• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales of Zestiria - Time of Guidance 02

jJUTVxP.jpg

For those wondering, Alisha is still here.

And such a tsuntsun heroine~

SkyOdin

Yes, but it was originally published in Japan (there are translator credits, a note that mentions it was originally published by Shogakukan, ect). It was flipped for the original run in Nintendo Power.

Actually, the Nintendo Power version was the first published, appearing in 1992. The Japanese version was published the next year (1993) as a stand-alone graphic novel. It was then released in stand alone form in the US in 1995. From what the Zelda Wiki says, the Japanese version retained the left-to-right orientation of the Nintendo Power version.

360pages

After going through some early Naruto, I find it funny, that super Shallow Ino was the character that decided her Friendship with Sakura was more important than going after a crush. Hell, Saukra was the one that ended their friendship in the first place as I recall...

The Exams were really good at that over all though.

Zweizer

Banned
Netgame no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta? ch7

Man he's so undecisive.

Senaka Gurashi ch10

He keeps digging it deeper.

bobohoro

Sumire 16 Sai 1 - 52

I am ANGRY that I didn't finish this WAY SOONER.

As you should be. Great series, that starts out totally weird and then fills you with all those feels out of nowhere while still remaining funny. I gotta reread it some time, thanks for the reminder.

Keijo 2-12

Moms are tough. Naka-san is pretty awesome.

Astarte

Don't forget to read its predecessor, Sumire 17-sai (though it's not as good, it does have some unexplored ideas).

Yeah, I'm reading through 17 right now and I'm missing the constant character dynamic that 16 had :[
At least Sumire has a lot of admirers..

As you should be. Great series, that starts out totally weird and then fills you with all those feels out of nowhere while still remaining funny. I gotta reread it some time, thanks for the reminder.

The feels hit me like a freight train.

oh uh....

Sumire 17-sai!! 1 - 18

Well this definitely...ended? It was a fun read but it sort of recycled ideas. I like the future skip in terms of where students are after they meet Sumire, but that ending was really abrupt.

random25

Senakagurashi 10

Nice entrance, dad!

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr 143

That rubbing...guess that's harem minus one for Murakami.

Himouto! Umaru-chan 99

I see.

Zweizer

Banned
Well this definitely...ended? It was a fun read but it sort of recycled ideas. I like the future skip in terms of where students are after they meet Sumire, but that ending was really abrupt.

Hard for it to recycle ideas since it came out before 16-sai. The future thing is one of the best points though, I agree.

923857707rv7.jpg
(from the author's twitter)
Hell yes, Screaming Lessons is being revived in Ribon from July. I could just die.
Or at least, I will once someone picks it up again.

Seems like Ishikawa Emi's other manga is ending already, which suggests that it was only supposed to be a temporary substitute. Even having not read it yet, instinct / common sense / bias tells me that it's inferior, so I'm more than happy with this outcome.

Also, the cover of the next novel.

dani_dc

Mix 29

This chapter made me realize that I recall less from Mix than either Touch or Cross Game despite reading it after those two. Guess I should reread the series later on.

17 came out before 16? This is making my head hurt.

Yeah that's correct.

dani_dc

Yeah, 17-sai was the first prototype (which is why it looks rougher and is less focused than 16-sai), though you could call it a sequel as well, as Sumire is technically older in it.

Age is meaningless to Sumire, she loops back at the end of highschool!

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 143

wAXdht1.png

This chapter was tits.

On what planet is Neko a goth girl? Her design deficiencies aside, it's a denomination reserved for decent characters, like Kana. Speaking of, if she's excluded from this trip then there's a reasonable chance it'll be terrible.

Lain

Received a manga package today and inside I found a copy of volume 8 of Blade of the Immortal, which was a freebie they included. It was a surprise and it was a nice read. I mean, I didn't get much of anything out of the story, but the art was so nice. Now to decide if I want to grab the rest.

Received a manga package today and inside I found a copy of volume 8 of Blade of the Immortal, which was a freebie they included. It was a surprise and it was a nice read. I mean, I didn't get much of anything out of the story, but the art was so nice. Now to decide if I want to grab the rest.

That's how they get you to save the industry.

Usobuko

Banned

Hook. Line. Sinker! Regular customers are the bloodlines of niche publisher.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
did Viz translate Boruto to Bolt by any chance?

seeing as I think (I could be wrong) it is translated to Bolt and the Boruto trailer has the narrator saying "Bolto"

:/

They called him Bolt in Chapter 700
But then all the promotional material (and possibly Kishi) are spelling it out "Boruto" in English.

And no, I'm not calling her "Salad". That's stupid.

Which only makes me wonder why that changes but they still won't call him Zoro.

Revo

I didn't think there would be one worse than Boruto, but Breckin does it.

Piano no Mori 149

Hopefully amamiya finds himself now.
And poor adamski :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom