen try

Nanatsu no Taizai (7 Deadly Sins)

bigkrev

Loveless vol 1

Grabbed this off the shelf to read last night because I wanted to read something easy, and with the advent of @catboys_bot on twitter, it seemed appropriate

Kinda forgot how nothing really happens in this first volume except for the start of Ritsuka and Soubei's relationship. Nothing to tell you what the manga eventually becomes- just a romance manga filled with catboys and catgirls. Art is still pretty, and there are plenty of expressive facial expressions, which make it fun to read.

Also, there are a ton of extra- 25 pages of them to go with the 200 pages of the volume. Seems excessive!

Zweizer

Banned

Manga outside your comfort zone that you should definitely, definitely, definitely try:
  • Yotsuba&!
  • Hinamatsuri
  • Jitsu wa Watashi wa
  • Prison School
  • Nickelodeon

Akame Ga Kill Chapter 53

Mein's Teigu power is fucking stupid powerful under the right conditions which these seem to be. I have zero doubt in my mind that she will save Tats, she will not die. Mein has my protection, this is why she will not die.

Zweizer

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul ch19-33

I admit I wasn't expecting that guy to die so soon, although it was partly due to plot. Amon seems like to be an interesting guy, even if he seems to have some screws loose in a few areas. Some nices touches in depicting a "gray" world here and there, even if the human side is somewhat blatantly paint in a more unflattering light (though it is to be expected since the protagonist is pretty much on the ghouls' side now). Overall I must say I appreciate the fast developments.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you look up "Death Flags Everywhere" almost all of the results are Akame ga Kill threads on various forums talking about Mein.

Angry Grimace

We'll see next week I suppose.

I mean, seriously though. Fuuka? Dying in the manga Fuuka? Its a shonen, and killing Fuuka makes the series LESS dramatic, not more dramatic.

klee123

Fuuka 36

Classic Seo indeed.

I can see it now, since Yuu will carry the band as the lead singer. This means Tama Chan has another chance!

Then when Fuuka miraculously wakes up from her Coma, bitterness and rage ensures!

Loving the reactions to the chapter by the way. Keep it up!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean, seriously though. Fuuka? Dying in the manga Fuuka? Its a shonen, and killing Fuuka makes the series LESS dramatic, not more dramatic.

Unless Seo turns the MC into Haruto then there won't be any drama anyway, this guy seems completely incapable of cheating or being anything less than straight up with Fuuka. The only way to throw the other two into play, short of character assassination, is killing her off or putting her in a very very long coma. Plus we've got the MC as a genius vocalist now. This is totally going to be a Kamina moment, just watch.

Angry Grimace

Koe no Katachi

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

lmao @ what a tremendous dick that guy was. Although Shoukos giggle face was pretty cute.

Unless Seo turns the MC into Haruto then there won't be any drama anyway, this guy seems completely incapable of cheating or being anything less than straight up with Fuuka. The only way to throw the other two into play, short of character assassination, is killing her off or putting her in a very very long coma. Plus we've got the MC as a genius vocalist now. This is totally going to be a Kamina moment, just watch.

I'm not saying there won't be drama between Fuuka and Haruna, but I find it highly unlikely that she dies in her own manga in Chapter 36.

Bentles

try hunter x hunter

Angry Grimace

Yamada

Its Odagiri's chance to swoop. Shiraishi is just boring now, so I hope she can manage it (she can't).

Angry Grimace

UQ

I hate Santa, what a terrible character. (Fuck Christmas)

dani_dc

Koe no Katachi 58

Why would a judge be that harsh with high school kids?
Most of his feedback wasn't even constructive, how very silly.

Would had liked to hear from the other judges.

Did a search and couldn't find anything, but Digital Manga Publishing is doing a(nother) Kickstarter to translate various Osamu Tezuka manga including The Three-Eyed One, Rainbow Parakeet, and Alabaster.

They've already done successful KS campaigns for other Tezuka manga like Atomcat, Unico and Barbara, which are available for purchase DRM-free here.

Thanks for sharing.

Angry Grimace

Even assuming Fuuka kicked the bucket in her own shonen manga, Tama wouldn't win because there's no particular drama involved in Haruna banging Tama. He'd have to hit up the guitar girl.

Shiraishi is going to win, just accept this route.

I mean, she already won. But she stopped doing anything the moment they started dating.

Zephyx

I'd do an avatar bet Fuuka isn't dead, but I don't think a Suzuka avatar is amusing enough to bother with. Nobody even knows what it is other than MangaGAF.

I'd take the bet she's alive too. I find it hard to believe Seo has the guts to kill off his female MC and the title of his manga. There are more opportunities for drama keeping her alive than her being dead. The Tama comeback route is definitely open though.

You mean the funeral home.

Though this is far-fetched.. what if Fuuka dies and this paves the way for Tama-Yuu route? They will start their relationship on Fuuka's grave like Suzuka and Yamato did. I can only imagine the hilarity it will ensue.

Koe no Katachi

Honestly, part of me felt super happy at watching Nagatsuka get destroyed on stage like that. Fuck his stupid mustache.

If this manga ends without blonde glasses scumbag girl getting her come uppance, I will be very unhappy.

PK Gaming

Koe No Katachi 58

s39vnS7.png

That critic guy could have been a little less blunt. I get that the author wanted to take them down a notch (and subsequently bring them back up), but I think it would have been more powerful if the sequence was more... realistic? His criticism sounded comical to me; almost like I was listening to fuck Simon Cowell from American Idol. Anyway, despite my misgivings with the Ultimate Douchebag, I did enjoy the sequence as a whole. I liked how

icbvf31.png

This motherfucking ghost appears. There's definitely something otherwordly about his reappearance. He feels distinct from how the others are drawn, and I love it.

And the gang...actually feels like a group of friends now. Like before, it was all smiles, and everyone put on appearances. But now...

wdH1PLY.png

Friends? Friends.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Did a search and couldn't find anything, but Digital Manga Publishing is doing a(nother) Kickstarter to translate various Osamu Tezuka manga including The Three-Eyed One, Rainbow Parakeet, and Alabaster.

They've already done successful KS campaigns for other Tezuka manga like Atomcat, Unico and Barbara, which are available for purchase DRM-free here.

Will not fund DMP no matter what because :

I bought iris zero on kindle with dmp as the publisher and:

S8iFI9x.jpg

dani_dc

Koe No Katachi 58

s39vnS7.png

That critic guy could have been a little less blunt. I get that the author wanted to take them down a notch (and subsequently bring them back up), but I think it would have been more powerful if the sequence was more... realistic? His criticism sounded comical to me; almost like I was listening to fuck Simon Cowell from American Idol. Anyway, despite my misgivings with the Ultimate Douchebag, I did enjoy the sequence as a whole. I liked how

I agree, I wasn't a big fan of the movie, so in a way I'm glad the author of the manga is aware that the movie itself was extremely flawed, but he went a bit too far with this chapter.
Would had been better if both last chapter (movie) and this chapter (movie critic) had been toned down.

rrvv

Zettai Karen Children 385

finally he wearing modern school uniform

Nanatsu no Taizai 99

all those build certainly make huge damage

dani_dc

the "Neo" kept bugging me so I pm'ed a mod with a request to shorten my username a few weeks ago

thought it would go ignored for a while there so props to the kind moderator/admin who helped me out with that
i5mQvFoLQxgdJ.png

Now you'll be able to find this type of things when searching for yourself:

Who the heck is she anyway? I don't even remember her.

Yvnk0KL.jpg

So his first idea on how to end his manga...

Is to have a copout where everything returns to normal...

Because everyone was having a nightmare...

Seriously?

I mean, its actually rather accurate with how so many real life manga's have awful endings.

But "It was all a dream" are like the pinnacle of bullshit endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom