• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I've done a name search once. Mostly got people mentioning they didn't like Bohemian Rhapsody in a thread. smh

simpsons_mob.gif

Can I ask for recommendations? I don't really read much manga or watch anime in the last few years, with the exception that I've kept reading Naruto weekly for many years now.

The only manga I've read are: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Liar Game. I can't remember anything else really.

I typically enjoy the fights and power level junk like DBZ. Is there anything newish that I should check out? I'm not interested in One Piece because the back log is just too massive.

Is there manga outside my comfort zone that's so good I should try it anyways?

Edit: Actually I'm retarded and noticed a section in the first post that would answer this question. I'll leave it here anyways so you can laugh at me.

One Punch Man (great art... Lots of action! less then 100 chapters available)

Nanatsu no Taizai (Medieval Fantasy.... OP powers... 90 something chapters)

Hunter X Hunter ( watch the anime first and then continue with the manga... Series is in Haitus currently)

Toriko (around 297 chapters... Nice action and world building)

Longer series

Kingdom

Berserk

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guys its not hard. If someone says "I like Naruto and DBZ recommend something" the answer is Fullmetal Alchemist.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 58

When did Tom Chick turn Japanese and start reviewing amateur student films?

Certainly wasn't expecting the old friend to come back the way he did.

Recommending something like Fullmetal is just asking the reader to lose their innocent nature after reading something so good and then turning into someone who craps on every other series that's not up to par.

Recommending something like Fullmetal is just asking the reader to lose their innocent nature after reading something so good and then turning into someone who craps on every other series that's not up to par.
Well he could just start reading good series from then onwards ;)

Also if you're going to read FMA you might as well watch the anime remake Brotherhood

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's not FMA's fault that almost everything else sucks in comparison.

Zephyx

Well he could just start reading good series from then onwards ;)

Also if you're going to read FMA you might as well watch the anime remake Brotherhood

The anime was the best. Still a little sad about the ending though. The law of equivalent exchange applies for everything.

Furyous

The Breaker Dem Waves 176

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
The MC Finally *the rock voice* meets his master in person. I expect 10 chapters of the MC growing in combat and can't wait for the eventual fight.

Zephyx

The power Seo worshipping here is scary as for a second, I'm having thought to read KNIM.
This is really scary.

Do it. Seo is life. Scy recommended it to me and he never failed me
aside from Nana to Kaoru

No way, I'm gonna break some of my things
My friends said that oneshots by Seo is good, maybe I should take a look there

I haven't read his oneshots. Recommend them if they're good. I read Princess Lucia and it was pretty boring

Nanatsu no Taizai 99

So that is that... Ending Hendrick on the 99th chapter

I am still holding hope that Hawk is gone

Also I am really enjoying the anime for this... As long as it continues to have fluid fighting animation and doesn't add extra fillers episodes I will continue to have blast with it

Horimiya 43

Hori's a Masochist?
...Shouldn't it be the other way around in this relationship?

Kingdom 407

GODDAMMIT I HATE THE CHAPTER TITLES OF THIS SERIES

Akame ga Kill! 53

2a46a54830.jpg

Well this is the worst situation ever

I don't think she's going to Pumpkin her way out of this one
I've been joking about Mein dying for so long that after Rabac I don't want it to happen. I think Najenda will prob die before her in this royal rumble

Akame ga Kill 53

For some reason when I saw the Prime Minister thinking of raising another child I inmediatly thought of Mein and now she's basically gonna die or suffer that destiny. I'm such a bastard.

Nordicus

Koe no Katachi 58

Why would a judge be that harsh with high school kids?
Most of his feedback wasn't even constructive, how very silly.

Would had liked to hear from the other judges.
I think that critic was some popular new movie director who is an absolute jackass in person but his attitude wasn't very widely known yet. They most likely got him on the judge panel because they thought it'd bring more viewers, he had that air about him. Edit: Bah, should have reread the page before the event, that guy's some highly regarded critic and editor. Ya know, I can believe he can produce interesting text

I liked this chapter, it was fairly interesting. The judge's lines were pretty amazing, dunno how much of it to attribute to Crunchyroll translators

Revo

Koe no Katachi 58

Judge was just projecting his insecurities all over them. And it's because they shared mustaches. Shouldn't have grown it, boy.

Still fuck Kawai.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 58

Judge was just projecting his insecurities all over them. And it's because they shared mustaches. Shouldn't have grown it, boy.

Still fuck Kawai.

Kawai is doomed to a lonely life of friendlessness if she doesn't get over herself and she (kinda) knows it. Maybe there's hope for her yet.

Ueno still needs a slap in the face something fierce for the shit she's pulled.

Revo

Kawai is doomed to a lonely life of friendlessness if she doesn't get over herself and she (kinda) knows it. Maybe there's hope for her yet.

Ueno still needs a slap in the face something fierce for the shit she's pulled.

There is no hope for Kawai.

Ueno should stay true to herself cause she's so great.

Jack, the American Ghost 34

Oh boy, Jack gonna show why he was in a mental hosptal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom