• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

I know I'm the only member of JaysGAF left at this point, but here's a fun fact/illustration of how painful this season's been to watch: going back to the beginning of baseball, JP Arencibia has the 13th lowest OBP in history for batters with at least 400 PA. Up it to 450 PA, and he's tied for 5th lowest. Make it modern baseball history (so since 1920), and he's tied for 3rd lowest. If it drops just a few more points, it'll be the worst ever.

But trading away Travis D'Arnaud for the husk of RA Dickey was totally worth it.

That's horrific. I looked it up and mistook his OBP for his AVG and I was like "how bad could his OBP really be?" Took me a few looks to figure it out. Damn.

That's horrific. I looked it up and mistook his OBP for his AVG and I was like "how bad could his OBP really be?" Took me a few looks to figure it out. Damn.

Yeah.

Oh, and his road OBP: .188, to go along with a batting average of ,147. And that're before he went 0 for 4 (with 3 Ks, of course) tonight.

Somehow his WAR is -0.5, which is the first thing that's ever made me question WAR as a stat. It must really, really like catcher home runs.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yeah.

Oh, and his road OBP: .188, to go along with a batting average of ,147. And that're before he went 0 for 4 (with 3 Ks, of course) tonight.

Somehow his WAR is -0.5, which is the first thing that's ever made me question WAR as a stat. It must really, really like catcher home runs.

Yeah, being a positive defensive catcher will take you a long way.

I know I'm the only member of JaysGAF left at this point, but here's a fun fact/illustration of how painful this season's been to watch: going back to the beginning of baseball, JP Arencibia has the 13th lowest OBP in history for batters with at least 400 PA. Up it to 450 PA, and he's tied for 5th lowest. Make it modern baseball history (so since 1920), and he's tied for 3rd lowest. If it drops just a few more points, it'll be the worst ever.

But trading away Travis D'Arnaud for the husk of RA Dickey was totally worth it.

And still couldn't have a better season than the gimpy Yankees. smh

Branduil

So if the Rangers don't win the last two games of this series they won't have won a single series outside of the division after June.

This Cards/Brewers game has been insane. Props to the Brewers for putting up a fight by using their closer in a high leverage 8th inning spot after they complained about the Astros rolling over for teams in 2011.

Wow, the other two Matts come through!

5-2 wooo

ahh we didnt get 38k for the game

Ah yes... That moment when things look so good that you are discussing disappointment in the attendance figures...

I didn't even cheer. I just shook my downturned head, as I know what a BS loss that is for Pirates fans. I remember that feeling... like it was just last week!

Top Bottom