• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Wolfe

None that I know of, I just prefer having carts myself. ACNL is still the only game I've bought digitally, seemed like a good choice given the type of game it is.

That doesn't really help you I imagine lol, if you feel it's a game that you'd benefit from not having to bother plugging the cart in to play then go for it.

ohlawd

dunno any differences in loading times but go digital if you don't care about carts. Plus it's nice to have anytime... and provided you have space.

if it matters, the Wii U version benefits from having it on the hard drive than the disc. Shaves off a couple seconds during loading. Love it; can't go back to my disc.

yea, I have the wii u one, but there are a few players near where I live that I found, but i can't find a local copy. going to try one more store tomorrow before we play.... but I just am afraid to put that much money in the eShop unless I have to. I prefer carts, I guess I was searching for a reason to buy it instantly.

PKrockin

Tremble of the Sea and Land (Lagiacrus/Queropeco/Royal Ludroth theme) always gets me pumped. It's also fitting for those "oh shit" moments like when I free hunted a Great Jaggi early on trying to figure out the Hunting Horn and a Royal Ludroth decided to crash my party.

This game got a lot easier now that I switched to the Lance. I rarely get hit now and am killing new monsters even faster. When I do get hit it doesn't hurt me much in my Lagombi armor, even though I have a huge pile of Armor Spheres I could use on it...

Wolfe

I think for my next solo high G rank hunts I'm going to fall back on the switch axe again, it's what I started playing the game as so I'm plenty familiar with it (and I have a few decent ones made like the ceadeus one) but I ended up going Hammer mainly at some point due to how fun I found it.

I just have no doubt I'll have a far easier time wrecking shit solo with the switch axe at this point.

tuffy

is the bone blaster possible to solo w/ properly?
Sure it is. You'll be able to upgrade to the Bone Blaster+ with a few starter bugs and ores before the big fights start. That'll give you a pellet 1 clip to handle Great Jaggi and company along with normal 2/3 clips to handle most everything else. The biggest problem is the heavy bowgun's lack of mobility. But putting together a full suit of Lagombi (available as early as the 4 star Village quests) offers the Evade Extender skill which makes it easier to manage. Ammo shortages will be more of a concern later on, but carrying combination books and materials to make more will solve that too.

Pila

People who don't play this shit have a problem. Sometimes I want a 3DS just for MH during lunch breaks...

upandaway

QirIxv0.jpg

take me

take me far away

Just fought the village Ceadeus for the first time. Didn't know what to expect but it was fun. I managed to repel him and break everything so hopefully next time I do the quest I'll get the kill.

ohlawd

I don't got a set schedule so I try to join in whenever someone makes a room.

Problem is my timing is shit so most of the time the room is already full or they're done playing D:

tuffy

I try to show up for the GAF get-togethers whenever I can, but weekends tend to work out better since everyone's spread out all over the world.

I'm hoping to get some Rathian Ruby, that's near impossible.
I think i'll scream and cry when i got one.

I had that same experience with Rathalos Rubies. Just have to keep breaking those heads, cutting tails (if applicable), checking shinies and capturing.

Zarovitch

I try to show up for the GAF get-togethers whenever I can, but weekends tend to work out better since everyone's spread out all over the world.

I had that same experience with Rathalos Rubies. Just have to keep breaking those heads, cutting tails (if applicable), checking shinies and capturing.

That's what i do, again and again :)

PKrockin

Well I don't know where you all are at, but I'm still HR 2 (about to fight Caedus in the story) so if I get to 3 hopefully I can play with you guys since I'll be around tomorrow. What time?

tuffy

That's what i do, again and again :)
All that's left is to hug Poogie for luck beforehand and hope for the best!
Hopefully tomorrow!

I'd love some help with Challenge 10 (still 3 weapons left on that) and can help out with stuff too. Some event quests could be fun, maybe.
I've actually been learning some non-ranged weapons so I might be of some use in arena challenges (the Switch Axe is pretty neat). But I'm also up for events or just helping folks rank up. As usual, weekends or weekday evenings (CDT / GMT-5) tend to work best for my schedule.

What's a good strategy for hunting/ capturing a Diablos? Me and my friends where hunting him before but we kept running into problems. One's a Duel Blade user, the other a GS and I'm a Hammer ... but hitting his head is a no go for me cause I always bounce off.

Really want to break his tail, need that cast for armor.

Wolfe

What's a good strategy for hunting/ capturing a Diablos? Me and my friends where hunting him before but we kept running into problems. One's a Duel Blade user, the other a GS and I'm a Hammer ... but hitting his head is a no go for me cause I always bounce off.

As hammer get used to using the charged uppercut swing on his head, and when he's knocked on his side the super pound. No worry of bouncing off in those instances. The GS user should be great for cutting the tail off.

upandaway

GS: Will be cutting the tail by himself obviously. You should make sure he's locked in on it and not going for the legs/tummy in the rage mode rush.
DS: traps, flash and sonic bombs duty. Remember you can flash Diablos as it jumps out of sonic/pitfall traps. DS user will also keep the legs weak to make it trip a couple of times.
Hammer: should still stick to the head, the horns are nice breaks and you want the knockout. Superpounds and golf swings go through bounce so it shouldn't be an issue. If you can't do that, then at least keep the legs weak to give the GS more chances.

In all honesty one shock trap and one flash-falling should be enough for the GS to do it, but if the weapon is weak, between more flashes and traps, the knockout and the trips, it should be enough.

Anura

Upswing and super pound to build KO is really your best bet when hammering Blos in a group. You're going to need to count on your allies to deal any real damage as well as to cut the tail. The DS user should be right at home fighting Blos as they're great for staying underneath Blos and chipping away at his feet and tail stub. The GS is going to want to snipe for the most part and really focus on that tail as Diablos tails are very sturdy.

upandaway

That was great. We did a bunch of stuff, not much left before I'm done with everything I wanted to do in the game.

Might go back on later today.

ohlawd

gawd dammit.

well if anyone's on I'll join in.

I'm bored out of my nuts today. Demon Gaze is surprisingly boring and I don't feel like hitting the backlog.

tuffy

You will not believe me, i've hug Poogie and got a Ruby Rathian in a shinny thing.

Here's a picture.
I will believe you because that's what happened to me. I was looking for that last Rathalos Ruby I needed over and over again with no luck. So with nothing to lose, I gave Poogie a hug and got it on my next try.

Probably just a coincidence, but I got that Ruby.

Wolfe

Definitely just a coincidence :p, I never touch that pig and my friends that I used to play with would get annoyed at me with how lucky I would regularly get with my drops. It's partially why I've been able to make so much G rank gear even though I generally do G rank by myself (for the monsters I wanted to kill at least, when playing with friends I always let them pick stuff they want to fight).

But regardless congrats :)

Anura

Just like the desire sensor, right? I mean that thing also exists, right? As an actual in-game mechanic?
Of course it does! Now that I have everything that could ever need a Rathian Mantle I get at least one every Ian hunt. I think I'm up to 12 or so... But woe be to me if I ever need A. Lagi horns again

Wolfe

I'm the anti-thesis to the desire sensor and hugging poogie then.

It's tough seeing the MH4 OT given that I won't be playing it till it comes out in NA :(

Demoli

20 diablos and not a single majestic horn.

DESIRE SENSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

At least i got a rusted GS from one mission

Top Bottom