• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

19dYwI2.gif

vikki

I hate having to watch the Sox games on the YES network. Announcers are whining about the check swing call, which was close enough to go either way, unlike that Vernon Wells call at third.

Sanjuro

I hate having to watch the Sox games on the YES network. Announcers are whining about the check swing call, which was close enough to go either way, unlike that Vernon Wells call at third.

Like I always say. Greatest franchise in the history of baseball, the worst announcers in history. Fucking pathetic.

Although, I'm not doing so well over here with Eck filling in for Remy. He is scrambling my brain.

vikki

Like I always say. Greatest franchise in the history of baseball, the worst announcers in history. Fucking pathetic.

Although, I'm not doing so well over here with Eck filling in for Remy. He is scrambling my brain.

Eck was killing me the other day talkin' bout throwing salad. Remy dealing with his son right now?

Sanjuro

KOJI GETS JOSEPH GORDON LEVITT FOR THE WIN!!!

THHEEEEEE REDDDDD SOXXX WINNN...or whatever the fuck those homers say.

Great game.

YES not showing other angles. Surprise, surprise.
I'm not saying that the call was an easy one to make from West's point of view, just showing that the Yankees and their fans have a right to be upset. Also not saying that the blown call is the entire reason they lost, because it's far from it.

Sanjuro

I'm not saying that the call was an easy one to make from West's point of view, just showing that the Yankees and their fans have a right to be upset. Also not saying that the blown call is the entire reason they lost, because it's far from it.

You just said "Really wasn't that close", which is vastly different from "I'm not saying that the call was an easy one to make", which is still different from "the blown call".

Khalid-S

Was a tough game. I really don't want to see Thornton in the postseason. He have been miserable since he landed at Fenway.

Thank god for KOOOJJJJIIIII
p0QHO.gif

You just said "Really wasn't that close", which is vastly different from "I'm not saying that the call was an easy one to make", which is still different from "the blown call".
When you go back and can freeze frame it, it's not close and can be considered a blown call. You can get a call wrong without it being an easy one you know.

And Boston deserved to win regardless, not taking anything away from them. But take the Sox fanboy blinders off and realize that this call did also hurt the Yankees. Not sure what's difficult to comprehend here.

vikki

Really wasn't that close.
SgTyWyA.jpg

And right before they showed that angle they showed it from above and it certainly looked like he checked it. That angle isn't a shot straight from the side, it is behind the batters box too. The call could have gone either way, but for an announcer to get hung up on it is silly.

Sanjuro

And right before they showed that angle they showed it from above and it certainly looked like he checked it. That angle isn't a shot straight from the side, it is behind the batters box too. The call could have gone either way, but for an announcer to get hung up on it is silly.

Those are the same announcers who proclaimed "Alex Rodriguez is back!" after hitting a hard line drive caught by the third baseman.

Yeah right. The bat is a foot in front of the plate, and even if the angle isn't straight on you can still tell he swung through. That should have been the 3rd strike, it gave Victorino another chance which lead to the game winning run.

Top Bottom