• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 *Spoiler Thread* |OT| Elektra Boogaloo - March 18th on Netflix

Coulson i'd actually be in for having a minor appearance(considering he is the director of SHIELD) but thats about it.

Coulson is the worst! I've honestly always hated SHIELD. I think Ultimate Spider-Man was where my dislike grew. Having characters like Ultimate Fury exist who can show up and just shut Spider-Man down with technology is so fucking lame. I'm actually being slightly facetious about my dislike of MCU SHIELD. But, thinking about Ultimate Universe Nick Fury brings the rage out. Fuck that annoying shitty character.

What the fuck is karen, first shes like some accountant, then shes a secretary, then shes a journalist with a cushy office

Yes it is becoming ridiculous. She is like a private investigator for the law firm as well as associate
She can also have family members(brother) at will. She is the real Black Sky

I mean this is a show about a blind dude kung fu fighting dudes and immortal ninjas and super strong old ladies and this chick's career hopping is the thing that makes the least sense

Dai101

Banned
The way Foggy dismissed Karen when she tried to ride the ambulance with him, "lol no way bitch, you're like the god damn plague. Stay away from me"

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Loved it to bits. Sure they skew the origins a bit, but each character felt right. They did a great job weaving all the stories together and Nobu being less of a threat than in season 1 establishes how much Daredevil has improved and sets a great scene when Kingpin returns.

Season 1 was about Daredevil winning a physical fight, this season that wasnt in question as much, its whether Matthew Murdock can mentally survive this life.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Just finished, and I loved it. Elektra and Punisher were done an incredible amount of justice, the returning cast all upped their game from last season, the pacing was better, the action was better...

Goddamn. A+ live-action Marvel right here.

Having a knack for finding things doesn't justify being handed a job as a reporter at a major newspaper with absolutely no credentials. The guy at the paper has no idea if she can write but is giving her an assignment and an office. She was nothing more than a source to Ben, not a writing partner.
She found information better than any journalist in his office and she had credentials since the best writer in his office worked with her. You don't need a resume when you do something fantastic to get an employer's attention.

You sound like a suit with no imagination.

I mean this is a show about a blind dude kung fu fighting dudes and immortal ninjas and super strong old ladies and this chick's career hopping is the thing that makes the least sense
No. What makes the least sense is that we see her computer screen at LEAST 3 times with nothing written on it, and by the end of the season it is Christmas. How the fuck did she keep a job there?

Yeah, I was a bit turned around by the timing. We began during a heat wave, and somehow six months passed? It honestly felt like maybe... two months? At most?

LOL

6twxgz0.gif

Episode 12. 45:20

Why is there a Troll monster in the background. Right-side of the screen in the woods in the shadows.

Why??

tumblr_o4ddzgy9Sp1rytq2do1_540.gif

tumblr_o4ddzgy9Sp1rytq2do2_540.gif

I have to wonder... how long has Frank known Matt is Daredevil for? Cause Schoonover mentioned that Frank Castle had a weird sixth sense, he could tell a lot from your subconscious tics and stuff...

I wonder if the second Matt walked into his hospital room, Frank knew.

jackdoe

I have to wonder... how long has Frank known Matt is Daredevil for? Cause Schoonover mentioned that Frank Castle had a weird sixth sense, he could tell a lot from your subconscious tics and stuff...

I wonder if the second Matt walked into his hospital room, Frank knew.
He probably had suspicions at the hospital but confirmed them during the courtroom scene after Matt used key phrases to key him in to his identity.

I wish they'd tied Punisher's ending in with Deedee and Elektra's a bit more. He just sort of shows up in the final fight like "Well, I already finished my thing, but there's still fifteen minutes left in the episode so I guess I'll shoot some Ninjas or whatevs".

Overall I really liked it, though. I thought the first season was OK, but it never quite boiled my potato. A big part of it was Vincent D'Onofrio being a ridiculous ham, doing his best Cookie Monster impression in an otherwise very down-to-earth, gritty thing, but this season played much looser with the realism. When Ninjas are pouring out of holes in the walls, Private Pyle hamming it up doesn't stick out so much, and I was actually disappointed he didn't get more screentime. Punisher and Elektra just about stole the show, and D'Onofrio's brief scenes were fantastic.

Biggest problem for me was the poorly-explained mumbo jumbo towards the end. I don't understand what Elektra being the Black Sky is supposed to mean. Does she have secret superpowers? Is she going to explode? Is there some chemical in her blood they want? No idea. Also, what was with the big hole? Did I miss something, or did nothing ever come of that?

Also, the final episode... it was like Daredevil basically stopped giving a fuck about Elektra, Stick, and Frank killing people. Was kinda glorious. Elektra offed everyone she could, and Daredevil easily allowed Frank to snipe the Ninja douchebags so he could kick Nobu off the roof.

Also, the final episode... it was like Daredevil basically stopped giving a fuck about Elektra, Stick, and Frank killing people. Was kinda glorious. Elektra offed everyone she could, and Daredevil easily allowed Frank to snipe the Ninja douchebags so he could kick Nobu off the roof.

I kinda hoped/expected for them to get to the roof, into a sea of ninjas, and Frank would just rip them all apart with that big machine gun he found in that cabin.

Sniping a couple ninjas felt a little weak, esp. after DD and E took care of so many of them on the roof already.

I kinda hoped/expected for them to get to the roof, into a sea of ninjas, and Frank would just rip them all apart with that big machine gun he found in that cabin.

Sniping a couple ninjas felt a little weak, esp. after DD and E took care of so many of them on the roof already.

YEAH! That's what I was amped to see, and it didn't happen. I was actually quite disappointed that didn't happen.

ElTopo

Banned
Finished episode 9. Amazing episode. I liked the bloodstain on Frank's shirt after he slit the last guy's throat. It's as close as we've gotten to the Punisher logo.

Do we find out what was in that Crib?

I wish they'd tied Punisher's ending in with Deedee and Elektra's a bit more. He just sort of shows up in the final fight like "Well, I already finished my thing, but there's still fifteen minutes left in the episode so I guess I'll shoot some Ninjas or whatevs".
The entire ending of the series just falls apart imho. We never really know the stakes in this secret war, never get any reason for Daredevil or Elektra to feel their death was near - not considering the rest of the series and the stuff they had already walked away from. And Nobu ain't Bulls-eye and can't capture that moment, nor was any time spent on Matt crossing the line in how he finishes that fight. Punisher dropping off to show his branding had zero setup and didn't make a lick of sense either ;p

Still absolutely loved the series, and its got its share of legendary scenes, but the ending fell completely flat.

MG310

I was waiting for that kid that Elektra killed in the apartment to dissolve so they could get to to the stabbing without Matt crying about it.

Overall an improvement from Season 1 but the show really does not stick the landing. Besides the episode with Kingpin and Punisher in jail the back third of the series kinda sucks, mostly because the Hand are really poorly done:

Nobu was fine as a physical threat to Daredevil in Season 1 but not as a main antagonist in Season 2. None of the stakes involved in stopping the Hand are clearly established; what happens when the Black Sky (Elektra) is awakened? Why is the giant pit presented as this huge ominous reveal at the end of an episode then basically never mentioned again? In the comics, Bullseye killing Elektra is an all-time iconic moment in comics that instantly elevated Bullseye to archnemesis status. In the show Nobu accidentally kills Elektra then gets his head chopped off two minutes later in a joke scene. What?

Netflix needs to see if they can ditch the 13 episode format. All three Netflix Marvel series have felt overlong, although DD season 2 feels better than Jessica Jones in this respect because of the dueling Elektra and Punisher A-plots.

Overall an improvement from Season 1 but the show really does not stick the landing. Besides the episode with Kingpin and Punisher in jail the back third of the series kinda sucks, mostly because the Hand are really poorly done:

Nobu was fine as a physical threat to Daredevil in Season 1 but not as a main antagonist in Season 2. None of the stakes involved in stopping the Hand are clearly established; what happens when the Black Sky (Elektra) is awakened? Why is the giant pit presented as this huge ominous reveal at the end of an episode then basically never mentioned again? In the comics, Bullseye killing Elektra is an all-time iconic moment in comics that instantly elevated Bullseye to archnemesis status. In the show Nobu accidentally kills Elektra then gets his head chopped off two minutes later in a joke scene. What?

Netflix needs to see if they can ditch the 13 episode format. All three Netflix Marvel series have felt overlong, although DD season 2 feels better than Jessica Jones in this respect because of the dueling Elektra and Punisher A-plots.

What if Bullseye kills Karen tho

I dunno, they take a lot of liberties when adapting stories. I'm not pissed about Nobu dealing the killing blow. When Bullseye does show up, I'm sure they'll do him justice.

Next season needs to put an end to the poor display of "romance" between Matt and Karen. There's no sexual chemistry between these two characters! Watching them interact is like witnessing two nervous, whimpering brother and sister talking random nonsense..they could be talking about how incest is wrong and it wouldn't make a damn difference. At least Matt and Elektra I can see having actual non-awkward sex. As for Karen, I was hoping she and Punisher would hook up. Karen has that barely perceptible glint in her eyes whenever Frank was around. I think she likes the bad boy type. BANG BANG!

KarmaCow

Next season needs to put an end to the poor display of "romance" between Matt and Karen. There's no sexual chemistry between these two characters! Watching them interact is like witnessing two nervous, whimpering brother and sister talking random nonsense..they could be talking about how incest is wrong and it wouldn't make a damn difference. At least Matt and Elektra I can see having actual non-awkward sex. As for Karen, I was hoping she and Punisher would hook up. Karen has that barely perceptible glint in her eyes whenever Frank was around. I think she likes the bad boy type. BANG BANG!

It's weird you say that because the Frank-Karen relationship seemed more like a Father-Daughter thing than anything sexual.

The entire ending of the series just falls apart imho. We never really know the stakes in this secret war, never get any reason for Daredevil or Elektra to feel their death was near - not considering the rest of the series and the stuff they had already walked away from. And Nobu ain't Bulls-eye and can't capture that moment, nor was any time spent on Matt crossing the line in how he finishes that fight. Punisher dropping off to show his branding had zero setup and didn't make a lick of sense either ;p

Still absolutely loved the series, and its got its share of legendary scenes, but the ending fell completely flat.

Since Nobu is some type of immortal guy I think Matt knew that wasn't going to kill him.

Episode 10 when the fuckin' Punisher wastes that fucking bitch DA. Fuck yeah! I applauded. Get 'em Frank!

I thought he was set up?

Top Bottom