• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Listonosh

Four times no Bahamut, dupe A rank archer from the energy, TB testing my patience this morning ;)

you're telling me, the RNG has been nothing but a dick to me. Never pulled an S or SS, only one A and dupes. Still no bahamut after running it four times. I hate this game

Video message from Nobuo Uematsu

I hope it's an error that he says we'll only be able to download 2 songs from the soundtrack. :/

Yeah what the hell. I'm always interested in any music he makes, but waiting for 900k downloads only to then find out that it's 2 songs? Why hold it back?

Just put the damn soundtrack on iTunes and I'll pay 10 bucks or whatever. What is accomplished by not making it available?

And also, where do I actually download anything? I just see that the goal is reached, but now what?

3 tries, still nothing... When do you usually get the notification saying that you got him? When you receive your money and materials, or after the very last story bit?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
3 tries, still nothing... When do you usually get the notification saying that you got him? When you receive your money and materials, or after the very last story bit?

Right after you defeat him, you can see the monster icon going up above the line where treasure chests go.

Took me 5 tries, keep trying.

Ryuukan

Yeah what the hell. I'm always interested in any music he makes, but waiting for 900k downloads only to then find out that it's 2 songs? Why hold it back?

Just put the damn soundtrack on iTunes and I'll pay 10 bucks or whatever. What is accomplished by not making it available?

And also, where do I actually download anything? I just see that the goal is reached, but now what?

I would imagine its to give people a free sample of the OST that will be on iTunes for purchase in the near future

GeoGonzo

Nine tries and still nothing. Ugh. Am I maybe lowering my chances by using a high level party? Does in need to be captured my lvl20s?

got bahamut on 1st try! oh yeah! can he replace Daiana? we'll see. is there any point to redoing the event?

oh and i got Kuscah for the 4th fucking time using the energy. i'm not spending a single dime again just to avoid shit like this.

Visceir

Nine tries and still nothing. Ugh. Am I maybe lowering my chances by using a high level party? Does in need to be captured my lvl20s?

I wouldn't know for sure, but I did it with a lvl 33 - 40+ party and pretty much just one-shot it.

Seems like most people get it in 1 - 6 tries.

got bahamut on 1st try! oh yeah! can he replace Daiana? we'll see. is there any point to redoing the event?

oh and i got Kuscah for the 4th fucking time using the energy. i'm not spending a single dime again just to avoid shit like this.

Heard Bahamut is harder to level than SS characters. If I had to choose between Daiana and Bahamut I'd go with Daiana right now. especially since there is no known way to get bahamut to its job3.

I've saved up 10 energy and will probably not recruit any more units until the new bonus units get added. The chance of me getting the new units is extremely slim, but I'm not really in serious needs for a specific party member right now.

Deitus

Got Eileen as my recruit for the free energy. She starts with a sleep spell, which will be handy, so that I don't have to keep using my weak monster recruit every time I do Metal Zone, and she gets Levitation (All) on her second job (though I haven't unlocked that yet).

Took 4 runs to get Bahamut, which all in all is not too bad. I'll hopefully get a few chances to run through some of the Hunting Zones today to pick up the few materials I'm short to upgrade more of my jobs (so I don't have to wait until Tuesday). Which zone is available rotates every hour on Fridays, correct?

From what I've read, the items needed to upgrade Bahamut come from the later dungeons (and the screenshot posted a couple of pages ago shows that there are 3 Bahamut dungeons). Do we know when the next dungeon is supposed to be available yet?

Hastati

Surprised to get an SS today, and it was yet ANOTHER beastwoman. Not complaining at all, but there are really a large number of non-human characters in this game, aren't there? Gaiga, Amimari and Zafitte, all beastfolk, all support/indirect playstyles. Managing your party in this game can be kind of difficult, you really have to make creative use of what you get. I love the characters themselves, I just wish I was better at managing them.

GeoGonzo

My party was all around 35 and i got him first try. Just comes down to luck i guess.
I see, that helps (if nothing it gives hope).

On the bright side I can now clear the ten waves in ten turns since I know where everything spawns.

11 tries and counting. 2 stamina refills used so far.

0-1 Against Bahamut, beat him but didn't get him.

I did however get an SS Rank character, Czekras the Preemptive.

So now I have two SS Rank Characters and one S. So hell yea I've been wanting a powerful swordsman and I certainly can't complain about this guy!

Folstern

Tried Bahamut 4 times, got him twice. Skill boost is only 1%. Got duplicate Kuscah with my free roll, I'll take it. Higher chance of that Heal going off.

jackal27

Banned
Wow. This game surprisingly fun! I usually hate F2P games, but this is pretty great! I wish that maybe there were some sprites or battle animation, but the art is gorgeous so whatev.

Some Nobody

Tried twice and haven't gotten him. Used the five energy to try for a character and just got a boost for Nakupi, which I didn't even know was possible. Stupid way to do things. No one would actually pay for that if they didn't have to.

Hige

Took me 6 or 7 tries for Bahamut--I lost track. Bahamut is considered an adventurer, but Ethereal is considered a monster? I guess it's because of the job changes, but that's harsh!

Used the five energy to try for a character and just got a boost for Nakupi, which I didn't even know was possible. Stupid way to do things. No one would actually pay for that if they didn't have to.
It's the same as the other mobile games such as PAD and BF, except the dupes don't clog up your monster box. In those games, people just fuse the same dupe monsters for the bonus most of the time anyway.

I like TB's system better, but it does suck to get dupes in any of these games.

Aexact

From what I've read, the items needed to upgrade Bahamut come from the later dungeons (and the screenshot posted a couple of pages ago shows that there are 3 Bahamut dungeons). Do we know when the next dungeon is supposed to be available yet?

I guess the items for the 2nd and 3rd bahamut jobs will come from those two other bahamut fights in that screenshot?
Oh man, I hope the difficulty on the next levels isn't that much higher.
... Or the drop rate isn't super low. After this events over, no way to get Caladbolg or whatever his next upgrade item is then.

Tried 10 times on the Bahamut dungeon, still nothing...

It's the same as the other mobile games such as PAD and BF, except the dupes don't clog up your monster box. In those games, people just fuse the same dupe monsters for the bonus most of the time anyway.

I like TB's system better, but it does suck to get dupes in any of these games.

Love that there is no dupe/box management, (or even friend list), all stamina are spent on gacha (be it that I get a B character like 80% of the time)

I'm thinking round 2 will be for level 40s and round 3 for 60s to add that extra challenge.
(or something like level 30 and 40)

They'll probably give some time for people to level a bit before releasing the other tiers.

Akahige

Surprised I managed to beat Bahamut on my first try with my shitty leveled characters.

To celebrate I used that free new energy and finally got an A character and then another A character. No S or SS yet but two A seems good enough.

wrowa

Rolling duplicates all the time is killing this game for me, seriously. Every time I get enough energy to roll for a new character, I just get a lame skill boost. It would make sense if I already had a lot of characters, but that's not even the case. I planned to spent money on this, but I'm not going to spend money only to feel instant frustration.

Top Bottom