• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Someone motivate me to farm Zinogre please.

Or i'll never do it. :(

giphy.gif

Jesse-

I've got the game on 3ds, but can't for the life of me figure out how streetpass works.
How do I get rid of the green bulb on the game icon?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Talk about misleading. So basically I would just have to do trial-and-error until I find a monster that drops it? I guess I'll be looking things up from now on.

Yeah, this kind of shit is why I put down Tri after like four hours way back when. The first couple hours of this game are really not newbie friendly.

upandaway

Couldn't find any peeps at the regular place XD, back to GTA5 then =P
Apparently your regular place is not the regular place!

We're playing in the room at the bottom of the OP, dunno where you checked man

what's your NNID? I don't want to quit tbe room l'm in now just to find no one there when l check. lt's best to warp.

EDIT: Seems a few of us keep missing each other.
Yeah it went full and now two people went, I just opened a new room

My NNID is y.alon

edit: no one's coming again.. seems like i have a curse for opening rooms

Apparently your regular place is not the regular place!

We're playing in the room at the bottom of the OP, dunno where you checked man

Yeah it went full and now two people went, I just opened a new room

My NNID is y.alon

Lol yeah think I checked wrong, I should probably add you too, but anyway I've got things to do (not GTA5 XD) so I don't know when I'll be back on lol. Hopefully you guys are still on when I come back.

Hedge

My god.. I haven't played in two weeks. The Caedeus fight is my next, and I've heard it's tedious and horrible and I hate underwater combat. The lagiacrus longsword is my best shot at this, right?

Aiustis

My god.. I haven't played in two weeks. The Caedeus fight is my next, and I've heard it's tedious and horrible and I hate underwater combat. The lagiacrus longsword is my best shot at this, right?

Caedus isn't that bad. Just stay out of its way. Idk what weapon because I only use dual blades and sword and shield; I beat it with the Dirty Baron.

tuffy

Hope I could help out a little before dog duty pulled me away. I hate having to close the room on people (apparently MH4 handles host departures better). I should be able to swing by again if anybody needs anything.

upandaway

Hope I could help out a little before dog duty pulled me away. I hate having to close the room on people (apparently MH4 handles host departures better). I should be able to swing by again if anybody needs anything.
Well I'm still there (and will probably be for a while, just got my shift tomorrow pushed up) farming Earth Crystals
alone
if you wanna come over

upandaway

And.. done. That was close to 12 hours of MH, haha. Phew. It was pretty much nonstop helping with my quests so thanks peeps.

I'm not really sure how I'll do solo quests anymore because I'm kinda addicted to monsters falling apart in 3 minutes now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

The actual Caedeus fight is fine, I'd even call it fun. The bullshit segment before the fight starts can go die in a fire.

isual

Alright, I'm good to go online any time today. Samurai/tuffy/anyone else, when's a good time?

It's an easy enough quest, his health is consistent between quests so just keep at it and it'll happen.

Thunder is a better element, but if you can't make one, use fire.

I can make thunder...is the chainsaw LS or the lagi LS better ?

Qurupeke

I can make thunder...is the chainsaw LS or the lagi LS better ?

The chainsaw one has chainsaw sound effects. Choose that. :p

Well, personally I never made the Lagi one, but the other is really great. Along, with a Wyvern blade fire they're really helpful.

Oxx

I think I have streetpass set-up now.

I think there were at least 3 people I saw with MH3 as their last-played game recently that I missed-out in while I worked things out.

Edit: 4 MonHun passes on a Sunday morning. Purchase already justified!

About playing online in the GAF room, when is it fun/useful? As I'm currently pretty weak.

Veterans love to help peeps so you'd be fine, the only problem is you'll lack the satisfaction of feeling like you did the demolishing to the monsters XD, but just gotta find peeps in it that's all.

The Boat

I'm pondering getting this for the Wii U, but I'm undecided. For starters I've already put loads of hours in the Wii version and played a bit of the 3DS. Not only that, but I'm not entirely sure I'll have the time to play it regularly.

Digital is useful for this game, but I orefer physical... I do love me some Monster Hunting though.

Aiustis

I'm pondering getting this for the Wii U, but I'm undecided. For starters I've already put loads of hours in the Wii version and played a bit of the 3DS. Not only that, but I'm not entirely sure I'll have the time to play it regularly.

Digital is useful for this game, but I orefer physical... I do love me some Monster Hunting though.

Just transfer then! That's what I did. I was like no way I'm starting from scratch.

Does anyone know how to use a mic with this game and will any mic work?

upandaway

What's a good quest for Los Mantles and Palliums? Can I go ahead and try farming the normal Rathalos/Brachy quests or is there some hidden one?

About playing online in the GAF room, when is it fun/useful? As I'm currently pretty weak.
I could help out online this week, starting Tuesday, probably, though I dunno how much you wanna play with someone who only has G rank gear. Seems like there are a lot of new peeps recently so maybe you guys can play the early parts together.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What armor should I focus on for Switch Axe and Lance use? It's overwhelming at times how many choices there are...

Also, Lagiacrus capture is annoying. He never started limping, so I never knew when I could cap him. I need Shell Shocker's for my Bolt Axe upgrade...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What armor should I focus on for Switch Axe and Lance use? It's overwhelming at times how many choices there are...

Also, Lagiacrus capture is annoying. He never started limping, so I never knew when I could cap him. I need Shell Shocker's for my Bolt Axe upgrade...

Gem in the capture guru ability, so long as you keep him tagged you'll know when you can cap him. (the dot will start flashing)

Aiustis

When ever Rathian/Rathalos hits me with a fireball I start singing "Girl on Fire"

Anyone know a good armor set for sword and shield?

also

Banned
All of the quests with the higher percentage are Mega Potion quests.. hmmm. Not sure if that's better than the normal one-monster quests (for Mantle, at least).
For Brach Pallium I would definitely recommend A Cold Day in Hell. As for the mantle, you should cross your fingers and hope that you get the right [Advanced] quest (Blue, Blue Skies and Rathalos Summit).

All of the quests with the higher percentage are Mega Potion quests.. hmmm. Not sure if that's better than the normal one-monster quests (for Mantle, at least).
If you are looking for Brachydios pallia, I've got 4 of them by helping two groups of people with their HR6 urgent quest. You get to fight two of them in a single mission and it's a quest that seems to be a lot of demand for. Just make sure you have one or two people in your party that can cut tails. The canteen quest might technically have a higher chance, but people don't seem as eager to play that quest.

Chuckpebble

I'm pretty behind on my MH but did the Attack on Titan DLC ever come out over here? And did it get a reskin or stay AoT?

I had no idea what Attack on Titan was until Tiny Cartridge started talking about the 3DS game a few weeks ago. Looks insane. Unfortunately, it looks like we don't get that tie-in.

Anyway, I think that this is the Japanese DLC:
進撃の巨人・訓練兵団の休暇
Goal: Hunt a Rust Duramboros
Time Limit: 50 min.
Reward: 17100z
Contract Fee: 1570z
Terms: HR 6 or higher
Special Reward: 訓練兵団入団証
Unlocks: 訓練兵団 / 立体機動装置 (armor/chest, waist, legs)
image.jpg

It's from an event where you hunt a Rust Duramboros.

The equivalent quest for the US version appears to be a pair of dual swords.
The Mountain in the Desert
Goal: Hunt a Rust Duramboros (giant size)
Time Limit: 50 min.
Reward: 17100z
Contract Fee: 1570z
Terms: HR 6 or higher
Special Reward: Far East Sword
Unlocks: Bushido (dual blades)

I got that info from this site: http://mh3gsd.jimdo.com/
It compliments kiranico.com quite well, wish the two would join.

upandaway

Just did Mark of a Hero today. I packed my pouch until there was no room left haha, and it still took me 3 tries (no cart on the winning attempt though). Really they give you so many mega potions in the quest itself that there was no reason to stay below full health the whole time. I was too afraid to demon dance so it took me 35 minutes.

And that Azure Rathalos :lol poor guy, during all 3 times the Brachydios killed him. Smacked him down from the air, flinched him out of roars, etc etc. That Brachy is such a bully.

Top Bottom