• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 *Spoiler Thread* |OT| Elektra Boogaloo - March 18th on Netflix

jackdoe

Stick kept that crappy ice cream wrapper bracelet for years. He may not be that great of a dude, but he's not completely worthless.

ZeroX03

Banned
Blacksmith was just explained very poorly, they clearly went "we like Punisher's spin off potential and might want to explore his backstory more in the future" and kept things vague.

News Bot

Banned
Also Matt telling Stick to fuck off and that he doesn't believe in the ancient war stuff was kind of dumb. Like you're running around at night dressed up beating people up in a world where Asgard is a real place and Thor will regularly hang out with Tony Stark who also creates a sentient robot AI that attempts to crash a city into the planet and you can't believe in an ancient ninja organization?

Also aliens, Hydra, etc.

Magwik

Banned
Oh also I really dislike the way they had Stick finish off Nobu. He just casually strolls into the alley and chips his head off. It seems to be done for more comedic effect than anything and just fell flat. Was better off letting Nobu get out alive and maybe become an actual character.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh also I really dislike the way they had Stick finish off Nobu. He just casually strolls into the alley and chips his head off. It seems to be done for more comedic effect than anything and just fell flat. Was better off letting Nobu get out alive and maybe become an actual character.

Nobu's head will be back next season.

Just finished. Man I hate the Hand so much. Here I am watching my edgy crime dramas and then suddenly a bunch of dumbasses wearing goofy ninja gear wielding fucking bows and katanas waltz in. Completely tone destroying in every way.

Otherwise overall pretty good. Both the Punisher and Elektra stuff both work but it did feel towards the end that they weren't quite sure how to balance the two. The Fisk stuff was great and while I almost wish there was more of it it would have muddled an already confusing ending. I thought Karen and Foggy were both generally written better, especially Karen who feels a lot more competent this season. Not sure if I'd say it's better then the first season but still strong.

Man i'd kinda like to see this Punisher get tied in with other military/spy stuff in the MCU.
Would definitely want a run in with Widow.

Though if that Mockingbird show gets picked up it would be interesting to see him cross paths with her and Hunter(think that would fit better than AoS).

Ain't happening though.

E the Shaggy

So is Bullseye a Daredevil or Punisher villain? I want that guy in the MCU ASAP.

He can be both.

Also they should cast Walter Goggins.

waltongoggins-635.jpg

JTripper

Man i'd kinda like to see this Punisher get tied in with other military/spy stuff in the MCU.
Would definitely want a run in with Widow.

Though if that Mockingbird show gets picked up it would be interesting to see him cross paths with her and Hunter(think that would fit better than AoS).

Ain't happening though.

I actually think Widow would be a great MCU character to have crossover into Daredevil for an episode or two considering her relationship to DD in the comics. If Marvel tried to get any of the Avengers to appear in any of the Netflix shows, Widow in Daredevil would be the most feasible.

Dunlop

I actually think Widow would be a great MCU character to have crossover into Daredevil for an episode or two considering her relationship to DD in the comics. If Marvel tried to get any of the Avengers to appear in any of the Netflix shows, Widow in Daredevil would be the most feasible.

Would be great, but there is no way they could pay her salary on a TV show budget

Ezalc

It felt a little scattered compared to the first season, but it's fun seeing all these people adopt their comics persona so to speak. Loved seeing Fisk return out of the blue, don't know if it was said he'd be in the second season but it totally surprised me. There were a few parts that I thought were kind of shit, like the interplay between Fisk and Frank, it felt like they were treating Frank as just some gun happy idiot when I'd think he'd be smarter than that. Wasn't a fan of Elektra's actress either, they never really explained what the fuck black sky is, what that hole does, what that jar is actually for (which I'm just guessing will be for reviving her), nor all of these damn teases about Karen's past. Does anybody know anything about that because it got tiring already that they barely said anything about it.

Finally, seeing that whole Melvin is probably going to become the gladiator hints is really sad. I love the character and feel really bad for him, it's going to suck to see him become a villain eventually.

Dalek

It felt a little scattered compared to the first season, but it's fun seeing all these people adopt their comics persona so to speak. Loved seeing Fisk return out of the blue, don't know if it was said he'd be in the second season but it totally surprised me. There were a few parts that I thought were kind of shit, like the interplay between Fisk and Frank, it felt like they were treating Frank as just some gun happy idiot when I'd think he'd be smarter than that. Wasn't a fan of Elektra's actress either, they never really explained what the fuck black sky is, what that hole does, what that jar is actually for (which I'm just guessing will be for reviving her), nor all of these damn teases about Karen's past. Does anybody know anything about that because it got tiring already that they barely said anything about it.

Finally, seeing that whole Melvin is probably going to become the gladiator hints is really sad. I love the character and feel really bad for him, it's going to suck to see him become a villain eventually.

That storyline in the comics was really heartbreaking. I hope they don't do it on the show. :(

Also Matt telling Stick to fuck off and that he doesn't believe in the ancient war stuff was kind of dumb. Like you're running around at night dressed up beating people up in a world where Asgard is a real place and Thor will regularly hang out with Tony Stark who also creates a sentient robot AI that attempts to crash a city into the planet and you can't believe in an ancient ninja organization?

1st rule of Netflix universe.

We do not speak directly about the movies.

L00P

He's an editor for a newspaper, not a foster parent, and he had no idea if she knew how to write before he decided that she could get a job and an office.

Wow, you really don't like Karen getting that job huh? Like I said, the editor feels like Karen is Ben's successor, resumes and work experience be damned. And she's not exactly dumb. I'm sure she writes just fine

jmood88

Keep the movies out of Daredevil, it's too good for that.
Oh lord.
Wow, you really don't like Karen getting that job huh? Like I said, the editor feels like Karen is Ben's successor, resumes and work experience be damned. And she's not exactly dumb. I'm sure she writes just fine
No, I didn't and like I said earlier, the law school thing would've made a lot more sense for her.

JTripper

I'm curious as to how jarring it might be to see the Netflix characters in Infinity War, where I think they're expected to appear in the films for the first time. It's probably easier to get them to appear in a movie than it is to try and get a movie character to appear in any of the TV shows but I think Marvel will eventually get there and maybe have at least a cameo on one of the shows.

I do agree though that I don't necessarily want a full on movie-tv crossover on any of the shows. I like my street level Daredevil but a movie character appearance could be fun.

Kin5290

Judging from the sample we were given, apparently not.

Karen could make a pretty good private investigator, but I'm not sure how that could've been worked in.

Beach

Just finished season 2, great but would still rate the first season a little higher

I thought that episodes 1-4 and 8-10 were so much better than the rest. Maybe thats because Fisk and the Punisher were the real stars of the season. The drop of quality from episode 4 to 5 was pretty drastic in my opinion. The ending with the blacksmith and Nobu wasnt that satisying.

Don't have much of a problem with Karen though she is literally Lane Kiffen. Wonder what job she will get next season

L00P

Oh lord.

No, I didn't and like I said earlier, the law school thing would've made a lot more sense for her.

Story-wise what you're suggesting is not gonna work. You really want her to go and study in law school in season 3? Plus Karen herself said she doesn't feel like doing law

Would be great, but there is no way they could pay her salary on a TV show budget
Renner would be cheaper right?
Honestly think Hawkeye would be the best cross character,
fits Daredevil perfectly, would fit Agents of SHIELD as well as the spinoff.

Though if something crazy like Carter S3 ever happened I think Hank Pym would be the best crossover character(if they could do a decent job on his powers on a lower budget)

Also, I want to point out two things I found funny during the trial, not that TV shows care about legal realism that much. But, one the prosecutor objects to Foggy "leading" the witness on cross-examination, I guess forgetting that is the entire point of cross examination. And second, I loved how Matt asked to treat Frank as a "hostile witness" and then proceeded to give a closing statement. Hilarious.

RedAssedApe

Banned
He knew? Didn't he get the information in prison?

i don't think he knew the colonel was the blacksmith until the docks...but the way the colonel talked about frank and his unit made it seem like frank knew that they were involved in some shady stuff and that's part of the reason why he left? (talking bout loyalty and such)

anyhow that was what i got from episode 12 when karen was at his home. it also lines up with the character from the comics.

Finished it last night. It was good, but was really hurt by the lack of a main villain. Fisk was fucking great last season, so essentially having no villain this season was a pretty big change.

Punisher stuff was great, but Daredevil was mostly removed from that plot after episode 4. I'm one of those people who don't really care for the more mystical stuff with The Hand. I didn't really care for Elektra, either. Just wasn't anything interesting going on with her. It felt like there were essentially multiple plots going this season that never tied together in any meaningful way, and we just kind of ended at a random spot. Definitely felt like they left a lot out there unsaid for the sake of a Punisher spin-off.

I was really glad there was only the one scene with the priest. After the trailers I was really afraid they were going to repeat season one with Matt constantly talking with him about morality.

Keep the movies out of Daredevil, it's too good for that.

Yep. Even worse are the people from the Season 1 thread saying they should have people from SHIELD show up. Even typing that made me puke in my mouth a bit.

Just finished season 2, season was good.

I hope The Punisher gets his own show. What a portrayal.
Is there a chance that both Elecktra and the Punisher are just role characters at this point for another season? I find that unlikely. I think both characters can carry their own shows no?

The Punisher more so than Elecktra.

Nabu was getting annoying it was cool seeing him but come on it was just dull seeing him come back to life and still relevant for more episodes than he should have.
We need more Fisk he found a new Wesley as well nice to see.

So is Foggy needed in the show anymore or is he crossing over to the Jessica Jones show?

jackdoe

Nobu definitely did not have the charisma to be the final big bad of the season. He was a lieutenant, thrust into the role of general by the writers.

Top Bottom