• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Going to make a room after I do some work to do some Zinogre farming. Will post when created.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Abyssal Lagi, and only that. There's some charms with I think +3 max, and you can't gem it in.

What's the point of the charm then? What number does the Abyssal Lagi give you? +12?

Hattori

Banned
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)

cartman-tears-o.gif
XD

What's the point of the charm then? What number does the Abyssal Lagi give you? +12?

it gives you 10, but some people prefer mixed armors so that +3 charm makes it easier to manage

thetrin

it gives you 10, but some people prefer mixed armors so that +3 charm makes it easier to manage

Oh gotcha. That makes sense. Alright, going to make the room for Zinogre farming. Anyone can join!

EDIT: Joined an existing GAF room.

EDIT: Made a new room in the usual place.

thetrin

Finally got my jasper! Yay!

Zinogre armor ゲット!

thetrin

Oh man, just found out bomb boost affects slime. Man, time to farm some flintstones! (not tonight, though).

Lizardus

Seems like the new DLC is up

Giant Rust Duramboros allows you to make Dual Swords and Granny has some new stock

DOES THIS MEAN WE GET G-ALATREON NEXT WEEK?!?!?!?

Fewr

How often does the old lady change her inventory? It seems she sells the same boring stuff over and over again, and once every 1,000 years I get my thunderbugs.

Fewr

Btw, yesterday I did Pink/Azure Raths and Black Diablos.

Azure was easy, the problem was Pink Rath hogging all the attention and poisoning me. Is PRath harder than AzRath for anyone else?

Black Diablos was ok, moves around too much so I have to be more patient for the openings. I noticed once I chopped tail I became more careless and was getting hit more often.

------------

I wonder why I see so many people online farming for HighRank Rathalos and other hard armors. My Volvidon set has been with me throughout HighRank (single and multi), and I couldn't be happier. These are my perks with it:
Attack Up (L)
Evasion +2
Tremor Res

I find them good enough for LongSword. I can get close hit a few times then back away without getting hit most of the time. I will probably look for this when I get to G-Rank and use it while I search for a better armor.

------------

In single player I'm about to do the Ivory Lagia fight. Do I get a special cinematic after? I ask because if I do then I'll wait until tonight, transfer save to Wii U then and do the fight there.

CPCunha

Btw, yesterday I did Pink/Azure Raths and Black Diablos.

Azure was easy, the problem was Pink Rath hogging all the attention and poisoning me. Is PRath harder than AzRath for anyone else?

Black Diablos was ok, moves around too much so I have to be more patient for the openings. I noticed once I chopped tail I became more careless and was getting hit more often.

------------

I wonder why I see so many people online farming for HighRank Rathalos and other hard armors. My Volvidon set has been with me throughout HighRank (single and multi), and I couldn't be happier. These are my perks with it:
Attack Up (L)
Evasion +2
Tremor Res

I find them good enough for LongSword. I can get close hit a few times then back away without getting hit most of the time. I will probably look for this when I get to G-Rank and use it while I search for a better armor.

------------

In single player I'm about to do the Ivory Lagia fight. Do I get a special cinematic after? I ask because if I do then I'll wait until tonight, transfer save to Wii U then and do the fight there.

Fewr, seems like we're on the same spot singleplayer-wise, i wonder if it's the same on the multiplayer portion... it would be awesome to gain some HRs with someone not that overpowered. I'll be doing some HR4 tonight if you're up to it!

Fewr

Yeh same, I‘m HR3-4 online. I‘ll be around for a couple of fights tonight. I'm thinking around 9-10ish at gmt-6 (central time) does that work for you?

Helped my brother for about 4 hours to get up to G rank last night. After doing 2 non-key quests, I decided I needed to grab the diablos by the horns...

He was surprised that you only had to do select quests to unlock the Urgent ones. I had him download the app from the Google Play store on his phone for future reference.

He was a bit scared of Jho still, but I showed him what a gunlance could do to him. He got a gem on his first kill so that was nice. He helped a lot with his both on Gold Beard. I got a gem for that run as well.

I pretty much farmed everything I can farm on the 3DS without doing port quests solo. Decided to try Green Plesioth with my S Uragaan HR armor. Man, does that hurt (doggy paddler).

I gemmed Block Up to be able to block his beam. Finally got him dead (capped) and really don't plan on playing him again unless I have to or I have better armor.

I wish I could trade some of these rubies, I want a plate.

plate was much harder for me to get

how are you going about it? maybe you could improve you chances.

edit : i remember how I got mine now. I realized you have a 10% with a tail carve and only a 4% chance on a cap. I would start a run, immediately go for his tail, carve it, and if no plate, abandon.

You should be able to get it down to about 4 minutes or less to chop and tail and see if you got a plate. Once I adopted that strategy, i got mine in 4 runs

I would advise killing him if its a free hunt, as you have a 6% chance. Not sure if thats with each of the 3 carves though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
plate was much harder for me to get

how are you going about it? maybe you could improve you chances.

HR Rath only drops it from a tail cut or a capture, I'm doing both and breaking every breakable thing. It's at the point where I'm just going to cut the tail and if it doesn't drop I reset.

HR Rath only drops it from a tail cut or a capture, I'm doing both and breaking every breakable thing. It's at the point where I'm just going to cut the tail and if it doesn't drop I reset.

yup, thats what I did. Didnt seem worth it to take an extra 10 minutes for a 4% chance when i can restart 2 more times in that window

now, if you want a ton of stuff or to make money off of your farming, that's one thing. normally when you're at that point, you just want to be done.

You are going to hate farming for Brachy palliums, and other, lower percentage drops.

Nargacuga has a medula thats a 10% drop, and you need many of them if you want to make weapons, armor, and upgrade those weapons.

Hattori

Banned
just finished making the event Dual Blades, they ruined it, it's not even symmetrical anymore. and the name sucks, Bushido?!? really lame but it still retains it's awesome purple sharpness (w/ s+1) which is the only silver lining.

also, max upgraded all my armors and now I'm left with zero Meldspar Ore and 30,000z x)

Arveene

Neo Member
Are we sure it's G-rank and not HR Alatreon? I remember seeing the G-rank quest called Second Coming or something like that.

Edit: Just looked up a YT video of it, the G-rank version is called The Second Coming. This might be the HR version we're getting.

Lizardus

Are we sure it's G-rank and not HR Alatreon? I remember seeing the G-rank quest called Second Coming or something like that.

Edit: Just looked up a YT video of it, the G-rank version is called The Second Coming. This might be the HR version we're getting.

Yeah you might be right. Now everyone will be able to get that delicious Gunner armour without being frustrated too much.

Grinding for now.. but my solo campaigning has resulted in Ala's death, all the village quest done, and almost all (non advanced) HR7 missions done.

Tips on Dire Miralis? I tried him once, just to check out the play area, and basics, and destroyed the tail things, his chest, and a wing.. but any help would be nice (honestly, I am trying to finish off the last bits of dragon weapons)

I am a Gun-lancer/Great sword guy, but am willing to use switch axes and Dial blades, if either are preferred against this slow lumbering... thing.

Lizardus

Grinding for now.. but my solo campaigning has resulted in Ala's death, all the village quest done, and almost all (non advanced) HR7 missions done.

Tips on Dire Miralis? I tried him once, just to check out the play area, and basics, and destroyed the tail things, his chest, and a wing.. but any help would be nice (honestly, I am trying to finish off the last bits of dragon weapons)

I am a Gun-lancer/Great sword guy, but am willing to use switch axes and Dial blades, if either are preferred against this slow lumbering... thing.

He is a giant punching bag. Hit him in chest underwater (after you've destroyed every glowing spots ofcourse) and hit his legs on ground as most of his body is diamond hard and will bounce your weapons.

Ultratech

It's probably the HR version.

Looks like there's two versions of the quest:
-Where Gods Fear to Tread (HR)
-The Second Coming (G-Rank)

And there's no way in hell we get G-Rank Ala this early.

thetrin

Suited, booted, gemmed, and ready to rock for the start of G Rank. I probably won't be able to hop on tonight, but I would love if some gaffers would be up for doing key quests for HR6 and maybe even 7 tomorrow.

Would love to get at least one HR done so I can look into G Rank quests that have better drop rates on higher level mats I need.

Top Bottom