• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes -- New Gamespot Preview (Yes, newer)

Eric-GCA

Banned
Good news, hmm, they seem to have been able to get further through the game than Matt C. has, so they may have their review up before IGN.

Its too bad Nintendo couldn't release the game a bit earlier, but I guess they didn't want to put it directly up against Halo 2.

Mashing

SantaCruZer said:
argh gamespot spoiled a big thing for me...:(

What part of the preview was the spoiler in (or was it a screenshot?)... I want to read it but I don't want to be spoiled more than I already am.

Eric-GCA

Banned
I'm guessing 9.6 though the lowest I think it would get would be a 9.4

Hmm, its gonna be tough, playing through this and Half Life 2 next week and trying to decide which one "I" like more.

Ronin

Gamespot has already surprised me with higher than expected reviews with Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2, and Mario Power Tennis. They could do it again with MP2.

miyuru

A score is one thing, but Halo 2 will always have more of a following than MP in regards to longevity because of the multiplayer, and that's something you can't take away from it despite a potentially lower score.

FoneBone

miyuru said:
A score is one thing, but Halo 2 will always have more of a following than MP in regards to longevity because of the multiplayer, and that's something you can't take away from it despite a potentially lower score.
Nintendo fan that I may be, this is true.

Firest0rm

miyuru said:

lol, obviously. The score is meaningless to many of us, or it should be. But its gonna be a blast to see what happens at the other forums if MP2 gets a higher score :).

Speevy

Banned
I can't figure out IGN to be honest.

They're on this streak of referring to every Gamecube game as "Well so far it seems like more of the same, but we're not complaining. Fans of the original will know what to expect"

They said that for Pikmin 2, PM2, Mario Tennis, and now they're saying it for Metroid Prime 2. I smell a 9.4.

Speevy

Banned
I can see it now. College students around the country "Hey man, we're having another Metroid Prime Echoes tournament. Let's lock and roll."

WarPig

Speevy said:
I can see it now. College students around the country "Hey man, we're having another Metroid Prime Echoes tournament. Let's lock and roll."

You could convert a GameCube case into a pretty cool-looking bong.

DFS.

Deku Tree

Memles said:
How come nobody has picked up that he specifically didn't answer this question in the least?

It's probably extended endings with distinguishable differences just like other Metroid games.

Mashing

There is only one reason why they wouldn't put Super Metroid in as an unlockable. It's going to appear on their handhelds (DS or GBA).

Top Bottom