• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Pikma

Banned
She had told Stardom officials that she had turned down the offer and was staying with them. She just told the promotion now that she was leaving and wanted to leave in April. She’s got two titles and Stardom wants to her drop the titles before she leaves. The company felt they were misled by Hojo through all this.

Damn...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thats some cool ass gifs Mr Walrus, I apreciate it. If one wanted to investigate the world of hard hitting japanese female wrestling, what should one...procure?

somedevil

If Stardom loses Shirai, Hojo, and Mayu all in the same year, that might be curtains.

It seems alot of new talent is going to report to the PC in April. Plus it seems Nakamura has been lobbying hard for her to come over to America.

Wonder how much the success of Asuka has made WWE push more for women talent in Japan.

edit: Why would Mayu retire at 24?

Tall4Life

He said Mayu is considering retiring tho
Ah I missed that, RIP unless Kris Wolf gets a mega push
Thats some cool ass gifs Mr Walrus, I apreciate it. If one wanted to investigate the world of hard hitting japanese female wrestling, what should one...procure?

The RealHeroArchive has some joshi. To watch Kairi's main promotion, Stardom, you can go to stardom-world.com, there's a subscription fee with that. Of course you can probably find some matches on the internet on Dailymotion and such, and the seas are always an option. Stardom-world.com is your best bet though for this

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh is that a all female promotion? Cool.

WWE will actually have probably the best lineup of female talent anywhere in the world if they add both Shirai and Hojo.

It seems alot of new talent is going to report to the PC in April. Plus it seems Nakamura has been lobbying hard for her to come over to America.

Wonder how much the success of Asuka has made WWE push more for women talent in Japan.

edit: Why would Mayu retire at 24?

Absolutely has. Meltzer has mentioned in the past that one of the key differences between Triple H and Vince is that Triple H has a mindset of "if something gets over, then it's over and we should keep doing it" as opposed to the preconceived notions Vince runs with (or at least has historically).

Also, any and all conspiracies about Nakamura being upset about his position are completely destroyed by the fact that he is actively recruiting Japanese talent to WWE.

Also, any and all conspiracies about Nakamura being upset about his position are completely destroyed by the fact that he is actively recruiting Japanese talent to WWE.

It was months ago Nakamura reached out to Kairi Hojo, I think.

If Stardom lose Kairi Hojo, Io and Mayu all this year then they are probably fucked. That sucks, badly.

It isn't surprising Mayu wants to retire. The bumps she takes are completely insane.

I think at the end of the day Io will stay, if only because she knows the weight of that decision if Stardom were to lose all three of them. Like it would be more of a loyalty move than anything.

It was months ago Nakamura reached out to Kairi Hojo, I think.

If Stardom lose Kairi Hojo, Io and Mayu all this year then they are probably fucked. That sucks, badly.

It isn't surprising Mayu wants to retire. The bumps she takes are completely insane.

Meltzer says Nakamura has been constantly reaching out to her about it for months now.

This dude is badgering people to come over. That says to me he's enjoying his time.

WWE sign that one hot/cute girl from Japan. One of you nerds posted about her.

Hana Kimura?

hanakimura.gif

Isn't there a rumor Asuka does not like one of them? It reminds me of that Alexa and Sasha are not fans of each other.

Yeah Io and Asuka are not on good terms, or at least weren't at some point. Io bailed on their tag team dealio to go to Stardom.

I wasn't aware Nak has been reaching out constantly, that is good to know. The last thing I heard was he called Kairi Hojo and recommended she come but that was ages ago.

Isn't there a rumor Asuka does not like one of them? It reminds me of that Alexa and Sasha are not fans of each other.

The rumor was that Asuka has a problem with on of the co-founders of Stardom, so when Io went there it soured their relationship. They were tight before that. Who knows if that ever got better though. Asuka seems to have always had a good relationship with Mio (Io's sister) though, so I'm sure it's not like a blood feud or anything.

Ithil

Dude is getting paid loads of money to spend his time doing very light matches with rookies, and going surfing in Florida. I'm sure he'll be happy to start on the main roster and have some big matches but he has a comfy spot in the meantime.

The rumor was that Asuka has a problem with on of the co-founders of Stardom, so when Io went there it soured their relationship. They were tight before that. Who knows if that ever got better though. Asuka seems to have always had a good relationship with Mio (Io's sister) though, so I'm sure it's not like a blood feud or anything.
Maybe it'll lead to a shoot.

I do think that WWE is much more likely to put promotional weight behind Shirai and Hojo than they will with Asuka. I think Asuka will get pushed no doubt, but she is 35. Hojo and Shirai are in their primes (28 and 26 respectively).

Is this still a thing? I really hope it is. Those elbow drops are insane.

Meltzer said it got moved back because of the UK Tournament, but it's absolutely still happening. Currently they are telling talent to keep the summer clear.

I'd bet it takes the CWC slots this year (July-September).

Heroman

Banned
I do think that WWE is much more likely to put promotional weight behind Shirai and Hojo than they will with Asuka. I think Asuka will get pushed no doubt, but she is 35. Hojo and Shirai are in their primes (28 and 26 respectively).
Eh, the problem is that they are Japanese and WWE has major problems with booking foreign Talent. I mean look at how they book Latino talent and they actually want a Latino super star.

Ithil

That's Japanese 35 though.

somedevil

Dude is getting paid loads of money to spend his time doing very light matches with rookies, and going surfing in Florida. I'm sure he'll be happy to start on the main roster and have some big matches but he has a comfy spot in the meantime.

They had do this for the local news:

Odd thing is Kota replied to this tweet

Eh, the problem is that they are Japanese and WWE has major problems with booking foreign Talent. I mean look at how they book Latino talent and they actually want to be super star.

They suck at every level with Latino talent though. Like even NXT can't get that right.

The Japanese talent they've had lately have been handled great (Tozawa, Nakamura, Asuka). The only guy I could complain about I guess would be Itami, but he's been hurt a whole lot.

I just wouldn't put it all under the "foreign talent" banner when they've made it clear recently they actually can handle Japanese talent. Now whether that translates to the main roster 100% remains to be seen obviously, but Tozawa has not been handled poorly at all so far in his main roster appearances.

I think they will struggle with Nakamura on the main roster. He'll very easily end up as 'another guy' which is already happening on NXT to some extent. I just don't feel like he is the kind of guy you want to see come out and do some throwaway match on Raw every week.

They haven't handled the Japanese talent badly this time though.

Heroman

Banned
They suck at every level with Latino talent though. Like even NXT can't get that right.

The Japanese talent they've had lately have been handled great (Tozawa, Nakamura, Asuka). The only guy I could complain about I guess would be Itami, but he's been hurt a whole lot.

I just wouldn't put it all under the "foreign talent" banner when they've made it clear recently they actually can handle Japanese talent. Now whether that translates to the main roster 100% remains to be seen obviously, but Tozawa has not been handled poorly at all so far in his main roster appearances.

NXT handles Japanese talent great , the main roster won't because in order to be a top guy you gotta talk I mean look at Cesaro he was booked great on NXT but on raw he a just another midcarder.
And tozwa isnt being handled at all well but that most him being a Crusierweights.

The problem with Latino talent is that no one (apparently not even Hunter) understand the appeal of the luchadores and their masks. Not to mention their in-ring style.

They had a really good thing going with the Lucha Dragons (that one team that dethroned the longest reigning NXT champs no less), and like most hot tags of NXT, they were completely destroyed.

I think they will struggle with Nakamura on the main roster. He'll very easily end up as 'another guy' which is already happening on NXT to some extent. I just don't feel like he is the kind of guy you want to see come out and do some throwaway match on Raw every week.

I really think with Nakamura it's an even more simple matter of where he ends up. If he ends up on Raw and has to appear twice a week and cut long promos, he's gonna get old and tired like literally everyone on Raw does. But if he ends up on SD, where he can appear once a week (and maybe sometimes not) and have better writing around him, he can thrive.

I actually do think he'll end up on SD though, especially if he comes up anytime soon. Raw is full up right now, and they have to factor in FInn coming back.

NXT handles Japanese talent great , the main roster won't because in order to be a top guy you gotta talk I mean look at Cesaro he was booked great on NXT but on raw he a just another midcarder.
And tozwa isnt being handled at all well but that most him being a Crusierweights.

Tozawa is being handled as well as he possibly could be considering he's in the CW division. Like you could argue he shouldn't be in that division, but that's a problem that has nothing to do with "foreign vs. non-foreign". Plenty of Americans his size are in that division with those problems too.

Heroman

Banned

Nak screams mid carder for life as long as he is in the WWE. Can't see Vince going with him.

Pikma

Banned
The problem with mexican/latino wrestlers outside of Del Rio is that no one can fucking form a coherent sentence in english to save their lives, I mean, that should never be a requirement to get over and it's definitely not their fault but it's WWE, you will have to cut promos at some point and creative is so stupid they still haven't come up with a way to overcome that.

I mean, even Kalisto speaks shit english, and hey he's a lucha thing born in the US.

Top Bottom