• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Citadel |OT| The best.

Nemesis_

Lol, i was just going to post about it. The stupid zoom in on their eyes when they first see each other was so stupid.

Well it wasn't meant to be 100% serious.

And now the
vid that Javik is doing with the Hanar chucking a hissy fit for not getting top billing in the cast
with the awful script. I am grinning

JESUS this is so messy but I love it - the hanar
pulling guns on Shepard

We need GIFs STAT

There is a piano rendition of the OST track "Vigil". It's so great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
'Finished', but not really, because there seems to be a lot of post mission stuff to dig into.

Citadel is, essentially, BioWare recognizing that the Shepard series is over, and thus constructed a bundle of content with the singular purpose of sending off the series' most iconic and memorable tropes: running jokes, who Shepard is, the 'lore' of Mass Effect, and of course the rich cast of characters. Everything that happens centers around these tropes. Everything.

And in that respect it's very good, and very fitting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's the length of this thing?

Took me about two and a half hours to play through the main mission, with a little bit of dawdling and a couple of reloads (insanity). Plus there's a fair bit of post game stuff.

Dead

well not really...yet
Now that all the DLC is out I guess I can finally finish ME3 lol. Shame its gonna cost more to buy all the dlc than it does to actually buy the game itself at this point though...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh my god at Grunt and Wrex that never stops saying "Shepard." I just had to take a video of this. Just wish it didnt take over 15 mins to upload to Youtube because Fraps makes video files with ridiculous sizes, ugh.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Where exactly? Is it under the DLC page at BS? If so, I'm missing something.

I just clicked on the Downloadable Content option in the main menu ingame, which brought the option through Origin to buy it. That's how i always downloaded ME3 DLCs.

A joke as in, laughably bad?

Or genuinely every line is a funny joke?

as in, there are sequences where practically every squadmate in the series is radioing in to try and one-up each other with "hilarious" quips, one after another, like 6 in a row

GSR

Played through the main story and about an hour of the post-mission stuff.

You can tell everyone involved was just having fun with this, it's just so completely ridiculous. It almost feels like a post-ending AU of some sort.

Only complaint is that (unless there's more missions later, which I very much doubt) the ME2 squadmates can only be used in the combat simulator.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
as in, there are sequences where practically every squadmate in the series is radioing in to try and one-up each other with "hilarious" quips, one after another, like 6 in a row
So this is BW's awkward attempt to massage the player's prostate?

EatChildren

It good cheesey fun that will appeal to anybody who has stuck with the series this long and enjoyed the characters. Most people not fitting this catagory bailed out circa ME2.

there is a moment that is a microcosm for the dlc as a whole where a character repeats a tired, worn out fandom in-joke then immediately makes fun of themselves for running it into the ground

GSR

I forgot to say, I had to remake my Shepard when I imported him to ME3, and he wound up very slightly bug-eyed. For the main game that was a minus. For this DLC it just made everything a thousand times more spectacular, because at any given time he had a look on his face that just said "what the actual fuck."

Lakitu

st5fu
OMG I am SCREAMING at that scene between Traynor and the Asari following the party.

So dramatic and over the top. Crazy stuff.

There's several hours of stuff to do AFTER the main quest, and I am surprised at how well done it is.

When Shepard says "KICK HER ASS" and the camera dramatically zooms in.

And Shepard
dishing out the Asari shade - HAVE THE ASARI EVER EVEN WON A WAR?

Plus the hilarious pay-off at the end.
The Asari getting electrocuted and slowly sliding off her chair like a frozen piece of ice. I lol'd

Plasma

Banned
I finished the main quest last night last night, just have the post mission stuff to do now. It was really cheesy but I enjoyed it, Bioware made some great characters for this series and it was nice to see them all together again.

- J - D -

I finished this DLC just now. Well, that was surreal. I'm still not quite sure I believe any of what happened. At one point the absurdity of the plot and dialogue had me convinced that at any moment, Shepard would turn to the camera and wink. It's almost too clever and self-referential for its own good sometimes.

God, that was fun. And it's not even finished, it seems. Still need to do some mini games.

I've always wanted to see more of the Citadel throughout the series, and this DLC delivers the goods. The only technical issue that mars the presentation is the use of glaringly obvious low-poly character models used in a few scenes.

That. Was. AWESOME!

Greatly enjoyed it. Cheesy fun. Lots of nice character moments. Nice emotional send off at the very, very end.

Well worth the 15 bucks. Up there with LotSB in terms of add ons.

O.DOGG

I've been meaning to play the whole series once again starting with the first ME. This will be the cherry on top. I'll save it for last.

Xamdou

So in what order should I play the DLC? Which DLC has a permanent party member? How much war assets do I get per DLC?

exYle

So in what order should I play the DLC? Which DLC has a permanent party member? How much war assets do I get per DLC?

From Ashes -> Leviathan/Omega (interchangeable, Omega is optional) -> Citadel

From Ashes

Why do you care?

Xamdou

From Ashes -> Leviathan/Omega (interchangeable, Omega is optional) -> Citadel

From Ashes

Why do you care?

For my third question, I heard I need a certain amount of war assets to get the best ending? So SP only gives a specific amount, and you need to play mp to get the rest. Playing the DLC means I don't have to play MP to get the necessary war assets. Or how does it work?

Top Bottom