• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Citadel |OT| The best.

I also need to run through the combat simulator too. And speaking of combat,
fighting my Vanguard clone was a pain in the ass. Damn, he was all over the place, just like me!

I died a lot on Insanity during that fight. A lot. :lol

Does the annoying yet strangely amusing
Conrad Verner
make an appearance ?

As far as I know, not in person. However,
during the end fight, your Shepard will yell "Even Conrad Verner is a better Shepard than you are!"

If i already started the party but haven't met with some squad mates prior to that like Tali, Liara, James, Samara, Miranda, Jack, Jacob or Grunt(boy i missed more than i thought), am i screwed? Haven't seen Kolyat yet either, although i did receive an email from him. For some reason, i stopped getting new emails for meetups after Cortez.

Are you inviting people up to your apartment for one-on-ones? I got new waves of emails after meeting everyone in a set.

iLLmAtlc

I just started playing but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. I just finished the
infiltration part where you get your squadmate to distract guys

Is it going to pick up a lot later?

witness

So is it best to wait until you get to the point of no return to do this? I don't want to miss out on anything.

Really enjoyed this dlc, it was the only one I bought. But pissed that Ashley didn't get a proper romance scene, sucks since this is it(the end).

It was really fun fun the dialogue was great, the final fight was way better than the one in the sp story.

scarybore

Finally finished it, very much a fun ride and probably a labour of love for the devs.
Wrex putting ice on his balls (or at least I assume so), Edi's screwy eyes, Joker with his made up tale of heroism in an attempt to get free drinks, Javik getting started on his film career, really good stuff.

Was cool to have messages from Thane and Mordin, especially enjoyed Mordin's film noir style story of breaking Omega's only rule. Shame that I didn't see anything regarding Legion, even if they just had him topping all the high scores would have been a nice touch.

Pollux

I always thought they would explore a different story arc in the same universe.

Shepard is done. I was slightly questioning it until I played through everything Citadel had to offer.
Well not necessarily Shepard but the only thing I can think of in the same universe is to just start over. Maybe a new first contact war or something and no reapers in the subsequent games.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are you inviting people up to your apartment for one-on-ones? I got new waves of emails after meeting everyone in a set.

All I could do in my apartment from the terminal was reading emails or inviting people for the big party... i never saw the option to invite a single guy/girl to my apartment.

This sucks, but I guess i'll have to check again when i play with another Shepard.

angelicshadow

Neo Member
Just when I had almost forgotten how vanilla male Shep is...

...and yet...I will buy this like a sad, sad candy addict for a few more hours of fun with the squad. Damn you, ME3, you life-vampire! I wonder if this is as good as Leviathan? That was probably my fave of the later DLC's to come out. If it's half as good, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Bisnic

Just when I had almost forgotten how vanilla male Shep is...

...and yet...I will buy this like a sad, sad candy addict for a few more hours of fun with the squad. Damn you, ME3, you life-vampire! I wonder if this is as good as Leviathan? That was probably my fave of the later DLC's to come out. If it's half as good, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I find it better than Leviathan just because of how much different stuff there is to do(not just fighting bad guys. Hell, the combat is barely half the DLC if not less). If only the whole game was originally like that, it would have been sooo good.

And also for how funny it is. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. I never grinned so much while playing a DLC, or even a video game.

Kurtofan

I find it better than Leviathan just because of how much different stuff there is to do(not just fighting bad guys. Hell, the combat is barely half the DLC if not less). If only the whole game was originally like that, it would have been sooo good.

And also for how funny it is. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. I never grinned so much while playing a DLC, or even a video game.

So true, I was grinning all the way trough, it ached.

Mindlog

I only finished the first half.

This is what I always wanted the Citadel to look like.
This is a much better balance of combat and other.
This is a really good move in combat direction.

This is really goddamned easy. How many times am I going to keep checking to make sure it's on Insanity? It felt ridiculous standing in the middle of a combat area with my Sentinel popping off overload and then using the Spitfire to pop heads.

They need one more DLC. Mass Effect: Intervention. Shepard has a problem. Addicted to way too many powers.

Speaking of alternative names.
Mass Effect: Catharsis
Devs were like Bret Farve having fun out there. The number of MP references were cheesy, but I had nachos.

Jinjo

Finished all of it. DLC is amazing. Story is cheesy, but fun. And all the post-mission content is a lot of fun. Definitely the best DLC for Mass Effect.

All I could do in my apartment from the terminal was reading emails or inviting people for the big party... i never saw the option to invite a single guy/girl to my apartment.

This sucks, but I guess i'll have to check again when i play with another Shepard.

It was on the same terminal. You should've had three options: Invites for one-on ones, emails, and party invitations.

Keasar

This was actually a pretty damn good DLC. Tied it all up nicely. It was funny, lots of cool memories revisited, story was a lot of cliché but fun anyway. And I was quite teary eyed at the end when it was all over.

Just wish the actual ending could be more fitting to all this. Time to put Mass Effect 3 away for good.

Hahahaha, the party is hilarious. Jack and Miranda going at it again:
"I still really hate you, but you have great tits."

And meanwhile my Shepard is going
"You have no idea"

Dead

well not really...yet
I started up my Mass Effect 3 game, last save was March 2012 lol.

My next Main quest is apparently Priority: Perseus Veil. How far into the game is that? (ive logged about 18 hours so far) and is that a good point to play all the DLC? Just downloaded Leviathan, Omega and about to get Citadel...

So how far into the game does a save game need to be load this and enjoy all the content? If do I need to be at the point of no return, and what if Mordin already died or something, would I still get him?

Yup, I absolutely loved this piece of DLC. For me the best one by far. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the first two DLCs for Mass Effect 3, Citadel really caught me off guard however. The character interactions were awesome. I never had enough of those in the regular games, so this was great. I really couldn't stop smiling
throughout the party at the end there. Vega and the rest doing push ups, Joker dancing, Miranda and Jack ... so many great moments.

Lots of "finality" to it, probably obvious as it is the last DLC we're getting, but it might feel weird actually finishing the game now. Since I did that already, this was a proper ending for the moment.

Good stuff BioWare. This is the kind of DLC I'm getting, take note.

How come I wasn't able to invite Dr Chakwas to the party? :( Also anyone able to invite Mordin?

It's a nice piece of content, but really disappointed with just watching cutscenes with no real dialog choice. Also disappointed with no real interactivity at the party.

Also wth with the "got the be world longest QTE" with James!

DaQ3p0O.jpg

Godspeed, Shepard. Your song has finally ended.

Seriously, I'm not playing beyond the end of this DLC when I go through the whole series again in a few weeks. It almost feels like an epilogue.
It should have ended with the Normandy flying towards a sunset

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sooo I played this in a save file that didn't have a complete romance arc. The post-party sequence is
Javik having slept with Shepard.

So far I'm really digging this DLC. Had to finish up Omega before I could dive in. It pains me though, I wish Bioware really put more time into the Citadel because the areas in the DLC are fucking awesome.

Just skimming through this thread and avoiding spoilers (mostly!), it seems like I might wanna download this DLC. Truthfully I haven't touched ME3 since I got the original ending, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the Mass Effect universe. Need more closure!

Sooo I played this in a save file that didn't have a complete romance arc. The post-party sequence is
Javik having slept with Shepard.

ijxrxqWH0UpjF.gif

hahahaha wut

Jintor

Christ is this the piece of DLC that's gonna get me to buy ME3 DLC

I thiiiink it miiiiight be

I really miss Mordin :T

Tali makes me laugh

Her
Normandy impressions Shuuuuuuuuummmmmm and EDI going haywire then saying I'm ok

Brilliant DLC real fan service, the party would of made great post ending DLC but oh well

witness

So in my first playthrough I just finished
Rannoch
and got the trophy for romancing/staying with Liara earlier. Do I need to keep progressing the main story to see everything this dlc has or am I set?

kurahador

Done playing it. Man that was the best DLC by far, and the conversation between the characters were just ridiculous and fun. I'm gonna miss this series.

I smell a reboot.

Yeah...this is the only way I see they can do to take the franchise forward.

Bisnic

Does Wreav takes the place of Wrex if he died in ME1? Even as a squadmate too? Must be awkward, considering this krogan wants revenge on almost every races.

Top Bottom