• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Go through the "change device" process once, take a screenshot of it and e-mail it to yourself. If anything should happen to your phone you'll still always have the Terra Battle account.

I think I'm turning into Duckroll pre-bahamut/leviathan/odin event. Got nothing to spend stamina on really and getting dangerously close to possibly forgetting to login at all for daily bonus. Really wish Mistwalker would get new content faster out the door, it's been much too long since the last update.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Go through the "change device" process once, take a screenshot of it and e-mail it to yourself. If anything should happen to your phone you'll still always have the Terra Battle account.

I think I'm turning into Duckroll pre-bahamut/leviathan/odin event. Got nothing to spend stamina on really and getting dangerously close to possibly forgetting to login at all for daily bonus. Really wish Mistwalker would get new content faster out the door, it's been much too long since the last update.
You coulda spent time on Levia and Odin... I'm still swimming in things to do.

Falk

that puzzling face
You coulda spent time on Levia and Odin... I'm still swimming in things to do.

His point is not so much there's things to do. His point is, there's not much reason to do it. I kinda feel that way too. Like literally. Oh let's get Odin/Bahamut/Lev up to lv90 Lambda. And Marilith and Lich too because why not. But then again, what's the point?

It might have been alleviated a little had there been something more recent/better than 20-1 or 23-4 for the 'default' best-practice grinding area.

Heck, I actually feel relieved when a particular item grinding day comes up because it's a break from the monotony. Yes, that's right. I feel relieved when a grind day comes up.

Deadly

Yeah I never expected to change devices or whatever so I never did it. I couldn't get to that screen before I uninstalled anyways so I'm just screwed now.

Visceir

I've got a leftover account if anyone is interested, it was actually the one I originally started out with. Don't think I'll be using it myself. Has these characters:
dWAHb5S.jpg

Finalow

I've been playing for less than 30 days and I'm already feeling a bit like falk or duckroll. I have a lot "to do" but grinding exp, monsters for PoF or SB is getting quite boring.

maybe if they release an interesting PVP system I'll have a good reason for grindig all of that. //and for complaining even more when I don't pull the heroes I want//

I've got a leftover account if anyone is interested. Don't think I'll be using it myself. Has these characters:
-
I wish I could take that and transfer some of those heroes into my main account. :v

can you even play with 2 accounts on the same device

OMG Aero

Urg, + Pact Special Event so tempting.
They've been doing the two guaranteed S or SS ranks when recruiting ten people at the end of every month recently right?
I only have 21 energy at the moment but I was thinking of waiting to the end of the month then topping it up to do that, but now I can't decide if I should just use all my energy on this +Pact event instead.

duckroll

Damn Visceir that would make a pretty nice "starter pack" account. And that gets me thinking. For the way Terra Battle is designed, it wouldn't hurt for Mistwalker to consider selling starter packs along with energy.

They could limit it such that each account can only buy a starter pack once, and it would cost say 20 bucks, and be a random pack of fixed sets of 6 characters - a physical attacker, an elemental attacker, a healer, a mage, and a support. The sets can be balanced out such that there will always be a mix of something like B/B/A/A/S/SS between the 6.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'd pay for alternate art.

I'd pay for alternate art that replaces S'naip's icon with Dolan because that's what it always reminds me of.

Same for one of Ma'curi's jobs.

HawthorneKitty

They've been doing the two guaranteed S or SS ranks when recruiting ten people at the end of every month recently right?
I only have 21 energy at the moment but I was thinking of waiting to the end of the month then topping it up to do that, but now I can't decide if I should just use all my energy on this +Pact event instead.
Yeah, at month's end so far, but save it for that; the + pacts is just good for clearing the tavern.

This event seems only worthwhile if you've unlocked j3 on every characters for those free levels, or if most of your A and B guys are near SB% completion.

Visceir

This event seems only worthwhile if you've unlocked j3 on every characters for those free levels, or if most of your A and B guys are near SB% completion.

This event seems only worthwhile if you absolutely can't wait until the next 2x gold event. The bonus you get is so minimal that it's barely worth mentioning

The Velraine I pulled on the other acc got +0.7% SB and 3 levels, lol.

Kitoro

Yeah, I had a 200+ login day streak since launch, and I lost it thanks to their lack of content and my new obsession with Dragon Blaze, haha.

Wazzy

Banned
My party currently is:
Zuzu
Samantha
A'merpact
S'naip
Kusach
Bahl

And I'm on chapter 13. I rolled some characters and I'm not sure if I should replace some people in my party. I'm cool with switching Bahl out if it's a much better option.

I have:
Kana A
Amina SS
Metupi A
Lewto SS
Korin A
Gaiga SS

Any recommendations? I was thinking Lewto over A'mer but I like A'mer lol

Visceir

Chapter 6 has double item drop rate again. Good time to farm those metal tickets at ch 6-8 for arena metal zones.

Leveling Lewto should be your priority.

Once you have a SS mage with decent SB and the horizontal and vertical column skills(job2 lvl 15 & job3 lvl 35) unlocked doing Metal Zones and leveling up other characters gets much faster, more efficient and easier.

Also useful for pretty much every hunting zone.

HawthorneKitty

My party currently is:
Zuzu
Samantha
A'merpact
S'naip
Kusach
Bahl

And I'm on chapter 13. I rolled some characters and I'm not sure if I should replace some people in my party. I'm cool with switching Bahl out if it's a much better option.

I have:
Kana A
Amina SS
Metupi A
Lewto SS
Korin A
Gaiga SS

Any recommendations? I was thinking Lewto over A'mer but I like A'mer lol
I'd do it, Lewto is good.

Wazzy

Banned
Chapter 6 has double item drop rate again. Good time to farm those metal tickets at ch 6-8 for arena metal zones.

Leveling Lewto should be your priority.

Once you have a SS mage with decent SB and the horizontal and vertical column skills(job2 lvl 15 & job3 lvl 35) unlocked doing Metal Zones and leveling up other characters gets much faster, more efficient and easier.

Also useful for pretty much every hunting zone.

I'd do it, Lewto is good.
Cool thanks! I guess I'll replace A'mer with him. How about Bahl? Should I replace her with anyone?

Cool thanks! I guess I'll replace A'mer with him. How about Bahl? Should I replace her with anyone?
Bahl is awesome endgame sword unit though, and A'mer (being your sole Ice mage) is excellent when you're up vs fire.

Story-wise up to Ch. 30, you're set with what you have.
Afterwards (or if you got stamina to spare), keep all your SS leveled up.

Red Mage

So, I finally got around to Chapter 31. Wow, how much dog squeeze can you fit into a single battle? So, I need to grind endlessly and get a whole team of bow users up to level 70+ to continue? Because I am not seeing any other viable option for the stage.

HawthorneKitty

So, I finally got around to Chapter 31. Wow, how much dog squeeze can you fit into a single battle? So, I need to grind endlessly and get a whole team of bow users up to level 70+ to continue? Because I am not seeing any other viable option for the stage.
What is your team?

You'd need mass bows if you went in with level 70 guys, but any non-magic melee users will clear it at ~85.

Just stay clear of magic for that chapter.
I'm guessing magic users won't shine until we get those element specific chapters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Been noticing a trend actually - all the difficult content has an absurd RES stat just so it's not trivialized by the ridiculous AOE SS/Z mages put out.

Which makes all non-AOE mages pretty much completely useless, and by extension a lot of elemental-based characters.

Feels like they've painted themselves into a corner for this one, barring introducing a new baseline mechanic that differenciates AOE from direct pincer attacks.

HawthorneKitty

Been noticing a trend actually - all the difficult content has an absurd RES stat just so it's not trivialized by the ridiculous AOE SS/Z mages put out.

Which makes all non-AOE mages pretty much completely useless, and by extension a lot of elemental-based characters.

Feels like they've painted themselves into a corner for this one, barring introducing a new baseline mechanic that differenciates AOE from direct pincer attacks.
If only I had all 4 SS mages.

It's been a common trend in the recent updates, but to be fair it's not that bad.

Artemis III, Valkyrie III, Odin Ultra, The Last Story and Chapter 31 are the only ones I'd recommend skipping magic.

IMO, they should avoid having specific weapon/element per battles.
Add a mix of sword/bow/spear/fire/ice/light/dark at all times.
That'll make it worth having a mage or two to tear half the enemies.

Vena

Its a bit silly that the Collumn/Row abilities aren't damage toned down to make them not so overpowering. That way the A/B mages can offer some use with more focused, potent magics over the spreads of the SS mages.

Outside of adding a "unit" cost per tier and having a fixed cost per battle sort of balance system, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to simply introduce a balance pass on long/wide AoE that decreases their overall damage. Glacier should deal more damage than Glacier - Row/Column, etc. The SS mages do not lose their utility and they still have high-damaging AoE skills from the tier-3 spells but the B/A/S mages aren't left in the dust completely or made entirely useless because everything is balanced against AoE spam.

Red Mage

What is your team?

Amina
Rikken
Gugba
Puprope/u (the boy)
Korin
Last one changes depending on the stage, but usually Sheena or the Lightning Countess (forgot her name). I lack a decent Spear user.

You'd need mass bows if you went in with level 70 guys, but any non-magic melee users will clear it at ~85.

Just stay clear of magic for that chapter.
I'm guessing magic users won't shine until we get those element specific chapters.

...so, I have to grind 10 more levels just to beat it?

Falk

that puzzling face
Its a bit silly that the Collumn/Row abilities aren't damage toned down to make them not so overpowering. That way the A/B mages can offer some use with more focused, potent magics over the spreads of the SS mages.

Outside of adding a "unit" cost per tier and having a fixed cost per battle sort of balance system, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to simply introduce a balance pass on long/wide AoE that decreases their overall damage. Glacier should deal more damage than Glacier - Row/Column, etc. The SS mages do not lose their utility and they still have high-damaging AoE skills from the tier-3 spells but the B/A/S mages aren't left in the dust completely or made entirely useless because everything is balanced against AoE spam.

Just give 'hard' enemies a "resist 75% non pincer damage" and call it a day. Give all heroes 50% non-pincer damage resist in PVP.

Vena

Just give 'hard' enemies a "resist 75% non pincer damage" and call it a day. Give all heroes 50% non-pincer damage resist in PVP.

That's effectively the same thing, lol. So, ya, that works too. :D

I personally just like the points per unit system as it tends to invite some build theorycrafting into the mix, and I am big theory crafting fan.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's effectively the same thing, lol. So, ya, that works too. :D

I personally just like the points per unit system as it tends to invite some build theorycrafting into the mix, and I am big theory crafting fan.

The difference is that it's not universal, so the intentional AOE XP maps (23-4) could still be a thing. The passive would just need to be slapped on e.g. Odin Ultra mobs, etc so that AOE still doesn't oneshot each stage.

Vena

The difference is that it's not universal, so the intentional AOE XP maps (23-4) could still be a thing. The passive would just need to be slapped on e.g. Odin Ultra mobs, etc so that AOE still doesn't oneshot each stage.

Ahh I got ya. This way the SS/Z mages still keep their allure of power leveling capabilities for the generic grind stages, but on the harder content they are not necessarily hands-down optimal and game-breaking with their AoEs. Good idea!

Also, somewhat off the cusp question, is 23-4 better for exp farming than 20-1? Or is it just shorter and therefore more tolerable?

Falk

that puzzling face
(off top of head, probably wrong lol) 20-1 is far better in overall XP than 23-4 (roughly 1stam=10000 vs 1stam=6000) but is a far greater chore.

Also you can do 23-4 with 3 people if you want to power-grind them, although that results in much more overall XP loss assuming your AOE guy is already 90.

OMG Aero

Does anyone know when item drops are determined?
Like if I'm grinding 6-8 for metal tickets and the boss doesn't drop one, can I close the app to restart that battle to have another chance at getting one? Or is it already decided that the boss won't drop one?

Finalow

you should totally keep A'mer and replace Zuzu or Bahl for Lewto. Zuzu is better for early-mid game but Bahl can do much more damage when you get his terasword/x1.5 attack skills and a decent % of SB.

Does anyone know when item drops are determined?
Like if I'm grinding 6-8 for metal tickets and the boss doesn't drop one, can I close the app to restart that battle to have another chance at getting one? Or is it already decided that the boss won't drop one?
no matter how many times you restart the drops won't change.

HawthorneKitty

you should totally keep A'mer and replace Zuzu or Bahl for Lewto. Zuzu is better for early-mid game but Bahl can do much more damage when you get his terasword/x1.5 attack skills and a decent % of SB.
Uhhhhh Zuzu too good with fixed and evade.

duckroll

If we're talking about Ch31 in particular, Zuzu > Bahl. Almost all enemies are spears, and they do a lot of damage. So Bahl is a sitting duck, while Zuzu has a much higher survival rate due to evasion.

HawthorneKitty

brah I've seen Bahl doing 20k damage on a pincer

dps >> evade

I guess the delay is also nice (probably won't work in pvp? ;D) but I still wouldn't trade that for damage.
Yet you suggest replacing Bahl for Lewto while keeping A'mer...

zulux21

how bad is it I am sitting here looking at my character screen
debating if I want to just give my account away because I don't know if I care anymore.

I am like 1.5 mil away from 100% the pact that requires money as well.

I likely won't at this time... I will likely slowly grind out the money to finish the pact... but I am not sure what to do with the game anymore... I mean I suppose there is that single new chapter but that won't last long.

Finalow

Yet you suggest replacing Bahl for Lewto while keeping A'mer...
no, I was suggesting to replace one of the two swords with Lewto. having 2 (great) mages of both ice and fire seems better to me than having two swords.
and then I suggested to keep Zuzu until late-game where Bahl with the superior damage works better.

If we're talking about Ch31 in particular, Zuzu > Bahl. Almost all enemies are spears, and they do a lot of damage. So Bahl is a sitting duck, while Zuzu has a much higher survival rate due to evasion.
well yes in that chapter Zuzu seems better.

or you could just don't bring any sword at all :p

Visceir

Never dropping Zuzu, that evasive arts chain buff is just too good. Having a boss monster do one of those super destructive attacks that also shove your team around and your team just casually dodges it -- so awesome.

He still deals seriously good damage too. Almost have him at 100% SB, just 7% more to go.

Falk is banned? Hope he won't be gone for too long.

how bad is it I am sitting here looking at my character screen

debating if I want to just give my account away because I don't know if I care anymore.

I am like 1.5 mil away from 100% the pact that requires money as well.

I likely won't at this time... I will likely slowly grind out the money to finish the pact... but I am not sure what to do with the game anymore... I mean I suppose there is that single new chapter but that won't last long.
This is the point where you take a break because of burnout, and come back later when new stuff is up.

These mobile games aren't meant to be content crazy and played 24/7 anyway.

This is the point where you take a break because of burnout, and come back later when new stuff is up.

These mobile games aren't meant to be content crazy and played 24/7 anyway.
Try to remember to Daily Bonus as much as possible though, if/when you come back, you'll have a lot of extra new characters to play with.

I took a few months break shortly after launch and came back when The Last Story was announced and had an awesome set of characters ready by then.

Vena

Personally, I bounce between a few mobile games: Dragon Blaze, Monster Strike, P&D, and TerraBattle at current. And honestly, playing the former three always makes me want to go back to TB even after I had long since finished the game and its content barring Last Story. I have a decked out ascended crew in Strike, got bored with P&D and started playing P&DZ/SMB instead without needing to be Skinner Boxed, and Dragon Blaze oscillates between exceedingly boring and fun for me.

I just feel so much more in control of combat in TB than in the other games, and I like the build crafting aspect of it even if I wish it were a bit more robust and balanced around creativity rather than just slapping all SS/Z characters on your roster and calling it a day.

Xetherion

The problem with Terra Battle is that grinding is so boring because the enemies spawn in set patterns, so once you know the pattern for a stage you're just repeating the same movements over and over again. If they release an endless dungeon with random spawns that gets harder the deeper you go (with better xp, coins, and drops of course), that would solve this problem.

HawthorneKitty

The problem with Terra Battle is that grinding is so boring because the enemies spawn in set patterns, so once you know the pattern for a stage you're just repeating the same movements over and over again. If they release an endless dungeon with random spawns that gets harder the deeper you go (with better xp, coins, and drops of course), that would solve this problem.
There is an endless in the new download starter; we'll get there some year.

Visceir

I hope they will get the endless dungeon right, I bet it will be rather difficult to balance it well.

Got the Hunting Zone 3 trophy for coin creeps, still need the HZ2 one. Even with the boss appearing I get like 5300 coins without the +50% bonus, 10 k seems impossible :(

There's absolutely no reason why they would hold out or announce anything during E3, right?

Top Bottom