• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Hattori

Banned
FiLvpJJ.jpg
just saw this Attack on Titan Set, looks awesome

we need more DLC armors/weapons dammit!

Haunted

Speaking of DLC equipment, did the Powderstone event quest give any or what was the point of that? I think I did it once but didn't notice getting a special item.

Ultratech

just saw this Attack on Titan Set, looks awesome

we need more DLC armors/weapons dammit!

The DS are supposed to be really awesome.

Unless you have S+1, the Sharpness goes to crap quick. With S+1, it's got a nice chunk of Purple.

It's supposed to mimic the actual use of the swords: Ridiculously sharp, but you can only use it a few times before it goes to crap.

Speaking of DLC equipment, did the Powderstone event quest give any or what was the point of that? I think I did it once but didn't notice getting a special item.

Nothing special, just a decent chance at Charms and Ancientshards. Not to mention Armor Spheres!

Hattori

Banned
The DS are supposed to be really awesome.

Unless you have S+1, the Sharpness goes to crap quick. With S+1, it's got a nice chunk of Purple.

It's supposed to mimic the actual use of the swords: Ridiculously sharp, but you can only use it a few times before it goes to crap.
0O8h7zf.png

AHHH I WANT ONE!!!

Riposte

Dislike it when I go and help someone in low rank with low rank gear and someone with high rank or G rank decides to solo the mission for them. No fun.

Haunted

Dislike it when I go and help someone in low rank with low rank gear and someone with high rank or G rank decides to solo the mission for them. No fun.
Most people appreciate it when someone higher ranked comes along and helps out, but it should really be helping out, and not soloing and doing content for others. That's pretty rude.

It's all about communicating and reading the vibe in the room with that stuff.

omg omg

I'm only missing Volvidon's commodity.

I have seen him ONCE in Moga Woods but very that was very early in the game and I didn't bother killing him. T__T

Phew, just got through the Barioth/Baleful Gigginox quest. Man, B. Giggi's new thing of "lay an exploding paralysis sac on my back" made things much harder than they had to be D:

At least I can move on to dual Brachydios, yaay

DaBoss

omg omg

I'm only missing Volvidon's commodity.

I have seen him ONCE in Moga Woods but very that was very early in the game and I didn't bother killing him. T__T

How do you know if you've gotten a commodity or not?

Phew, just got through the Barioth/Baleful Gigginox quest. Man, B. Giggi's new thing of "lay an exploding paralysis sac on my back" made things much harder than they had to be D:

At least I can move on to dual Brachydios, yaay

I'm not sure what weapon you use on B. Gigginox, but I use the SwitchAxe on it and attacking its body when the sac is there is the best. If you do like 3 attacks, it will cause B. Gigginox to flinch giving you extra hits.

I'm not sure what weapon you use on B. Gigginox, but I use the SwitchAxe on it and attacking its body when the sac is there is the best. If you do like 3 attacks, it will cause B. Gigginox to flinch giving you extra hits.
I became much more conservative in the last half of that fight due to running out of Potions/Mega Potions - luckily I didn't get trapped in his fakeout tackle move very often, since I carried Dung Bombs just in case.

I ended up used Wyvern Blade "Flame" for that battle actually - I completely forgot B. Giggi's weakness, so I just went for the only blue Fire weapon that I had. Finished Barioth in 10 min. or so, and took 25 for B. Giggi.

Funny thing, I just looked up his weaknesses now, turns out it's something like:

Water > Dragon >>>> Fire > Lightning/Ice

Should've probably stuck with Dios Katana+ again :p

Just took out G Jaggi then P Rathian in the same quest. And had a few minutes left, then moved onto the P Rathian only quest and it was tough barely beat it with 19 seconds left. Do they change the HP level with multiple monster fights?

Also, I cant upgrade my weapon for like 2 more levels of quests so I am pretty much stuck with the gear I have for a while as well as my Rath armor that I cannot upgrade as Hrd Armor Spheres are not available in any of the stuff I have available. Should I just "get better" as I felt I did fairly well with P Rath, got the tail, and then took forever to kill him and it has me worried for tougher bosses. When it is judt Rathalos in a HR quest, are they harder or is it when they are named something different like Pink Rathian? In comparison to Rathalos in lower level.

Just took out G Jaggi then P Rathian in the same quest. And had a few minutes left, then moved onto the P Rathian only quest and it was tough barely beat it with 19 seconds left. Do they change the HP level with multiple monster fights?

Multi-monster quests will usually have monsters at 1/2 or 1/3 of their HP.

How do you know if you've gotten a commodity or not?
You don't, you have to make a list.

Forecast Day After: C Peco, Volvidon

OMGGGGGGG FINALLY! Will save to make sure I get his commodity. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR RNG

Chacha and Kayamba are also almost at level 50. My Guild Card is about to hit iconic status!

DaBoss

Yup, text is terrible.

I also notice framerate drops frequently (at least once per quest). Even in Arena Quests the frame rate dips.

Thinking about trying out gunning to freshen things up. What's a good set/weapon top go with?

I'm more interested in the bowguns

Try to get the Worn Lightbowgun, fully upgraded to God's Archipelago. Can fire Dragon S, Fire S and numerous status ammo. It's probably the best all-around LBG in the game.

Try to get the Worn Lightbowgun, fully upgraded to God's Archipelago. Can fire Dragon S, Fire S and numerous status ammo. It's probably the best all-around LBG in the game.

Only worn weapon I have is the Gunlance and that's after a whole lot of Volcano runs. What would you suggest otherwise? Also, what kind of abilities would a gunner want?

Only worn weapon I have is the Gunlance and that's after a whole lot of Volcano runs. What would you suggest otherwise? Also, what kind of abilities would a gunner want?

The Jade Barroth LBG is decent too. The Narga X set is good for gunning as well, it has Evasion +2, Evade Distance and Sense. Plus, you can probably gem in Element Attack Up if you've got the charm.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
How embarrassing, I just realized the purpose of harvest expeditions is to "free hunt" in other places.

Being new to monster hunter is difficult, but really enjoyable.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So how the hell am I supposed am I supposed to calm down the Rathalos? He can't stay put. Keeps running and rezoning, and I can only bring so many traps. Is there a particular type of bomb he's sensitive to?

The Jade Barroth LBG is decent too. The Narga X set is good for gunning as well, it has Evasion +2, Evade Distance and Sense. Plus, you can probably gem in Element Attack Up if you've got the charm.

Sounds good. I have a few mantles from farming L.Narga so it wouldn't take long to get the rest of the stuff together.

Fistwell

Thinking about trying out gunning to freshen things up. What's a good set/weapon top go with?
Depends what you're into. If you like explosions, a-los LBG has rapid fire crag. If you like inflicting status, master kettleblower has rapid fire sleep, para and poison. Was using the latter yesterday evening in complement of Alba using his chumchum DS (para) in a group of 4 with the 2 others on DPS, some hunts were hilarious (para-flinch-flinch-para-KO-poison-flinch-flinch-DEAD).

I have no insights to offer on sets though, I'm only a hobbyist gunner and I just have a cple of gun sets (giggiX for status+2 and losX for rapid fire+1).

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Re: Village quests

I've completed all the available ones at this point, every tier has a yellow tick save for one (green). Am I right in assuming that there are other quests (urgent?) that will show up after completing Guild quests?

Note that I've completed zero guild quests at this point. :lol

Ken

Re: Village quests

I've completed all the available ones at this point, every tier has a yellow tick save for one (green). Am I right in assuming that there are other quests (urgent?) that will show up after completing Guild quests?

Note that I've completed zero guild quests at this point. :lol

Guild quests are multiplayer quests and independent of village offline quests.

For village quests you need to complete the urgent quest to get the next tier.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Guild quests are multiplayer quests and independent of village offline quests.

For village quests you need to complete the urgent quest to get the next tier.
I completed everything that was available, urgent or otherwise. Every tier from 1-4 has a yellow tick, with only 5 having a green one. I thought there was a 6 star tier but remembered that the last one is still probably reserved for urgent quests.

So what am I missing? I can't be done... I mean, I was expecting a cutscene or something.

Top Bottom