• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

chrono01

So you caught him twice in how many attempts? I tried once and it felt like a waste of energy for my lvl30 characters who got nothing of value out of it... but if he's not hard I'll give it a few tries more.
I haven't attempted it again, but I saw a screenshot on another forum with a user who accomplished it.

Visceir

So you caught him twice in how many attempts? I tried once and it felt like a waste of energy for my lvl30 characters who got nothing of value out of it... but if he's not hard I'll give it a few tries more.

Got him on my 4th try.

If I'm not mistaken he is essentially a S rank AoE fire mage. Pretty sure everyone could use him in their party. Haven't checked the stats, but I think its well worth it, even if it takes 10x to get it to drop

Aexact

So it's doable with level 30 characters? That's about where I'm at though the only 2nd job person I have is the freebie one.

linkent

Pull an S mage Zeera from the free energy, doesnt looks like a good character (or i do not know how to utilise these non healer mages)

Spear users are so rare!!

Any tips on killing the gold color metal that keep running away?
Anyway to boost low level character? Doing lvl 30 metal for level 10 S character only went up for 1/2 level. Feel too slow.

putermcgee

Sadly, I haven't gotten Bahamut yet, but I've only fought him/it twice. My characters are all in their low 20s if anyone's worried about not being strong enough. I may have had it easy because I have two ice mages, and a third I might use in place of a regular archer.

Visceir

Pull an S mage Zeera from the free energy, doesnt looks like a good character (or i do not know how to utilise these non healer mages)

Spear users are so rare!!

Any tips on killing the gold color metal that keep running away?
Anyway to boost low level character? Doing lvl 30 metal for level 10 S character only went up for 1/2 level. Feel too slow.

When I want to boost a specific character I do metal zone with only 2 - 3 characters, depending on how good the character is that I want to boost. This way the character gets 1/3 of all the exp rather than 1/6

If you're seriously starving for a spear user then you could always just farm Sabertooth King, I'd probably just do without one until I get one with 3 jobs.

linkent

When I want to boost a specific character I do metal zone with only 2 - 3 characters, depending on how good the character is that I want to boost. This way the character gets 1/3 of all the exp rather than 1/6

If you're seriously starving for a spear user then you could always just farm Sabertooth King, I'd probably just do without one until I get one with 3 jobs.

Ahhh so it is possible to do it with less character. I kept on using 4x 30 2x 10. Seems to be waste of energy.

Dont really need 1, just wanted to have 1(that has job option) for collection.
So far the game is easy till lvl12, using all characters with single job (except grace). One shot the whole game.
Did bahamut 5x, no drop T_T

Hasney

Oh man, only recently starting playing this week. Decided to crack on with an S & an A on my first rolls as I couldn't be bothered re-rolling. Got the free energy today and got an SS in Gerra, also my first bow user. Very happy.... And very glad no-one was in the stall next to me when I cheered.

wilflare

Forgot to check in a few days ago and lost mine too. Sucks that after like 10 log ins, you stop getting anything good (since those gave energy)

hmm so we lose that consecutive bonus as well? even if I try to do a 10 day now?
there's no need to re-roll in this game to get a good starter or something right?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How long is that event running?

Got Bahamut on my first attempt! He looks like a xenomorph lol. I'm guessing they'll open a new difficulty every day, considering that the event runs for three days, according to the What's New section.

Aexact

Whoa, caught Bahamut on the first try, level 20s rec is definitely accurate.

He comes with three jobs!
... And requires what appears to be a legendary sword called Caladbolg to upgrade? Can't find an entry for that on the wiki.

Neo Dark

hmm so we lose that consecutive bonus as well? even if I try to do a 10 day now?
there's no need to re-roll in this game to get a good starter or something right?

I think I worded that badly. There's a login bonus day and a consecutive bonus day. Login bonus day and a consecutive login bonus day. Consecutive goes forever but the regular login bonus day only goes up to 10.

As for re-rolling... people suggested it but it's not necessary. The main reason was because when the game had its soft launch, it didn't give as good of a healer.

In other news, I forgot they were adding Bahamut. Went to try it just now and well.. got this on my first try.
xga5erb31bni77b6g.jpg

RalchAC

I've just downloaded the game!! Is quite good, like a SRPG meets Puzzle and Dragons thing.

I've done the first area and some of the second levels. The events you're talking about aren't for newcomers, right?

anaron

Nope, don't have to be lvl 20, it has a difficulty level of lvl 20, but you could probably even beat it with lvl 15 - 17 characters or even lower.
Oh sweet.

Just used the 5 energy gift from the Bahamut event and rolled S class Lunato. Feels so damn good. :3

desverger

So Bahamut is a fire mage type? That's kind of funny, since I pulled Daiana with the free energy they gave me from the Bahamut event.

My characters are barely lv20, so not sure if doing the Bahamut event is wise atm and seeing how I just got an identical mage :p

Would be nice to know how long it's going to be up, so I could progress a little further and level up my characters.

kottila

So Bahamut is a fire mage type? That's kind of funny, since I pulled Daiana with the free energy they gave me from the Bahamut event.

My characters are barely lv20, so not sure if doing the Bahamut event is wise atm and seeing how I just got an identical mage :p

Would be nice to know how long it's going to be up, so I could progress a little further and level up my characters.

I've done him twice with level 20-22 chars. (haven't gotten him yet, I must've upset the rng-gods as I only have one s and two a's so far)

Neo Dark

Bahamut was a pushover. :( Tried twice but he didn't join me.

He seems good but doesn't seem like he will be of much use at the moment.

Yeah... that Bahamut arena was pretty easy if you had characters over the recommended level of 20. I literally went probably 3/4 of the arena without getting hit once.

Visceir

I guess the weapons for the job2/3 changes will drop in the next Bahamut dungeons. I wonder when those will be available.

Pudding TIme has been a dick today and hasn't given me a single rare ore with the 4 runs I've done. Don't really need em but I wanna get 3 more Orichalcum to get Zuzu to job3.

GeoGonzo

4 runs no bahamut club member here.

It feels a bit silly but after thinking about it its still good use of my stamina. Maybe next time, right?

Kntj

Four tries and no bahamut for me also.

Btw, if someone were to reroll today, they would get 15 energy for every roll, right? Good day to start playing.

Visceir

Four tries and no bahamut for me also.

Btw, if someone were to reroll today, they would get 15 energy for every roll, right? Good day to start playing.

Pretty sure that the bahamut 5 energy was only for existing accounts, just like the 500k bonus...and just like the (assumed) 1mil downloads bonus will be.

forgrim

4th try club. Interestingly he's leveling slower than my SS class characters. Started a metal parade w 2 level 1 SS and bahamut and he's lower level

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Got him on my fifh try finally now.

putermcgee

Looking at the post earlier from a debug version that shows three different Bahamut events, I'm guessing it will change each day, and each one will be the art from its three different jobs. Whether or not that meant Bahamut will have three different attack patterns is another story. I hope that's the case because it doesn't seem like a worthwhile fight after it joins your team otherwise.

I've done five Bahamut fights, and have zero Bahamuts to show for it.

Top Bottom