• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MH Wilds TGS PS5 demo: Unstable 30 FPS, low quality texture

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Lol PC lives rent free in ur head brother
we are all the same brother.

I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg

TheKratos

Have people actually seen the footage? I checked Arekkz Gaming footage and it looked smooth, it seems uncapped 30fps and you hit 60fps quite often.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yeah, it does.

Wondering where the unstable 30fps is coming from then. Unless it's a different build or something.

Anyway, 60fps on PS5 Pro guaranteed.

Yeah this footage is definitely 60 FPS.

Possible that they are playing on a PS5 Pro, as it was one of the two games that was supposed to be available with a PS5 Pro during the demo? Can't say for sure though.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Yeah, it does.

Wondering where the unstable 30fps is coming from then. Unless it's a different build or something.

Anyway, 60fps on PS5 Pro guaranteed.

they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-lie.gif

Glad the game at least does not locked at 30fps on console. Seems fine most of the time.
The ps5 pro is going to be very important for this game. Glad I preordered it.

Last edited:
5 months of optimization left.

So far I was just in general disappointed with the graphical quality, or lack thereof, but it's a Monster Hunter game and I honestly never expected much in that regard.
But now I'm actually concerned the technical issues might affect the gameplay itself.
This game just went from "preorder" to "wait for reviews/Benchmarks".

I love monster hunter games... Come on Capcom, please don't ruin this....

delishcaek

Neo Member

Possible that they are playing on a PS5 Pro, as it was one of the two games that was supposed to be available with a PS5 Pro during the demo? Can't say for sure though.
They're saying that the build they're playing runs on PS5

Three possibilities:

1.) They're using FSR frame gen like Wukong and The First Descendant. Would fall in line with the 60fps with FG sys reqs on PC.
2.) This Chinese guy is lying (however I have seen the 30fps claim from people who have played it in the Japanese Twitter sphere as well)
3.) The build people played is an older version than what is being shown here.

Either way the PC reqs are even more of a joke when the game runs this well on a standard PS5 (assuming it's not with frame gen).

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

There are definitely slowdowns, but it's above 30. They have 5 months left though, so perhaps they can iron those out.

The game looks ugly as fuck. Some PS4 games look a lot better than this.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
There are definitely slowdowns, but it's above 30. They have 5 months left though, so perhaps they can iron those out.

The game looks ugly as fuck. Some PS4 games look a lot better than this.
True. Hopeful that they will resolve at least some of the issues.

Also agree that the game doesn't look that great. For a game releasing in 2025, by Capcom, this should have looked (and played) much better.

Thief1987

Its sad, but seems to be norm. Basically as the console life nears its end, developers keep going for better graphics over performance and they all become sub 30 xD

Where as in the beginning you got games running great at a smooth 60.(also added benefit of playing prev gen on new console at higher fps too)

Skipping this game and most other sub 30 games, for now.
Where do you see "better graphics" in this ps3 looking game?

Last edited:

Mayar

The moment they said this open world game would use the RE engine, the game signed its own death warrant in terms of optimization and performance. This engine is basically not suitable for open world games, and if no one has learned anything from the experience with Dragons Dogma 2, this game is unlikely to work well, especially on release - no matter if it will be PS5 or PS5 Pro or PC, everyone will suffer.

Mayar

95%, of course I really want that I am wrong. But unfortunately, recently the market trends and releases do not contribute to this confidence. And I will not 100% believe any leaks or any bloggers, etc, because only God knows what they launched this demo on, and they can say anything. Let them put the Demo on PSN or Steam, we will try it and draw conclusions, I will definitely not take their word for it, the credit of trust has long been lost.

XXL

95%, of course I really want that I am wrong. But unfortunately, recently the market trends and releases do not contribute to this confidence. And I will not 100% believe any leaks or any bloggers, etc, because only God knows what they launched this demo on, and they can say anything. Let them put the Demo on PSN or Steam, we will try it and draw conclusions, I will definitely not take their word for it, the credit of trust has long been lost.
I wasn't replying to you directly. Lol.

Footage was just posted showing MH Wilds running at 60fps on PS5.

Mayar

Footage was just posted showing MH Wilds running at 60fps on PS5.
I'll repeat, let them post it so we can play it ourselves, and we'll draw conclusions. Just watch the Dragons Dogma 2 demos from exhibitions, and then compare it with what was on the game's release when the game came out.

Top Bottom