• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've been doing it in his place.
Got your back, upman.

Awh. I'm the same. ManGAF and the fact that bishoptl made me laugh so much when I was just lurking.

You all had some heartwarming, nostalgic discussion while I slept.
It must have given me good dreams.

I used to think bishoptl was just one, weird unpronounceable word.

wonzo

Banned
Yumekui Merry 64

You mean to tell me there really was something up with the shifty new guy they introduced a couple chapters ago? No…

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo 1034

Holy shit, it looked like the fight was over then the guy actually parries Ippo's blow. Damn this is hype.

Shengar

Why the fuck my AMR plugin keep broke itself?!

One Piece 724
Doflamingo top tier indeed. That use of string is too fucking OP. Indeed Sanji can't win against him, he broke his leg when he kicked Vergo's haki coated leg. I hope Oda show glimpse of the Law vs Doflamingo fight, not just showing him butchered in later chapter.

Or learn how to draw areolas and/or nipples.

Read HSDK lol

I've joined since the 6th or 7th OT I think. Only post weekly after the big 3 + FT and HSDK or so and read the posts every 5 hours.

No chance of me on the wall of shame.

On that note, Rosario +Vampire 2 looks to finish the series in the next few chapters. Should be finished by next October at the very least if not early 2014.

Its really too bad that it became so much shonen that it forgot its comedy harem route for the most part. Then again Tsukune and gang still have their last year to go through.

Doubtful, its probably the price of putting manga on devices that have even 0.025% of the digital book reader marketshare...

? Nook / Kindle / iOS / Android cross publishing is cheap in that they pay the same 30% cut as anyone else. There's no new assets either; just a quick scale that can be done on device or from server side. Viz was smart to make it cross platform and account managed.

Anyway, that means the new min price for volumes is 7 bucks. That's 3 bucks cheaper than print for the most popular stuff, which I guess is better than parity, but since the store is a walled garden (there are no CBRs or anything like that) I can't feel very good about buying content. They've already cut back hard on what licenses they bring over, and the content available digitally still has a long way to go to match their print backlog.

But print is virtually dead outside of comic shop deliveries so I guess it's Viz or nothing.

Though even if they raised prices, arent they still the cheapest manga publisher here.

Maybe in print? In digital they are virtually the only game in town so it's hard to judge anymore.

? Nook / Kindle / iOS / Android cross publishing is cheap in that they pay the same 30% cut as anyone else. There's no new assets either; just a quick scale that can be done on device or from server side. Viz was smart to make it cross platform and account managed..

Was quite sure they mentioned it coming to even more readers like Kobo which only has like 3% of the market (US), and two more platforms.

Ryuu no Kawaii Nanatsu no Ko - Seven Little Sons of the Dragon 01

1keiLbn.jpg

Seems to be short stories involving humans and mythical creatures.

Pretty interesting and I did like the growth of romance in the first chapter.

The cover of this is also pretty boss.

Akito

Ryuu no Kawaii Nanatsu no Ko - Seven Little Sons of the Dragon 01

Seems to be short stories involving humans and mythical creatures.

Pretty interesting and I did like the growth of romance in the first chapter.

The cover of this is also pretty boss.
Yay, someone finally picked this up.

bigkrev

? Nook / Kindle / iOS / Android cross publishing is cheap in that they pay the same 30% cut as anyone else. There's no new assets either; just a quick scale that can be done on device or from server side. Viz was smart to make it cross platform and account managed.

Anyway, that means the new min price for volumes is 7 bucks. That's 3 bucks cheaper than print for the most popular stuff, which I guess is better than parity, but since the store is a walled garden (there are no CBRs or anything like that) I can't feel very good about buying content. They've already cut back hard on what licenses they bring over, and the content available digitally still has a long way to go to match their print backlog.

But print is virtually dead outside of comic shop deliveries so I guess it's Viz or nothing.

Maybe in print? In digital they are virtually the only game in town so it's hard to judge anymore.

To be fair, Comixology is price parity with print and digital. However, Viz lacks the comprehensive backlog and day-and-date publishing.

It's goddamn criminal that I cannot go and buy all of Yu Yu Hakusho, a series they finished years ago, in the app.

To be fair, Comixology is price parity with print and digital. However, Viz lacks the comprehensive backlog and day-and-date publishing.

It's goddamn criminal that I cannot go and buy all of Yu Yu Hakusho, a series they finished years ago, in the app.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NA manga needs a service like Crunchy Roll, you pay $7.99 per month to get same day as Japan for releases and you get access to the entire back log. It's the only way you're ever going to beat the scanlators. Anime was able to get to a point where fansubs have mostly died out with everything being picked up and simulcast usually an hour later in HD on CR/Funi/etc.

Kieli

I'm usually a patient person, but even I am surprised at how long volume 4 of Bunny Drop has been out-of-stock.

I placed an order nearly two months ago!

Shikabane Cherry 02

We're getting all shoujo romantic comedy up in here. I guess the zombie part seems to be kinda light hearted at least.

dumbyugi

Citrus 5

I guess it wouldn't be a yuri series without some angst. I think I'll just wait until this is finished and read it all in one go.

Kingdom

I found it last week, and have been at it every since. I have to say, it is one of the best epic manga I have ever read. It remind me a lot of ryu (I forgot the name... it is something about a dragon boy during the 3 Kingdom era).

Apath

People who hates Shaft aka the ones who made Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari
As you saw they have quite a peculiar way to tell stories and animate them, some people think it's the apex of anime (lol) and some others shits on them like no tomorrow.
You acted just like a shaft hater.
Oh, well that makes sense.

wonzo

Banned
Ohana Holoholo 6 & v1 Extras
This was a double serving of sweetness thanks to not only find out out about a newly translated chapter of this, but also finding out the extra's from the first volume were also translated. Though the romance quadrangle or whatever might be starting to ratchet up the angst a lil', reading this series still feels like you're eating one nice and warm pudding.

People who hates Shaft aka the ones who made Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari
As you saw they have quite a peculiar way to tell stories and animate them, some people think it's the apex of anime (lol) and some others shits on them like no tomorrow.
You acted just like a shaft hater.
People tend to hate Shaft because of their utterly terrible record of production consistency.

Hajime no Ippo

Having just rewatched the Ricardo Martinez spar, it's interesting how Ippo has improved (it's been ~700 chapters after all). He was completely destroyed back then but he's become faster and smarter. I wonder what Ippo's weakness everybody and their mother has alluded to and whether Gonzales will show his "real" fighting style.

Mael

This is purely anecdotal but most of my med school and engineering (or other weird sciences like geography) friends have a very basic understanding of narrative fiction and are often unable to recognize various concepts in a text. I mean, it's hard to discuss a book in depth with someone who isn't familiar with focalization or narrative levels ("the author is a racist!").

I might have to spread Thug Notes among my friends.

geography isn't exactly math :p
but still I've got a friend who's an historian, most are from computer science background, quite a few artists as well...
We never seem to have any problem discussing books, films or what have you.
The thing is usually an animator will have a keener eye on animated show and it'd be preposterous for a computer scientist to come and claim the animator is full of shit when discussing the quality of some episode of Naruto or something.

Ippo
Ok this is starting well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom