• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MH Wilds TGS PS5 demo: Unstable 30 FPS, low quality texture

LectureMaster

Gold Member
From a Chinese creator who had hands on on the PS5 demo at the show.

The first item translation: "PS5 is running at 30 FPS, the demo doesn't have performance mode. The game stutters during intensive FX scenes, the texture quality is underwhelming, some rocks completely miss textures. Frame rate is rather low during combat."

The rest are impressions for the game itself.

As I have brought up several times, I would like to see a deep dive into the RE Engine's struggling with open world design. I loved this engine as it was hailed as king of optimization for all Capcom's linear games (RE remake, DMC, etc.)

yqkUdfh.png

Elios83

The engine is not good for open world games, I think they already announced plans to revamp it. Also buy a PS5 Pro lol.

Makes sense considering the PC requirements. On the other thread people genuinely believed the pro will run this great lmao. All RE games on PC run flawlessly even on mid hardware so the fact that this shit requires framegen for garbage quality, was a clear indication it's got garbage optimization on every single platform.

StueyDuck

Yeah... I'll wait for someone like df or something.

Not some random Chinese gamer.

The game is obviously a hog but let's not judge a product that still has many months of optimization to go

So sad with such a great engine already running with big areas on PS5 with World. I did't find Wilds to have bigger areas or even more impressive monsters.

Game looks less impressive than World running on PS4. I remember been so impressed by World back then. Nothing impressive to see here.

GymWolf

Gold Member
So sad with such a great engine already running with big areas on PS5 with World. I did't find Wilds to have bigger areas or even more impressive monsters.

Game looks less impressive than World running on PS4. I remember been so impressed by World back then. Nothing impressive to see here.
World run on mt framework engine, wilds and rise are both on re engine.

And wilds definitely has bigger areas, the total number of areas is probably gonna be 4 or 5 like world, but every area is 2 times larger than worlds areas and there is no loading time between areas, so it's a full fledged open world basically.

Monster are more detailed but not by that much, human characters got the biggest graphic upgrade, now they look like ps4 re engine characters, human characters in world always looked meh even by 2018 standards.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
And I was taken apart on some other thread by fanboys because I was saying the game is not looking really good (while tempering that it will most likely be a very good game). LOL.
Anyone with working eyes noticed that dude, graphic and the game quality are not related, the game is gonna be my goty but i'm still gonna trash graphic and performance if i have to.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Anyone with working eyes noticed that dude, graphic and the game quality are not related, the game is gonna be my goty but i'm still gonna trash graphic and performance if i have to.
Oh yeah, but I'm not talking about normal people, I'm talking about fanboys who can't stand any criticism of their favorite Ip. And now here we are.

Right Danjin44 Danjin44 ?

Aion002

Gold Member
Fuck... If true, I am afraid to imagine how the series s version will look...

I will get it on the ps5, but I have a friend that already pre-ordered on the series s.

Watching Tv Bad Idea GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Hrk69

Gold Member
I don't fucking care. I'm gonna dump 1000hours in it.
You should care. I adore Monster Hunter games myself but launching a game in this state is absolutely laughable.

Coming from Rise/World to this mess is going to be dreadful.

Last edited:

Bitstream

If it isn’t optimization for the game engine then what is it?
Exactly. Game runs poorly = optimization issue. Under the hood the CPU either isn't being put to work efficiently, or is tripping over itself somewhere. Literally nothing they've shown has looked more resource intensive than last gen adventure games like Dark Souls 3.
If the PS4 could handle multiple friendly summons, invaders and all of the NPC enemies and bosses, current gen consoles can too. Never thought I'd point to a From Soft game as being programmed well, but here we are.

Stuart360

I mean even the 'launch Day Reveal' trailer had framerate problems. You know you have a heavy game when even the promotional material is running like crap.

hinch7

I mean when you advertise your recommended specs to run 60fps on PC; with frame generation as baseline. You know you have a poorly optimised game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom