• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Kubera s2ch136-137

Ooh, so that's how they're going to help Rindhollow.
Go to her side Yuta! And don't run away this time!

Arabesque

Nisekoi 172

A set up chapter. I wonder if it means we are starting off right away with the Marika stuff after this or it is just setting up later on in their 3rd year.

The other thing is will we finally see what is up with Fu being so laser focused on helping Haru? I know there had been hints that Fu had a crush on Haru, and maybe something will come out from all of them getting drunk (outside of maybe Tsugumi getting to kiss Raku) but who knows.

Black Clover 15

Luck's dilemma seems to have been solved too quickly for my liking, but at least Yuno seems to be getting his ass handed to him and not breezing through everything easily.

9x5fKcS.jpg

The background girls are actually squeeing at the sight of them talking.

I now want rumors to start spreading over how much they "get along" with each other.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Festival - 120

I think this is the first time we've seen Soma in a class. I didn't even know they had lectures in the great American style. USA USA USA

Legit shook.

There was a chapter where he was in a math class too. They have regular classes.

The background girls are actually squeeing at the sight of them talking.

I now want rumors to start spreading over how much they "get along" with each other.

Not surprising given that he's the only person at Totsuki who is willing to talk to her because she's supposed to be so intimidating. Granted, Soma is literally asexual so he doesn't even notice she's supposed to be a ten on a tenscale.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Tokyo Ghoul Re 31

I hope they can somehow save takizawa :( poor guy, judging from this chapter it looks like they made him eat his mother. thats really rough man, he didn't deserve what happened to him. Yea Kaneki had it bad but at least he had Antekiu and Hide, Takizawa had no one. When you see Takizawa he's basically the what if scenario where if no one ever rescued Kaneki, this would be him, except in this scenario its not a what if, it actually happened to him. The reunion with Akira... :(

Also, LETS GET IT, AMON!!! i demand more Amon.

bobohoro

Boku Girl 1

That's one convenient setup for trouble. Something about the character design is pretty great.
And that elephant/cat-visualisation, heh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki 120

Oh god, seeing them actually taking regular classes and actually do regular student things at school was so strange. It was so normal compared to all the bonkers stuff they usually do in is manga.

But then we go back to "Half a million people will attend this festival!" lol

I guess the fact that they go through physical ed and probably have gyms explains why they end up being models upon graduating as well.

t93JrpB.png

Hayate x Blade 82

Hayate cross Blade is one of my favorite mangas, so it's always great when another chapter gets translated! and this chapter's aq significant one -- the match between President Hitsugi and Akira concludes this chapter. And it's a close match...
but Hitsugi, basically one of the most ridiculously awesome characters ever, pulls through and wins. Thank goodness, Akira's a decent person but she sure has some bad ideas for what she wants to do to the school, because her family are sexist and to help her friend/sword-partner Sae who is engaged to a complete jerk.
I won't explain all the details here, read the series! It's great.

So, after the match, Hitsugi gives Akira exactly what she wanted, sort of... but why? HItsugi's motivations are always hard to read. She often seems to be doing good things, but is always claiming that it's just random and such, and she's crazy enough that she just might be telling the truth. This time for instance, she claims that she did that
just because she wants Akira to realize that she's grown as a person while at the school, because having her here and then having her leave without realizing personal growth would be a failure for her (and her mother's memory) as the head of the school.
But is it just that, or is she pushing Akira to do the right thing and save Sae (if she can) because she thinks it's a good idea and the right thing to do, as Hayate and co. all believe? Who knows.

But anyway, great chapter. It'll be very interesting to see what Akira does next... this is certainly a climax to a big part of the plot. I know that in Japan this series ended, but this isn't near the end yet, there's still a good ways to go... and it has a sequel series that I think is still ongoing, so there's plenty more, if translators ever get that far. I hope they do.

And yeah, Hitsugi is amazing. She's (often unintentionally, but that's the joke) funny, totally crazy (in the best comic and/or helpful ways!), insanely good at swordfighting (strongest in the series we've seen, no question), really smart, rich, etc. Such a great character.

Boku no Hero Academia 13-18

Frog girl really is the best girl! She was amazing in these chapters. Seeing her making fun of Bakugou on the bus was hilarious.

Lain

Natsu no Zenjitsu 6

I hope that this doesn't turn into a contrived love triangle thing because I'm liking seeing this relationship bloom.

Yeah, that relationship is so damn sweet.

-------------------

Anybody here that both reads Knights of Sidonia and is watching the anime? I'd like to know where is the anime at compared to the volumes.
I ordered the first 13 volumes earlier today and was hoping that the anime hasn't covered up to volume 13 yet, otherwise I grabbed the manga for nothing!

Revo

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 1-9

Always nice to learn more about the world.
Too bad there always has to be a murder mystery.

kasane

denpa kyoushi

kasane aint supposed to be bad ;__;

kasane is the final girl confirmed

ballroom e youkoso

fuck whatever! GO SHORT HAIRED GIRL

Revo

Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat 7

Seems like this is going off the LN.
At least get to see some new stuff.

dumbyugi

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Tsuioku Hen 11 - 12

Not only can Onii-sama auto-revive himself if he dies but he can also bring other people back from the dead. I refuse to believe anyone could seriously think that Tatsuya is a well written character.

Lady Justice 01-02

She's a superhero! She's invincible!

Average boy gets kidnapped a lot!

Her clothing isn't invincible. She gets clothing damage a lot. She gets embarrassed!

I guess it has a good idea but it just already seems so predictable.

orochi91

Prison School 178

I'm speechless O.O

Chapter wasn't even funny, yet was still the best in the whole series.

Just a brilliant explosion of emotions.

This author is a genius.

Edit: 4chan is going crazy LOL

Amazing chapter.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 80

Pretty unexpected to see her go as far as a kiss, though the outcome is pretty obvious, she's going to be rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom